The Biggest Year For Gaming.

Which game are you going to buy first? (If they Came out at the same time)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which game are you going to buy first? (If they Came out at the same time)

• MW3
    • Halo 4
    • Halo anniversary
    • BF3
    • Deus ex human revolution
    • Skyrim
    • Uncharted 3
    • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    • Serious Sam 3
    • Not on list (Reply and tell me)

The only game on the poll I would even buy is Skyrim. You're leaving out a lot of great games, and are also showing some platform bias (including two halo games but not uncharted 3 for example), which makes it pretty useless as a poll. The only opinion you'll get are those that match your own.

The only game on the poll I would even buy is Skyrim. You're leaving out a lot of great games, and are also showing some platform bias (including two halo games but not uncharted 3 for example), which makes it pretty useless as a poll. The only opinion you'll get are those that match your own.

BF3? No? :cry:

It doesn't appear to have any real flavor. It feels like it was designed to be just another bland modern shooter. Generally when I play a shooter, it has character. Like half life 2, or uncharted 2. They emphasize character, story, and style over simple realism. If I wanted to be walking around in the desert, occasionally shooting at middle eastern militia, then I'd join the army.

It doesn't appear to have any real flavor. It feels like it was designed to be just another bland modern shooter. Generally when I play a shooter, it has character. Like half life 2, or uncharted 2. They emphasize character, story, and style over simple realism. If I wanted to be walking around in the desert, occasionally shooting at middle eastern militia, then I'd join the army.

I like it because it mixes realism and fun better then most games. It's not CoD bland but you make a good point.

I like it because it mixes realism and fun better then most games. It's not CoD bland but you make a good point.

We'll see how the gameplay turns out when it's released, but to be honest, there are very few games I play entirely for gameplay. That list would include maybe Metal Gear Solid and... well, that's about it. The gameplay in MGS4, for example, has so much depth and strategy involved that the entire game can stand on that alone (though I'm not knocking the story in mgs, it's just not what I play for).

I do not mean to be biased like that but I never was a fan of uncharted series (But I will add it.) I own a ps3 and a wii.

If you have any games you know you would like for me to add just reply.

@Hakumen

Do you have a PS3? I remember a guy with the exact same username as you.

Also, Skyrim all the way.

@Axeldeath

No. Unfortunately I don't have one. Username is just a name of the BlazBlue game character. It isn't original, so you can probably see a lot of such usernames on the Internet.

You know you reset the results when you change the poll :|

I realised that, but I cant update the poll anymore. LOL my bad.

I find it interesting that every game on your poll is a sequel.

Actually DX:HR is a prequel, not a sequel... :ugeek:

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Human Revolution looks pretty interesting and fun, I might get that.

I'm not too optimistic about MW3, I think it's probably going to be as bland if not blander than MW2.

I haven't played any Elder Scroll's games, but Skyrim caught my eye, I'll give it that.

Oh god, don't even get me started about Halo 4/anniversary. Every Xbox fan boy at my school is going to brag to me about how they are so 1337 and tell me about every achievement they got. It's going to be a nightmare compared to last year.

I'm looking forward more to next year's games, like Metal Gear Solid: Rising and Bioshock: Infinite.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Quite seriously... this is the biggest year of gaming????

It would go into my bottom 3 worst years that I lived through as a game enthusiast for gaming......

Deus EX and BF 3 I can understand but those aren't really breakthroughs but continuations of good games with an older engine and probably very similar gameplay, and to call a year great you must have at least one breakthrough....

Arg... I feel frustrated.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Quite seriously... this is the biggest year of gaming????

It would go into my bottom 3 worst years that I lived through as a game enthusiast for gaming......

Deus EX and BF 3 I can understand but those aren't really breakthroughs but continuations of good games with an older engine and probably very similar gameplay, and to call a year great you must have at least one breakthrough....

Arg... I feel frustrated.

Indeed I can feel your frustration and I understand that this is not BIG. But It really goes down as opinion as your favorite year of gaming. I Have Never liked 2008-2010 because the lack of great game's that I know and love. But I would like to hear yours it would give me insight for me.

I also do not consider console releases on that year to be counted.

This is more the year of sequels than anything else. But 2011 is proving to be a golden year for my taste in games. My list of purchasables is getting quite long: DNF, FEAR 3, Deus Ex 3, Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, Portal 2, already bought & played Dead Space 2, Serious Sam 3...

I am glad to see MW3 having 0 votes. Shows that the accursed farmers have good taste.

I put my vote down on Deus Ex: Human Revolution, as I have that game pre-ordered.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I put my vote down on Deus Ex: Human Revolution, as I have that game pre-ordered.

With one of the preorder packages or not? If it is one of the preorder packages, which?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The Fuck? Guild Wars 2 all the way!

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.