Should we Legalise Marijuana  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Should we Legalise Marijuana

• Yes
    • No
    • Just Marijuana
    • Other (Explain in a post)

Sign in to follow this  

Just offering my input. Let's see what alpha has to say. :)

(Uh oh, now I have to try to look like I know what the hell I'm talking about :-? )

Marijuana I don't know much about, but I know it can be used for medicine, if it approves of that it reallly shouldn't be banned, oh and it smells good.

It can be used for a wide range of medicinal purposes, but may also increase a persons chances of developing schizophrenia, and it does not smell good.

Now to the point....how are you supposing we should classify which "slightly" different harmful things should be banned and which not

It would be hard to draw a line between the okay substances and the more harmful ones. The lack of long term studies make it hard to determine what's truly unhealthy but short term ones can be quite... disturbing. In my opinion currently banned drugs are unilaterally bad. Cigarettes are bad enough, I think the only reason they're legal today is because so many people are still addicted to them. I hope in the future cigarettes are treated the same as marijuana.

I suppose you are going to be the one who is going to tell me what I should drink and what I'm not

Considering that you live in the Ukraine, I don't I have that much influence. Not that I have any here anyways :lol: . At any rate, I think some people do need to be told what they can and cannot eat/drink/burn and inhale smoke from/inject into themselves/etc. for the same reasons people have to be told what they can and cannot do to other people eg. Shoot, stab, bludgeon, etc.. (Health care's expensive yo!)

All of you must stop arguing the health effects. That is clearly not why it is outlawed. The crime involved with those drugs is much more violent than you understand. They are outlawed now and remain outlawed because they are the source of income to drug lords who are running rampant throughout countries like Mexico. As said before, the Netherlands does not equal Mexico.

Population of Mexico: 111 million

Population of the Netherlands: 16.5 million

That's kind of a silly argument and it's completely backwards.

If they were legalized, then the drug lords would lose their source of income because we'd make it here. The drug lords exist BECAUSE of the law against them here.

I'd say, legalize it.

People, who don't want to smoke weed or take drugs, wouldn't do it anyway. So, they don't give a fuck about legalizing. People who are interested in the idea of having dose in morning will take them anyway. So, they don't give a fuck about legalizing either. The only thing about it, probably, crackheads wouldn't need a drug dealer because they could buy it from a local pharmacy. Same thing goes with cigarettes and alcohol. After legalizing, black market, drug dealers or whoever sell this shit will lose money. So, it wouldn't change quality of life or society a lot. And it wouldn't change my life at all. Plus, the government will gain another way to control and manipulate people. Everyones happy. So, yeah, why not?

Marijuana is the least harmful drug in existence. Ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and asprin are more dangerous, even when taken at far reduced doses from what is recommended.

The only legitimate reasons I can find for it's illegality are it's odor, the parent's dislike of the effects it has on their child's grades, and the fact that drug dealers sell it.

Look at any anti-depression drug out there, look at any of it's side effects... Now look at marijuana... It's side effects are: "In extremely rare circumstances, some people may be at a slightly increased risk of schizophrenia. Possibly habit forming, though only because feeling good is always addictive. No additional effects for children under the age of 12."

Which drug would you rather take?

Also, it's a widely held misconception that you have to smoke marijuana to get the effect. It's just as effective when used in food or drink. No smell involved.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Marijuana is the least harmful drug in existence. Ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and asprin are more dangerous, even when taken at far reduced doses from what is recommended.

The only legitimate reasons I can find for it's illegality are it's odor, the parent's dislike of the effects it has on their child's grades, and the fact that drug dealers sell it.

Have you watched Super High Me. He took an aptitude test and every subject he was smarter in on pott english which was worse.

Hi Friend.

I would prefer cannabis to be legal instead of alcohol, the later is far worse imho.

But I doubt marijuana, cannabis, pot, grass, whatever you like to call it will ever

be fully legalized by any of the current governments.

Sadly the reputation of hemp went from 'the most versatile plant to date' to 'that

funny drug there' just because some men with power invested in different resources

and needed the plant out of the way, what better way then to label it as evil drug...?

As far as I know, Marijuana in of itself is less harmful per average capita than smoking, and according to some, even alcohol. However the problem still exists that people introduced to weed at a young age may be led to experimentation with drugs, which can go sideways very strongly, very quickly, and sometimes very irreversibly. (I recall some sources referring to weed as a gateway drug, and pointing out heroin as the drug of greatest concern.)

However marijuana is most easily picked on by governments and companies because Cigarettes and Alcohol are extremely large industries. In fact I would postulate that those industries actually use marijuana as a scapegoat by relegating it to the same ranks as Ecstasy and Heroin in being 'Drugs' in order to distract from the negative effects of their respective goods.

I looked at a few statistics, and according to a generalization made from most of them, about 40,000 people died in the US in 2009 related to Drugs, 28,000 died related to Alcohol, and 450,000 from smoking-related ailments.

I seriously doubt Marijuana was the majority consist of that 40,000.

Now imagine a society in which the legal situation for Cigarettes and Joints have been flipped.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

@Blue

In regards to the current generation, i'm from [middle-upper class] area. It is extremely easy to gain access to alcohol, smokes, pot, speed, you name it. You'd think that there would be less dealers with how easy it is to find them.

I am in favor of addicting the common people. It makes it much easier for non-addicts like me and the other Political and Corporate Overlords to control and manipulate them.

High people don't march for stuff. They don't act up. They don't pay attention to what we're doing to them. They're laughably easy to manipulate.

So yes, legalize it, legalize it all. So that I may finally have the Nation full of Anna Nicole Smiths I've always wanted.

Smoke, Shoot, Snort, Consume, OBEY.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I am in favor of addicting the common people. It makes it much easier for non-addicts like me and the other Political and Corporate Overlords to control and manipulate them.

High people don't march for stuff. They don't act up. They don't pay attention to what we're doing to them. They're laughably easy to manipulate.

So yes, legalize it, legalize it all. So that I may finally have the Nation full of Anna Nicole Smiths I've always wanted.

:|, Karl Marx,Sigmund Freud, Albert Einstein were addicts and they all cared.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Yes, but only about their individual fields of study... When did they protest anything in action, instead of just words?

[citation needed.] I can find no evidence of any claim that Einstein was ever addicted to anything.

Marx was a mooch who turned his unsustainable lifestyle into an unsustainable economic theory.

The less said about Freud the better.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

[citation needed.] I can find no evidence of any claim that Einstein was ever addicted to anything.

Marx was a mooch who turned his unsustainable lifestyle into an unsustainable economic theory.

The less said about Freud the better.

I know Freud was pretty interesting :D, I know all of it...

Marx maybe, but Engels... rose to the position of manager in the capitalist system then in disgust threw it all away.

Einstein smoked almost every time he anounced something.

Doomshepherd, it may be hard to believe but I think there is more famous scientists who were addicted to something rather then those who weren't..

Just name ten on top of your head and you will see.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Just name ten on top of your head and you will see.

Roger Bacon

Nikola Tesla

Sorry, but that's all that the top of my head has available to it... If you let me get down a little further I might be able to list more...

[EDIT] Roger, not Robert...

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Who the hell is Robert Bacon????

On Tesla:

"With the passing decades, Tesla shifted away from a meat diet. He substituted fish, always boiled, and finally eliminated the meat entirely. He later almost entirely eliminated the fish and lived on a vegetarian diet. Milk was his main standby, and toward the end of his life it was the principal item of diet, served warm. As a youth he drank a great deal of coffee, and, while he gradually became aware that he suffered unfavorable influences from it, he found it a difficult habit to break. When he finally made the decision to drink no more of it, he adhered to his good intentions but was forced to recognize the fact that the desire for it remained. He combated this by ordering with each meal a pot of his favorite coffee, and having a cup of it poured so that he would get the aroma. It required ten years for the aroma of the coffee to transform itself into a nuisance so that he felt secure in no longer having it served. Tea and cocoa he also considered injurious. He was a heavy smoker in his youth, mostly of cigars. A sister who seemed fatally ill, when he was in his early twenties, said she would try to get better if he would give up smoking. He did so immediately. His sister recovered, and he never smoked again."

Liberty, February 1937 by Nikola Tesla as told to George Sylvester Viereck

"MORE people die or grow sick from polluted water than from coffee, tea, tobacco, and other stimulants. I myself eschew all stimulants. I also practically abstain from meat. I am convinced that within a century coffee, tea, and tobacco will be no longer in vogue. Alcohol, however, will still be used. It is not a stimulant but a veritable elixir of life. The abolition of stimulants will not come about forcibly. It will simply be no longer fashionable to poison the system with harmful ingredients. Bernarr Macfadden has shown how it is possible to provide palatable food based upon natural products such as milk, honey, and wheat. I believe that the food which is served today in his penny restaurants will be the basis of epicurean meals in the smartest banquet halls of the twenty-first century. There will be enough wheat and wheat products to feed the entire world, including the teeming millions of China and India, now chronically on the verge of starvation. The earth is bountiful, and where her bounty fails, nitrogen drawn from the air will refertilize her womb. I developed a process for this purpose in 1900."

I always liked Tesla...

I there should be someway to obtain Marijuana legally but I don't want it to be as easy as getting cigarettes.

But not other drugs, HELL NO that's a terrible idea.

I always liked Tesla...

...but you didn't demonstrate that he was addicted to anything. Your quotes support the idea that he drank on occasion, but not that he was addicted to alcohol or anything else.

Still awaiting some kind of verification for that Einstein story.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.