Did You Know...

Sign in to follow this  

Did you know that:

Gustav III of Sweden made coffee a death sentence.

King Gustav III of Sweden (1746-1792) had some peculiar ideas about coffee, and even more peculiar ways of testing his ideas.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEiJ-k-WvRCCwjpDKXWvZSOWom5VkIWUUjbMEx5A51_N4cvx6T

Since the early 1700s coffee had been imported into Sweden, but its benefits were hotly debated. Some people thought it to be poisonous and of satanic origin; others, including some prominent scientists, touted its health benefits. King Gustav was in the former group. To prove the theory that coffee was deadly, Gustav arranged for a clinical trial. He found two identical twins who were convicted of murder; he sentenced one to drink three pots of coffee every day, and the other to drink the same amount of tea. The trial would continue until one of them died. Gustav appointed two of his court physicians to monitor the men, sure that the coffee drinker would be the first to keel over.

The experiment didn’t come out the way Gustav expected. The doctors were the first to die. The next to die was King Gustav himself, who was murdered at a masked ball in 1792. Finally, after many years, one of the murderers did die…at the age of 83.

It was the tea drinker. (HA!)

Did you know that, that blew my mind?

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Did you know that this is proof that My Little Pony is a stupid show? -

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a Canadian/American flash cartoon series produced by Studio B Productions based around the My Little Pony Universe. It was developed for television by Lauren Faust, who also worked on The Powerpuff Girls and Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends. Since its on-air debut in October 2010, The series became a popular subject of threads, reaction images, and macro images on 4chan

@Axeldeath

Nice. But I think this show either for little girls or for REALLY lonely people.

@Axeldeath

Nice. But I think this show either for little girls or for REALLY lonely people.

either for little girls or for REALLY lonely people

REALLY lonely people

4chan

5518047829_2e057e1f36.jpg

..Anyway. Did you know that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has an article written about it on Know Your Meme?

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Anyway. Did you know that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has an article written about it on Know Your Meme?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDs35N7WyMM

yarly42486.jpg

Did you know that George Bush disapproves of ponies?

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Anyway. Did you know that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has an article written about it on Know Your Meme?

Obvious statement is obvious

Did you know that George Bush disapproves of ponies?

Doesn't he have a ranch?

Doesn't he have a ranch?

Ranchers raise horses, not those deformed... creatures.

Back on topic with this

Did you know that Utah almost couldn't join the United States of America because of it's large Mormon population. American's didn't (and still don't) like the idea of a religon allowing you to marry numerous people.

Hi Friend.

Did you know I FUCKING HATE MORMONS*! FANJBGUAKGJABGFASNFDASBFUGAG^@#^F

I'm sorry I don't know what came over me... I think... I think i need to watch some more my little pony...Relearn...love...toleration...

*I don't actually hate Mormons

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Did you know that a popular souvenir is the road sign for moose-crossing. Every year a huge number of these signs are stolen from Swedish roads.

Copy_of_algskylt.gif

Did you know that Atlanta (which is about a stone's throw away from my city) was the only city in North America to be destroyed by fire as an act of war?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

The 1948 Tucker Torpedo was designed with three headlights, including one in the center of the grill.

It is a fully driveable car in the videogame: L.A Noir

The only Covertible of the model sold for a hefty $1,400,000

Tucker-Torpedo-1948.jpg

I want 1

Fine, I'll go along with your Unicorn bestrackled postages, Alpha.

To state that any variation of "Rainbow" being a color is to state the obvious: White light contains all colors simultaneously.

Subtractive color means that combinations of three primary colors absorb unwanted color wavelengths and reflect others in order to produce desired color outputs. This is usually observed in CMYK outputs on Printers and Plotting Machines, which combine Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Key black.

Additive color means that the combinations of three primary colors generate different reflections, and the lack of input of one or more color additives decrease the reflected spectra. This is usually observed in RGB outputs on Monitors, Televisions, and most standard image encoding methods, which combine Red, Green and Blue.

By this line of logic, CMYK can generate Black as a color, but RGB cannot, as making black consists of generating less light instead of making a color combination.

Color is observed in variations of the wavelength of light hitting your eye. Depending on how narrow or how wide the wavelength is what creates the color.

spectrum.jpg

Although Reds appear broader in distinction than other colors, the human eye is most responsive to greens.

Wavelengths narrower than Violet are called Ultraviolet, and longer than Red are called Infrared.

A single Nanometer is one billionth of a meter- about 1/100,000th of the size of a human hair, and about equal to the diameter of a helium atom.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Wavelengths narrower than Violet are called Ultraviolet, and longer than Red are called Infrared.

Gamma and X rays have smaller wavelengths than visible light and aren't usually refered too as Ultraviolet (even though the name could be applicable)