Hardest Game You've Played?

Far Cry. A lot of fun but there are these mutated monkey things that jump at you and kill you in one hit. Plus, they like to hide in all the bushes at night. Also, there are these invisible mutant things that hop all over the place. Very frustrating fighting these things.

Didn't like the begining of Duke Nukem, like it had the spirit of the old games but it was kinda too much guided for me, not much experimentation and difficulty. Later on it gets better

Hardest would have to be the final levels of a game my brother made for the old Apple computers back in the late 80's... (back before his accident his IQ was somewhere above 190, and he had it mostly dedicated to computer programming and graphics)

Couldn't say why that was so much harder than Doom 3 on Nightmare with an 'enhanced difficulty' mod, but it was for some reason. Was far more fun too...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I think it was Ninja Gaiden. I suck at it.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I think it was Ninja Gaiden. I suck at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jluv2HxFEqs

Another one I played was one of the rainbow six games for the PC. You played as a squad member of your choosing for each mission. head shots killed you instantly, else it was a 2 hit death. if anyone died in the mission, they were gone for good from the game. If they were injured in the mission, they were injured permanently. At least, that's the conclusion I drew from the first 6 levels. Never beat it to this day. T_T

Retired Forum Moderator

May be a bit nerdy, but it is Zelda 2. Honestly, I never beat the first level.

You never beat LoZ:aLttP?!?

May be a bit nerdy, but it is Zelda 2. Honestly, I never beat the first level.

You never beat LoZ:aLttP?!?

I think he meant Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link on the NES, which I'll admit has a very steep difficulty curve. ALttP is actually Zelda 3, technically.

Ah... Most people refer to ALttP as the second one, hence why I asked.

Yeah, I never actually played the second NES one, so I don't know, but I'll be doing it soon just to be able to say I did...

Duke Nukem 3D on the IPod Touch. The controls suck and whenever you go into the menu to try and fix them and press back the game ends! Plus, Machineworks never released an update to fix it. So whenever I try to move backwards I end up strafing to the left.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Hardest game I ever played, Red Faction on hard difficulty. The game was challenging enough on normal but on hard it was dam near impossible. Though I have heard of people beating it on hard, I never did.

Hardest game I ever played, Red Faction on hard difficulty. The game was challenging enough on normal but on hard it was dam near impossible. Though I have heard of people beating it on hard, I never did.

Challenge accepted!

Retired Forum Moderator

Any serious Sam game on mental difficulty in single player

And when he gets to heaven,

To saint Peter he will tell;

One more soldier reporting, sir.

I've served my time in Hell!

Somebody already said it, but Contra for NES that game is tough.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

LoZ puzzles are somewhat difficult.

In LoZ:TP it took me longer than i really care to admit to figure out how to get to the first poe in Arbiter's Grounds.

I just skipped it. it was the last one i got.

I never made it past the deku tree in OoT. I was just too lazy to figure it out.

In the original, it took me 3 days to pass the 5th dungeon. I bombed down every wall in sight and nothing happened.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Also known as "Username"