Halo Reach Review :)

Sign in to follow this  

I know what you are thinking. "Why is there a happy face in the subject"

Ok, Guess again. "Oh, your attempt to be funny actually is pretty lame"

NO! "Why are you reviewing halo reach, its be 5 months since its release"

FU**ING BINGO!

So let me elaborate, I have been a huge fan of the halo frachise since 2003.

So I've always wanted to review a halo game, so this is the most recent so im reviewing it.

Story:

You are a spartan who is put in a team called "Noble Team". You are there to fill the spot of a deceased spartan who was codenamed noble six, so you take his place.

You are on a planet called reach, it is similar to earth, but it has different inhabitants.

You are on there to defend the planet since it is the last frontier for earth.

Gameplay:

Playing through the game was fun, but it was sort of closed in. Why would I say that, well bungie said that it would make halo reach more like halo 1 and make it much more open. But it feels alittle closed in but it is pretty good in size.... just not like halo 1

Multiplayer:

Since halo 1 bungie made some kick-ass multiplayer maps, and since halo 2 they defined XBL. But in halo reach it felt different, It didnt feel fun, I have no clue why but compared to halo 3 it felt weird. But the splitscreen is fun, and getting to play splitscreen online is awesome (As usual)

Overall:

It is fun but it does not capture the beauty of halo 1 and does not capture the FUN of halo 3. It was nice to see another spartan but he never talked to much.... come to think of it they no one really talked that much, they should have added more dialouge.

The graphics are nice, the multiplayer is ok, the single player is nice.

I will give it

4/5

I would give it 4.5 of 5 but that would give it to much.

The game should have kept the halo 3 multiplayer formula.

Got an opinion, reply!

Just as long as you are not a ASS-HOLE then we are cool

Also please excuse my lame humor, just felt like doing that.

I would definitely not give Halo: Reach anything over a 3/5. The whole game seems too simplistic for me (No bullet drop or travel time?) and an almost complete lack of non-graphic/weapon updates have really worn down the series for me. Overall too simple with unrealistic pacing makes the whole Halo series mind numbing for me. (I'm not saying Halo players are stupid! Don't take it the wrong way!) I'll admit Halo can be fun, but it lost my interest after a few days.

My Review

Campaign: Overall, it was just "MEH". The campaign was obviously built for die-hard fans and not newcomers. People like me who bought the game as their first halo game often had no idea wtf was going on. It was the most part bland story wise except for a few emotional scenes. After playing reach, I purchased the other halo games (very cheap these days), and Reach's campaign doesn't flow nearly as well as halo 3. It has a nice soundtrack, but, again, not as good as Halo 3's.

6/10

Multiplayer: A very enjoyable experience, once you get used to it. Good variety of weapons to choose from, nice selection of vehicles on the larger maps. Many, many different gametypes ranging from free-for-all deathmatches to team-objective based games to big team battles. Playing multiplayer earns you credits which can be spend on new peices of armor for your character, although they only are there for vanity purposes. Your first days will be stressful, everyone already knows where all the good weapons are, and you can expect to take a few one shot kills. My favorite aspect of the multiplayer is the Assasinations, if you sneak up behind the target and hold the melee button, your character will enter a cool animation of usually stabbing the enemy player with his combat knife. Its highly satisfying but can be interrupted.

8.5/10

Other features:

Forge: A way to build your own maps, you can go into existing maps or the large "Forge world" map and create new structues, item spawns, vehicles, anything you desire. The best community maps are occasionally put into the games map list. Its a fun feature but I haven't gotten too much into it.

Theater: Here you can view replays of all your matches. The cool feature is these replays store the entire match, as in, you can pause at will and see what was happening on the other side of the map then your player character was on. You can also take screenshots and record small clips from these matches and post them to Bungie's website, which is a nice feature.

Overall: 7.5/10

Meh campaign with enjoyable multiplayer, all in all, I'd say it was worth the 40$ I spent on it.

But is it good enough that it should warrant me buying it, even though I've never bought a Halo game before?

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I still enjoy Reach to this day. I just got off playing it. It's the only game that after I lose 100-32 (I believe was the final score), I can continue playing without being frustrated. When playing multiplayer, I keep a "no retreat, no surrender" policy; therefore, I don't care how many times I die trying to take down someone sniping, someone in a vehicle, or capturing a territory. I will continually try. I also do not quit games with exception to a few (I believe I have only quit three or so games intentionally on Reach).

So have they ported it to PC yet, or do I still not care about it?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I would definitely not give Halo: Reach anything over a 3/5. The whole game seems too simplistic for me (No bullet drop or travel time?) and an almost complete lack of non-graphic/weapon updates have really worn down the series for me. Overall too simple with unrealistic pacing makes the whole Halo series mind numbing for me. (I'm not saying Halo players are stupid! Don't take it the wrong way!) I'll admit Halo can be fun, but it lost my interest after a few days.

Just spit balling here, what if reaches gravity is different from earths? But that begs the question how much pull would change the velocity and all that I will not go into detail due to the fact IDK. It has went a downhill in A WAY. The guns are really like you said nothing special and it seems that you are not putting any real strategy to the fighting in singleplayer. But for me my goal was to get all the achievements which added alot of challenge and frustration that the game lacked in the first place. My point is without achievements alot of games would be Bland, but with it makes the game some what harder and feels rewarding to go in a party and say you got ALL the achievements in a game. So halo reach relied on The achievements to much so they completely through out the challenge that the game was originaly was. Legendary was Nerfed but it possesed that I WANT TO PUNCH THIS GAME that I know to love.