FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 0

the reason he didnt do the rest of the course (the weapons part), In a later episode, he said that he'd never fired a gun, so doing that part of the course would mean that he was lying, which he cant have been, because its his inner thoughts, not what he actually said.

I'll join the minority. I thought it was good, but a little too sarcastic for my liking. I would have been a little happier if the humor wasn't so divisive all the time.

Please don't create new topics for something you can just post inside this topic. Thank you.

Pardon me sir, I'm quite new in those forum things. Now I'm aware of that.

What the hell are you talking about, honestly, ONLY one person commented negatively in this whole thread..

Also, I know. Seeing as how there's probably more than a few who share that negative opinion I was addressing it to that, not the thread comments.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

IMHO, This would have been an excellent April Fools Day episode insted of just a regular one and trying to tie it with the rest of the plot since, well, AF episodes don't neceseraly require a continuous line of thought or any sence at all. :)

Plus, it would be hard to explain the logic in jumping off a platform suspended 10 metres above the ground just to prove you can get injured from that.

Or the fact that Freeman must use medkids and armor chargers and later on neglect them or mistake them for car batteries. :lol:

And the most funny thing in the training are the shooting ranges. As if some prophet (mb G-man :) ) knew a bunch of theoretical-physics nerds would soon need to fight for their lives against the military, mutants and aliens from another dimension. :o

I completely forgot the suit had a stealth mode. Was that even part of the gameplay?

I completely forgot the suit had a stealth mode. Was that even part of the gameplay?

Not really. I can't remember a single moment in Half-life that didn't involve running out guns blazing and shooting your enemies in the face.

I love how Black Mesa Security and even Science Team training involve falling 18 feet onto concrete, and HECU training involves getting shot in the chest with a Shotgun. Awesome.

What the hell were Valve and Gearbox thinking back then? :lol:

I love how Black Mesa Security and even Science Team training involve falling 18 feet onto concrete, and HECU training involves getting shot in the chest with a Shotgun. Awesome.

What the hell were Valve and Gearbox thinking back then? :lol:

I bet they couldn't predict Youtube, Machinima and Freeman's Mind!!! Next HL should be designed for Ross' video needs ;) hehehe

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

The funniest thing for me was how I'd never noticed how ridiculous this is. I mean, the training course completely ruins the immersion, with the "Press the crouch button" type language, but we accept it as part of the game and don't notice. Well, I never thought about it anyway. Brilliant, brilliant episode, might have been the most I've laughed at an FM in a while, in terms of one off moments.

And this was my bet, so a couple of people I know owe me money now. Black Mesa Source, pffftt, yeah right!

Not really. I can't remember a single moment in Half-life that didn't involve running out guns blazing and shooting your enemies in the face.

The only time i can think of stealth mode is with the giant tentacle monster, in the actual game you have to crouch and sneak past them, using grenades to make them turn away from you so you can get to ladders and doors, Ross Scott didn't do that, he was able to use a little bit of HAX to get by them in a non-obviously-a-game way, but if you tried what he did in-game you'd die.

I just used the shift key and walked instead of crouching, I think that's how Señor Scott did it.

Anyway, I thought that the decision to leave off the nonsensical training parts was a good idea.

100 percent average every time, all the time.

The only time i can think of stealth mode is with the giant tentacle monster, in the actual game you have to crouch and sneak past them, using grenades to make them turn away from you so you can get to ladders and doors, Ross Scott didn't do that, he was able to use a little bit of HAX to get by them in a non-obviously-a-game way, but if you tried what he did in-game you'd die.

Good point. Half Life was released in the same year as the first Thief game, although I don't know which came first. There must have been some pressure to include stealth as a gameplay element. Not a lot of stealth gameplay in 1st person games comes to mind before that year. The first was likely the original System Shock and *maybe* Strife or Heretic/Hexen after that. Most of them were hybrid RPGs as well.