That game you hate that everyone else loves.

Sign in to follow this  

I'm just more surprised that you're finding that much NSFW Overwatch stuff. I admit that there is an overabundance of fanart for it but all I ever seem to see is bad jokes about reaper and Soldier 76 being angsty dads, secret asshole Mercy, and gamer-trash D.va.

Retired Forum Moderator

Overwatch is becoming the new FNAF/Goat Sim/Undertale, I can sense it now.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

Overwatch is becoming the new FNAF/Goat Sim/Undertale, I can sense it now.

Except that Overwatch (from what I can tell) isn't actually shit, that relies on one gimmick to hold the whole game together. Speaking of which:

Undertale. In short: Toxic fanbase, it comes off as overly preachy (IMO) on a topic that I'm on the opposing side of, and as a game that, to be taken as A) A game and B) A RPG, it falls, hard.

Long version:

The toxic community. Now, A) Every fanbase/community is shit, and has its toxic members. B) Not everyone is toxic. C) The toxic ones are the loudest. That out of the way With all the toxic communities I've seen, Undertale's the worse. This game is less of a game, and more of an experience (like Stanley Parable). One that is only experienced if you go pure blind and not take the passive route. Bonus points if you go the (pure) genocide route.

With how the internet works, with how, the gaming community works, this is basically impossible now. Take DarkSydePhil (DSP) for example (hate him, or haven't encountered him yet, doesn't matter) actually managed to play the game blind, like pure, pure blind. People facepalmed at the expected things (like not knowing how to do X even though the game just told him how) and raging at similar things. Then the Undertale fanbase started raging at him for not going the (pure) passive route. Are you fucking kidding me?! His gaming skills aside, he's playing this like anyone else would, how it should be played (on your first play through). How's that you ask (or didn't)?

Simple, like an RPG. Doing things like getting the new equipment, talking to NPCs, finding treasure, fighting every enemy you encounter, etc. Hell, he was yelled at for eating a certain healing item when he was low on health. Again, something you would do in your typical game/RPG.

Also, compared to your typical RPG, the combat system is really, really simple. Now, I can't say the same as the bullet-hell sections, seeing as I'm not a fan of those games, and I don't know any good comparisons. Also compared to your average (puzzle) game, the puzzles are extremely simple, so simple some of them are solved for you. As a means to "develop characters". You don't develop characters by having them solve puzzles for you.

I'm going to stop here before I turn this into a vent post.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Morrowind, ohoho. Morrowind definitely. So fucking flawed. I don't even want to go into it, but if someone wants me to, I'll try and write 20 paragraphs on it.

Also, if I damn well want to wank off to fictional characters, I damn well will! Not like I can get anyone in real life anyways. :')

Morrowind, ohoho. Morrowind definitely. So fucking flawed. I don't even want to go into it, but if someone wants me to, I'll try and write 20 paragraphs on it.

Well then I look forward to your 20 paragraphs Necro. Morrowind is my favorite game of all time. But I'm always up for well reasoned arguments and looking at Morrowind from a different angle.

I could say the exact same for Skyrim, that piece of utter fucking garbage. I've burned Skyrim down to a crisp, danced on it's ashes and taken a piss on them for good measure. I'd be more than happy do it again if you'd like. :twisted:

Consider this my invitation to a duel. If you'd like to proceed then we'll shall begin under one condition. I've not played any of the DLC for Skyrim so we'll talk strictly about vanilla Skyrim and vanilla Morrowind respectively. As a gesture of good faith I will let go first.

You're more than welcome to decline if you'd prefer not to. I will respect your wishes whichever you choose.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Consider this my invitation to a duel.

*runs and gets popcorn*

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Thomas Was Alone

To me, it's just like every other indie game out there. :I Some tragic story, with some simplistic character, with plain graphics. I've played too many of these games. XD They're so boring and so typical. Sorry. I could only play it for 20 minutes before I got bored to death.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Doom 1 and 2

Except not really, because the only reason I actually hate them is because they give me horrible motion sickness. Something about the engine, I don't know. I can't play Hexen or Heretic either because of it

I'm also at this point convinced I'm the only person who things Spec Ops: The Line is the dumbest thing ever.

I always argue about how pretentious it is and no one disagrees with me, but they argue that sometimes it's good for it to be pretentious. I disagree. The minute I realize that something is a bit pretentious all the enjoyment I might have is sucked out.

Except oddly with the matrix films, but that's probably because they're incredibly dumb anyway.

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." ~ Elric, the Technomage

the matrix films

God I hate the Matrix films, they're the very definition of pretentious and edgy films. :ugeek:

Basically every indie game out there, with few exceptions.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

Doom (2016)

I really get why original Doom was popular but i dont get why this is. Mazes, combat is a joke (even weak enemies are bullet sponges), weapons feel off, all that.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Doom (2016)

I really get why original Doom was popular but i dont get why this is. Mazes, combat is a joke (even weak enemies are bullet sponges), weapons feel off, all that.

I haven't played it yet, but my reason for not wanting to play it is the graphics. And I know that makes me sound like a graphics snob (which, being a lover of PS1-era graphics, I'm not. I know games don't need to look good to be good).

Still, somehow the graphics of the new Doom are a huge turn-off for me, and I think it would distract me to the point where I couldn't really enjoy the game anymore. Maybe it's the shaders, but somehow everything just looks like plastic to me. Look at Sniper Elite 2, that game did it right and looks really immersive. You can almost feel the texture of every texture there.

Actually just remembered. Star Wars Battlefront 2. It was horribly awkward, but had fun ground combat.

the space battles however were abysmal. They were horribly disorienting and I never had any idea where I was and the lock on feature helped nothing.

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." ~ Elric, the Technomage

The minute I realize that something is a bit pretentious all the enjoyment I might have is sucked out.

I sorta feel the same way with cheese. I fucking hate cheesiness in video games. It's not cute, it's not charming and most important of all it's not funny.

Actually just remembered. Star Wars Battlefront 2. It was horribly awkward, but had fun ground combat.

the space battles however were abysmal. They were horribly disorienting and I never had any idea where I was and the lock on feature helped nothing.

I was very disappointed with Star Wars Battlefront 2. I heard all sorts of good things about it but when I started playing it was extremely generic and boring. I felt like I was playing a bad CoD clone with Star Wars plastered over it. I honestly don't know why people liked Star Wars Battlefront 2 as much as they did.

Doom (2016)

Having never played the original games (my first foray into the franchise was Doom 3, which I really enjoyed) I think I was in a rather less expectant position than most gamers who most likely grew up with the older titles. I've been playing the newest one for the last two weeks and I personally couldn't be happier. I have, admittedly, been playing on the easiest setting, so it's great game for rather casual (i.e. "not actually very good") gamers like me to feel like a screaming macho lunatic. I'd argue that Doom 3 was the better paced and more atmospheric of the two most recent installments, but Doom 2016 (this name annoys me) is probably the more tone appropriate in context of the series.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Borderlands series. I just find them to be so boooooooring. They take longer to beat than they should. It feels like you have to do every quest, side and main, just to be at the recommended level for the next main mission you get.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I could never get into the Killzone series. I've only played the first two games of the series but completed neither of them, I borrowed them off my older brother who is a much bigger fan of the franchise than me. It does a lot of stuff I dislike about modern FPS games such as regenerating health without a life bar, extremely linear missions that hold your hand throughout, etc. I could forgive the games those minor flaws if the setting wasn't so indefensibly generic. Did they have committee on the development whose sole purpose was to ensure the setting lacked any originality, imagination or charm? "Hey, humanity is now in space for some reason and OH NOES DERE IS AN EVUL EMPIRATS TRYING 2 TAIK OVA" who of course all have hilariously campy Ameri-English accents like all worst/best hollywood villains.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I really like the Killzone games, but thats more of a gameplay thing than me being into the lore or story or anything, because like most action orientated games its pure garbage.