The First Annual Presidential Election! Nominations

Oh come on... Nobody nominated me?!?

Ok, I'll nominating Doom Shepherd...

*Yawns*

Wait... WHAT?!??! :shock:

Oh, Great Maker...

FINE. :twisted:

Someone remind me what I'm supposed to do next. :?

You can make a Party, which consists of a Mission Statement, Motto, and Name.

It's becoming a motif that Party Leaders make a speech, but it's not necessary.

You might also do yourself a favor by reading the rules all through.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

How many people are gonna be aloud in the running?

So far we got J.C, Blue, Epsilon, and Doom Sheppard.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

Epsilon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

I do protest against J.C. as president, though... he is a Brony supporter! If he becomes president...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQkaD6fG8mk

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I'm hereby nominating alphabetagamma. We need some ponies up in this joint.

:mrgreen:

I'm hereby nominating alphabetagamma. We need some ponies up in this joint.

:mrgreen:

Oh I missed that post, my bad. crap..

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I do protest against J.C. as president, though... he is a Brony supporter! If he becomes president...

I've been called a lot of names in my life

- "The Aleister Crowley of his era, but more insidious." (Guardians of Youth, media-watch group)

- "A man of great courage, principle and humanity." (The Archbishop Of York)

- "A cheap, flashy little crook." (my father)

- "Dangerous to know" and "A thoroughgoing bastard." (Ted 'Gold' Digger, unconvicted acolyte of the Manson Family)

- "A good mate of mine." (John 'Pearly' Grey, Eastend autocrat of crime; reputedly the only man feared by the notorious Kray Twins)

but never, until now, a brownie supporter :mrgreen:

P.S. Rep points to the first one who identifies the reference.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Epsilon was nominated, but politely rejected the offer, and therefore is not a Candidate.

Alphabetagamma has been nominated, but is not a Candidate yet because he has yet to make a party. This is also true of Doom Shepard.

If the cutoff were to be today, J.C. and myself would be the only Candidates in the running because we're the only ones with Parties.

There is no maximum number of Parties allowed in the running, but only eight can be voted for in the final Election.

P.S. Rep points to the first one who identifies the reference.

Hellblazer? At first I didn't get it and then, "John Constantine? ... oh... duh"

Alphabetagamma has been nominated, but is not a Candidate yet because he has yet to make a party.

The concept of alphabetagamma as president is suddenly interesting... I imagine him as a mad dictator who indoctrinates all non-Bronies.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Alphabetagamma has been nominated, but is not a Candidate yet because he has yet to make a party.

The concept of alphabetagamma as president is suddenly interesting... I imagine him as a mad dictator who indoctrinates all non-Bronies.

Something like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwp60eYuie0?

Ugh. Why didn't I expect that?

This would be a good theme song for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg2MZ75oakM

Take your time with that Party thing, Alphabetagamma and Doom Shepard. But keep in mind your deadline is the 27th of this month.

Also, the sooner you have it up, the sooner you can go about making your party popular, fabulous and something people want to vote for, plus whatever else you want to make it.

Vote for Blue.

My Party will be known as the Sons of Norton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton

NOTE: Our party is currently in need of Junior members, to be assigned the titles of Executive Major Scalawag, Vice Minions, and Glorified Henchmen. Apply within. Safety not guaranteed. All your base are belong to us.

Our mascot is Pete, the Peeved Puma.

1286633064x33iMx.jpg

Our Motto: "Nex Bardibus." (from the Latin, "Death to the Stupid People.")

Mission statement:

Whereas, we propose to give our Presidency all the attention, gravity, and seriousness that it merits, upon our election:

1. We intend to declare the immediate prohoibition of all Pony pictures larger than 200x200 pixels.

2. We propose to form a Committee dedicated to the promotion of the creation of global holidays on the birthdays of Gordon Freeman (as soon as one can be determined) and Ross Scott.

3. We propose the declaration of BACON to be the official food of the forum.

4. We propose to require that all statements made regarding individual opinions on politics, religion, philosophy or sexuality be followed by the declaration "It's likely I have no idea what I'm talking about :lol: ."

5. + Rep for everyone! (who can demonstrate that they voted for me. Unless they want -Rep instead.)

6. There IS NO 6.

7. Other proposals to be added on an as-needed or as-I-think-they're-fun basis.

8. I am a ninja!

9. We propose that all FUTURE elections have a mandatory "None of the Above" option, where if that option recieves a majority of the votes, all parties must replace their candidates with other more palatable choices. This should happen in the "real" world, too.

10. Something, something, Dark Side... something, something, complete.

Official Speech:

"Friends, Accursed Farmers, and You People, lend me your cerebral cortexes. I need them for proccessing power. When, in the course of Human or Combine events, it becomes necessary for a people to elect themselves a leader, tradition has always dictated that the common people come together and choose the best possible candidate for the position... or at least the least objectionable.

I'm here to ask you not to do that. I want you to vote for me instead.

I know what you've heard; the rumors that I'm "evil," that I'm corrupt and bribable, and that my party intends to enslave you and your children, and put you to work creating legions of War Mecha with which I will eventually conquer the world.

These rumors are LIES. Children make lousy slaves.

You've read our party's positions, you've been creeped out by my avatar and threatened by our mascot, and you've now been reading this speech long enough for the encoded subliminal message within to work its subtle way into your subconscious. So you know what you have to do.

And, quite frankly, if you've ever voted for anyone before... you've probably already done worse.

Vote Sons of Norton. Vote Doom Shepherd.

Or ELSE."

This ad paid for by the Committee to Elect Doom Shepherd. Filmed live before a studio audience. Offer valid while supplies last. Your Mileage May Vary. Does not constitute a binding contract. Void where prohibited. Operators are standing by. Shut up and make me a sandwich.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

NOTE: Our party is currently in need of Junior members, to be assigned the titles of Executive Major Scalawag, Vice Minions, and Glorified Henchmen. Apply within. Safety not guaranteed. All your base are belong to us.

Am I within enough to apply?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Am I within enough to apply?

Didn't you nominate me? That would count. You could pick what office you'd prefer to hold. They're roughly equivalent to Chief of Staff, Department heads, and Activists, in that order.

(Or Witch-King of Angmar, other Nazgul, and Orcs.)

I don't have a VP, because would Sauron share power?

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I think I'm voting for either Doom Shepherd or Blue...

I think I'm voting for either Doom Shepherd or Blue...

But you know you're voting for me :)

My party is almost ready. I know you're all excited :D

I'm voting for alphabetagamma, just for teh lulz. :mrgreen:

jk

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

I want in as well o_o