That game you hate that everyone else loves.

Sign in to follow this  

Five Nights at Freddy's.

You want to avoid FNaF 2 then. You now have to deal with ten robots and becomes Spooky Micromanagement Simulator 2014

Eleven, counting the "puppet".

minecraft

pokemon

legend of zelda

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

It was just so damn boring and slow... Nothing scary about it at all.

OT: TF2... Sure it's kinda fun for a few days, but after a week I just don't get how someone can still play it. It's the exact same over and over again. Mods are usually unpopular, and moving away from vanilla garners hate on forums. THERE IS NO VARIETY ANYMORE!!! Even Tribes 2 had more variety and complexity than TF2. (as well as 'Battlefield 1942' sized open-world maps)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I just remembered this one: Red Orchestra 2.

The game it's self is mechanically flawed in so many ways it would be easier to just not list them. Though the one I will mention is bullet penetration is dependent on the texture used which will lead to walls being penned from one side and not the other by the same weapon.

The biggest thing that makes me hate it is it's toxic elitist community that has stagnated the game since they refuse to add anything because they 'don't want it to be like Battlefield.'

In the in end everything the game wants to do ArmA does it better so I'll just stick with that.

The game it's self is mechanically flawed in so many ways it would be easier to just not list them. Though the one I will mention is bullet penetration is dependent on the texture used which will lead to walls being penned from one side and not the other by the same weapon.

The biggest thing that makes me hate it is it's toxic elitist community that has stagnated the game since they refuse to add anything because they 'don't want it to be like Battlefield.'

In the in end everything the game wants to do ArmA does it better so I'll just stick with that.

Yeah cause... making a game that is "realistic" is more important than making it fun apparently... don't get that attitude...

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Yeah cause... making a game that is "realistic" is more important than making it fun apparently... don't get that attitude...

The game was released on 13 September 2011 and it wouldn't be 23 September 2014 that they would finally add the MG42 and light tanks to the game despite trying to be realistic when those were present at Stalingrad. So really they couldn't even keep the 'realistic' part consistent either. Hard to believe that this is by the Killing Floor devs.

It was just so damn boring and slow... Nothing scary about it at all.

OT: TF2... Sure it's kinda fun for a few days, but after a week I just don't get how someone can still play it. It's the exact same over and over again. Mods are usually unpopular, and moving away from vanilla garners hate on forums. THERE IS NO VARIETY ANYMORE!!! Even Tribes 2 had more variety and complexity than TF2. (as well as 'Battlefield 1942' sized open-world maps)

It's not that the community hates mods, the community loves mods and I enjoy playing in them from time to time myself, but most of the mods the TF2 community ENJOY are mods with an objective, like VSH or prop hunt. But otherwise, TF2 has a delicate balance that is not to be fucked with by the likes of 100% crits, low gravity, and RTD.

And the reason TF2 is so interesting to many is because much like the other two major games out on steam right now (Dota 2 and CS:GO), it's a game with a competitive scene that's easily accessible to whomever it may interest, as well as a high skill ceiling and low skill floor so that there's always room for improvement while not being incredibly daunting to learn how to play.

I somehow doubt realism is the issue, a line needs to be drawn somewhere and being able to penetrate a bulletproof wall just because the side you fired at it from is made of feathers kinda crosses that line just a lil bit.

the name's riley

C&C Red Alert 1

Let's take NOD and GDI from Tiberian Dawn, rename them to Allies and Soviets, take half of the good things about NOD like flamethrower trooper and obelisk of light and give it to Soviets and give them new aircraft too. Well, Allies could use something new, how about some ships? But that could be too strong so let's give Soviets some submarines to keep balance.

Congratulations, you just have one side with best armor, best infantry, best aircraft and best anti-armor defense against other side which has good navy...

You know what? I think it's not very fair, so let's make expansion and give Soviets tesla troopers and missile subs. And Allies gets a mechanic to repair their armor, because they are loosing tanks all the time (wonder why, maybe it's those tesla coils who keeps one shoting them).

But it's not just about balance (Allies can win against Soviets, they are just very limited), I don't find campaign to be much fun either, after Tiberian Dawn where you had a very memorable character of Kane, you don't get much here. There is also no tiberium which means that map affects gameplay less than it could.

I've played almost every game in the C&C series (with exception of C&C4 and generals, but including Mental Omega mod for RA2) and from what I played RA1 is the worst of them, but it has one redeeming value - it has the best soundtrack in the series.

Dragon Age: Origins

I can't grasp very well what I don't like about this game, I guess I could say it's a combination of a number of factors.

In general, I don't like when enemies level up with your characters. Usually it means fighting the same enemies over and over again and when you have hard time with certain part of a game, you can't outlevel it.

And then there are things which irritates me, like that there is not much gear or money to get my characters some decent equipment, that there is bunch of characters but I'm still going to use the same three for the whole game so they are there just for talk, dialogues are ok but when it comes to decisions I felt like there is not enough options to reason with characters. My main problem with this is in Redcliffe Castle where you have an option to travel to Circle Tower to get mages for ritual but leaving possesed kid in castle for several days seems stupid to me so I go with blood magic which of course greatly pisses off certain characters...

Let's just say I played the game twice and didn't finish it twice.

Funny thing is I recently played Shadowrun Dragonfall which is almost the same thing gameplaywise and I really liked it. It probably helped that I'm more for the sci-fi than fantasy.

What I liked in Dragon Age though was the Fade part where you have to wake up your party and defeat the Sloth demon. It was a welcome change of pace from the regular combat.

I think I'll give the game another chance in the future, get on with easier difficulty setting, not care about what characters in my party thinks and just breeze through it for the story.

Fallout 4. I honhestly try very hard to like it, but its just so bad.. Mods help a bit, but i just cannot find a mod to eliminate city building ENTIRELY- my biggest gripe.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Most of the time it just boils down to games not being my cup of tea despite everyone else loving them. I don't hate them, per se, that would be a waste of energy, I just kind of don't play them.

Games like Amnesia: Dark Descent are simply not a genre I enjoy for instance and no matter how much other people love the game, I just can't get into it. It's not a bad game, I just don't have fun with it. It's not exciting for me, and the gameplay mechanics are more just aggravating me and frustrating me than helping me get into it.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Fallout 4. I honhestly try very hard to like it, but its just so bad.. Mods help a bit, but i just cannot find a mod to eliminate city building ENTIRELY- my biggest gripe.

Your settlements don't have to be built at all... The settlers never die unless YOU shoot them.

Your settlements don't have to be built at all... The settlers never die unless YOU shoot them.

Not always true, I've found. Ironically, the only settlers I do see die are usually named settlers. Which is a shame, because they at least have a little personality compared to the nameless rabble of ordinary settlers you usually get.

And yeah, I'm a bit surprised to hear that the settlements system are the biggest problem with the game for you (Meelis13, I mean), especially considering that they are largely optional. Honestly, it's probably my favorite part of the game, but then, the biggest appeal of the post-apocalyptic genre for me has been the concept of rebuilding, so this did really well to scratch my itch. Granted, I do agree that it could use a lot more added to it to flesh it out (which I kinda expect to happen through a DLC, actually). I'd like to see it transition more into a broader nation building before long. Perhaps as post game content with your chosen faction, but I digress...

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Named settlers are different from normal settlers... The benefit of them is you can send them somewhere already fortified, and leave them be, no worry about them dying then.

Not always true, I've found. Ironically, the only settlers I do see die are usually named settlers. Which is a shame, because they at least have a little personality compared to the nameless rabble of ordinary settlers you usually get.

And yeah, I'm a bit surprised to hear that the settlements system are the biggest problem with the game for you (Meelis13, I mean), especially considering that they are largely optional. Honestly, it's probably my favorite part of the game, but then, the biggest appeal of the post-apocalyptic genre for me has been the concept of rebuilding, so this did really well to scratch my itch. Granted, I do agree that it could use a lot more added to it to flesh it out (which I kinda expect to happen through a DLC, actually). I'd like to see it transition more into a broader nation building before long. Perhaps as post game content with your chosen faction, but I digress...

You should see my attempts at building. I tend to only construct anything if I absolutely have to, in order to fulfill a quest or something, and even then I have little sense of a sites feng shui - just dumping generators on the dirt whenever they flash green. I agree with you though, I'm not sure why some people are so hung up on the settlement features, you rarely have to do anything with them if you don't feel like it.

Speaking of named NPCs being inconsiderate by dying - when I installed the Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim, pretty much everyone who was remotely useful in Whiterun were killed by Vampires within an hour.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

when I installed the Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim, pretty much everyone who was remotely useful in Whiterun were killed by Vampires within an hour.

ROFL!