Hardest Game You've Played?

Mhmm. Perhaps Killer 7 in hard mode? One of the bosses (some sort of doll) was just impossible. I eventually gave up on it (I had already finished the game in normal mode, so....)

Killer7 is such an amazing game, if it were a girl I would propose to it right where I stood.

Kurahashi & Akiba are the hardest on hard mode because they throw their friggin' brains at you..Ulmeyda is pretty tough too if you're not looking where you're going. And by "Doll" I'm assuming you mean Ayame Blackburn? Dan is the perfect Smith to use for both her battles.

Oh wow got off track. The hardest game I've ever played was Unreal on its highest difficulty, because the A.I is so damn smart and can pummel you in tourist mode, this mode annihilated me.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Ico for PS2

Never understood a damn thing... Well except that you had to drag some white chick around with you... Got as far as when you just step outside and onto a roof of that damned castle, of course there would be some weird ass shadow who stole the girl and flew away. I tried that countless times, in the end i smashed a controller.

*Facepalm* :roll:

Actually I change my mind. The hardest game I've played was Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey.

Can't even get passed the tutorial levels.

The hardest game I've played I forgot the name of... you avoid some asian weird guy from catching your cursor with different means. The game gets harder every second and you're lucky if you'll make it one minute. It's an online internet game though.

A close second and very fun mind and fingers game is Supaplex which I never was able to finish all levels at and only one relative I know was after a year of playing. It looks simple and like Pacman or Boulder Dash but in reality it's Excellent level design and a variety of features that differ in this game. Check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e8Ys1ZPVcw

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Uh, I guess Uncharted 2 on Crushing was pretty hard. I managed to beat that after a while. I tend to avoid playing things that feel too hard for me. I kept being amazed when I'd finally make it through later sections of U2. There was a time that after like 20 tries at a hard combat area, I figured out a way to time movements perfectly to sneak past, something it didn't even seem like they planned for, cause the cutscene triggered with dead soldiers lying behind me. :P

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune: I raged so hard at this game, especially after finishing off one wave of enemies, another wave comes and takes their place.

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THOSE LASER SIGHT D.EAGLE MERCS. :evil:

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars: Pretty challenging at first, but you get used to it after a while.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Devil May Cry on "Dante must die" difficulty. was so painful..

But my spirit shall never rest till I play DMC 4 on Hell and Hell.

Retired Forum Moderator

Battletoads on NES. While it's challenging, still fun to play, though. Battletoads & Double Dragon was much easier.

Battletoads on NES. While it's challenging, still fun to play, though. Battletoads & Double Dragon was much easier.

At least Battletoads is a fairly good game and one of Rare's earliest good titles after making shit for LJN for such a long time.

I agree, it was very fun BUT dying after a couple of minutes every time you played was discouraging

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I agree, it was very fun BUT dying after a couple of minutes every time you played was discouraging

It discourages you, but it's not enough for quitting. The game is fun and entertaining. And that's why you keep playing. And after you beat the game - you're on the top of the world.

Dead Space 2. I literally gave up near the end when I had NO ammo and No health. It is absoultley frustrating to be to that close and have to start over (Since I only saved once DERP DERP)

I could have been easier but of course fate is a bitch.

My number 1 hardest?

Turok 2 seeds of evil. Its not hard? Without a rumble pack (Memory Card). Now thats hardcore. That game has the longest levels on N64 and is probably longer than any other game today.

My case is that we let a friend borrow a rumble pack and never got it back.

Dead Space 2. I literally gave up near the end when I had NO ammo and No health. It is absoultley frustrating to be to that close and have to start over (Since I only saved once DERP DERP)

Had this problem first playthrough. Went into the fight with no health packs, a clip of line gun, a clip of plasma cutter ammo, 2 saw blades and an empty rifle. I strategically placed those little baby things between boss and me and took out as many as I could with linegun (which traveled straight through to the boss), then looted the resulting ammo/health drops. with only 4 linegun rounds left, you can win fight depending on how lucky your drops are. :P

of course the fight takes forever.

Retired Forum Moderator

Had this problem first playthrough. Went into the fight with no health packs, a clip of line gun, a clip of plasma cutter ammo, 2 saw blades and an empty rifle. I strategically placed those little baby things between boss and me and took out as many as I could with linegun (which traveled straight through to the boss), then looted the resulting ammo/health drops. with only 4 linegun rounds left, you can win fight depending on how lucky your drops are. :P

of course the fight takes forever.

The problem was that i was facing the regenerading necromorph so it made scavenging ammo not so much of a breeze, And plus there was not alot of normal necromorphs. So I made to the elevator and went to a room that you had to hack a door, sadly one of the flying necromorphs kept killing me, even if I kill one a regerading necromorph pops up and kills me.

I sold the game without beating it which was stupid, but still I was not willing to start over or keep trying I gave up.

I hit hard times with ammo but managed but near the end It was damned Impossible for me.

Thanks for the advice it would have been helpful lol

Places number 2 and 3 are held by Thief I and Thief II on expert difficulty.

Hardest game ever is Supermeatboy. And those of you who haven't played it, well... it's an awesome game but by the time you fail for the thousandth time to pass the second level, well let's say the pc monitor will be flying out of the window :P

Also there's this really old game called Abuse, which consists of a Robocop-like character shooting at radioactive mutant dog zombies strapped with laser rifles, grenade launchers and rocket launchers on their backs. At first it's easy but as the game goes on you are overwhelmed by wave upon wave of enemies to which you have no reaction time windows. You have to be instantenous at shooting and killing. For anyone who wants this game, I have a downloadable free version (the game is so old and the company that used to make it went bankrupt, which resulting in releasing the game with some unfinished areas as a free copy) so contact me if u want some good old vintage 2D shooter :)