Freeman's Unusual Proficiency In Languages

Sign in to follow this  

"El gato esta en mi pantalones"

From Blue Streak? (Translation: "The Cat is in my pants.", or innuendo translation: "I have a huge dick.")

I have a very basic understanding of Spanish... Given a little time, and maybe a dictionary, I can translate most written Spanish. Spoken I'm quite rusty in, but combine the little I do understand with body language, (which I seem to be fluent in) and I can get the message...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

From Blue Streak? (Translation: "The Cat is in my pants.", or innuendo translation: "I have a huge dick.")

Which every you prefer. :P

In the end, it's really just something I use as a conversation stopper.

And woot, topic diversion: SUCCESSFUL!

Retired Forum Moderator

Which every you prefer. :P

In the end, it's really just something I use as a conversation stopper.

And woot, topic diversion: SUCCESSFUL!

Yay! Offtopicness is awesomely offtopic...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I guess that Freeman has certain proficiency in German, seeing how he spent some time in Inssbruck, Austria. You might also throw in Spanish, since it is one of the most common languages in US, apart from English.

Dunno about the rest, I guess its just Ross making it more entertaining.

The spanish is very easy to translate since I learned spanish as simple as this back in Middle School

Actually NO. Spanish is very difficult for native english speakers (and your translation is wrong :P). In the institute where I learn English there are also spanish classes for anglophone foreigners and they keep making mistakes with the subjunctive present or past (and more basic stuff but that's just an example) because that tense is a real pain in the ass and us native speakers just have it built in :P.

I want some drugs. Where are they? I have money = Quiero unas drogas/un poco de drogas/drogas. Donde estan? Tengo dinero.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

In addition to working with international collegues, he probably learned some of the languages so he'd always have a fallback country if he ever had to leave America.