That game you hate that everyone else loves.

Sign in to follow this  

I originally had Deus Ex here, but by some powerful force I'm in love with the game (I don't get it either._)

So I'm just gonna say Duke Nukem Forever since everyone here loves it.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Deus Ex.

The game offers choice, but the only choices are if you sneak or if you don't. And sneaking is easy because the A.I graduated from the "TERRORISM FOR GIRL SCOUTS" academy.

Very true. Fortunately DX:HR has a good AI for flushing out stealth. (also, the regen health is NOT derogatory in HR, contrary to common ideas concerning it's implementation)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

And there was no SMB 2 on the Gameboy as far as I know, unless you mean the GBA port which was released under the Super Mario Advance series.

There is definitely a Mario 2 game on the Gameboy, I played it religiously years ago. Though if it is called exactly "Super Mario Bros" I don't remember.

And there was no SMB 2 on the Gameboy as far as I know, unless you mean the GBA port which was released under the Super Mario Advance series.

There is definitely a Mario 2 game on the Gameboy, I played it religiously years ago. Though if it is called exactly "Super Mario Bros" I don't remember.

Super Mario Advance 2 I believe?

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Super Mario Advance 2 I believe?

Why does everyone seem to think that the Gameboy Advance was the only Gameboy with games worth mentioning?

I also remember a second Mario game for the ORIGINAL Gameboy/Gameboy Color.

Grand Theft auto series and Mafia 2. They're almost the same. all you do is jack cars and kill people. I don't see any point to that.

Mafia 2 is set in a much cooler enviroment, and has in my opinion a better story then GTA. Except for Vice City then. But you do have a point that they are pretty similiar when it comes to the gameplay, except the cops actually take you for speeding in mafia 2, and you can run out of gas. I wish i could fill my car up for 5 bucks. :P

I played GTA3 and i got arrested like 3 minutes in.

I do find fun in both of them, usually I just take a car and wreck it, get another car and wreck that one, and so on.

Also known as "Username"

Why does everyone seem to think that the Gameboy Advance was the only Gameboy with games worth mentioning?

I also remember a second Mario game for the ORIGINAL Gameboy/Gameboy Color.

We are getting old, that's why. :-/

Guitar Hero Games/Rock Band (or any game where you buy extra equipment like fake guitars/drumsets/etc.) The only exception is the Wii Zapper.

Pokemon Games - SNORE. They are all the same to me. I hate turn base fighting/random battles.

Final Fantasy Games - I HATE TURN BASE FIGHTING/RANDOM BATTLES.

World of Warcraft - I don't like MMORPGS, and I'd much prefer having Warcraft 4 (another RTS).

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

Counter Strike, Final Fantasy, Halo, Borderlands, Dark Souls 2, Dead Rising, Starcraft, X-com: UFO defense, Pokemon, Warcraft, Call of Duty, Terraria, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Metro 2033, and every fucking MOBA. By the gods I hate MOBAs.

Counter Strike, Final Fantasy, Halo, Borderlands, Dark Souls 2, Dead Rising, Starcraft, X-com: UFO defense, Pokemon, Warcraft, Call of Duty, Terraria, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Metro 2033, and every fucking MOBA. By the gods I hate MOBAs.

Goodness. A lot of titles I love on there lol. Awkward.

OT: To put it bluntly, Five Nights at Freddy's. Now, to clarify, I don't really hate the game as I think the concept is cool and it's a fresh new idea for the horror genre, but to me it's too stressful. Like WAY too stressful. I deal with that enough in real life just trying to keep myself from making my final quarter in college the first quarter where I fail a class and the last thing I need right now is to have a video game be the thing that finally pushes me into ulcer levels.

Retired Forum Moderator

Something I hate that everyone else loves...

Evil Within.

New game, made by the resident evil creators. Graphics are great but... Gameplay looks so damn blurgh. Controls too. And the genre is confusing. First it's a stealth game, then a horror, then an action. Please stick to one.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Something I hate that everyone else loves...

Evil Within.

New game, made by the resident evil creators. Graphics are great but... Gameplay looks so damn blurgh. Controls too. And the genre is confusing. First it's a stealth game, then a horror, then an action. Please stick to one.

I believe the pitch for that game went somewhere along the lines of:

"So is it going to be a stealth game? Action? Horror?"

"Yes."

Retired Forum Moderator

Any FPS horror game that refuses to let you pick up that table leg off the floor and use it as a weapon... Or the guard's gun... Or even use your somewhat malfunctioning super-sized Maglite as a blunt weapon. (it's actually designed for it, just like it's used in Doom 3)

Oh, and any game that prevents you from jumping. (or requires 3 steps just to tell your character to move over an obstacle)