41 members have voted

1. 1. Should we Legalise Marijuana

• Yes
    • No
    • Just Marijuana
    • Other (Explain in a post)

Sign in to follow this  

I always liked Tesla...

...but you didn't demonstrate that he was addicted to anything. Your quotes support the idea that he drank on occasion, but not that he was addicted to alcohol or anything else.

Still awaiting some kind of verification for that Einstein story.

Ok, wait, did you read the first quote....

Einstein:

Almost every clip lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc2XnvSN2HY

Now to the part of being addicted to drugs, why do you have to be addicted to them if they are allowed, I'm supporting them being allowed not necesserilly people getting addicted to them...

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Caffeine and tobacco? THAT'S your support???

I'm sorry, but I'm now going to have to mock you mercilessly for the next year or so.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I'm sorry, but I'm now going to have to mock you mercilessly for the next year or so.

So that's your problem, you ignore the fact that those are drugs too....

What was the point of all of this anyway, I'm supporting marijuana, you?

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

You're addicted to oxygen. Not all "drugs" are the same.

What was the point of all of this anyway, I'm supporting marijuana, you?

STTNG_Farpoint_rapid_progress.jpg

I'm for rapid progress. Of course, in Star Trek terms, that would be, to paraphrase Q...

The Late 21st Century, when governments learned to control their citizenry with drugs.

Hey, as long as I'm on the side of the controllers, what happens to the drug-users ain't my problem. Legalize it all... tax it, regulate it, put it in the hands of the bureaucrats... just be forewarned about what we're going to do with it once you do.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

You're addicted to oxygen. Not all "drugs" are the same.

Oxygen is not a drug. Drugs are that which, when absorbed into the body, alters normal bodily function. Oxygen is a requirement for normal bodily function. Caffeine and tobacco are not.

Caffeine and tobacco are psychoactive drugs. Psychoactives run the gamut from analgesics and anesthetics to antidepressants and even to hallucinogenics.

Some drugs are more addictive than others. Some drugs cause actual physical impairment when trying to quit using them. Some drugs affect the body in very negative ways (such as, y'know, death?).

Not all drugs are good. Not all drugs are bad. If you have a headache, taking a drug such as acetaminophen actually helps.

I think there is unused potential in marijuana as a prescription drug. It's not physically addictive either and in small doses it can help people with severe angst deal with daily tasks such as going to the store without having panic attacks.

On the other hand, we already have legal medicines that generally do all these things better than marijuana does.

I think there is unused potential in marijuana as a prescription drug. It's not physically addictive either and in small doses it can help people with severe angst deal with daily tasks such as going to the store without having panic attacks.

On the other hand, we already have legal medicines that generally do all these things better than marijuana does.

No, actually we don't. They all have serious permanent long-term medical issues associated with them, and they're highly addictive. Frequently they are far more powerful than they need to be...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

No, actually we don't. They all have serious permanent long-term medical issues associated with them, and they're highly addictive. Frequently they are far more powerful than they need to be...

Morphine for instance.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Morphine for instance.

"Major fracture detected. Automatic medical systems engaged. Morphine administered."

My wife's antinausea meds and antianxiety meds are neither addictive nor dangerous. Maybe you just need a better doctor.

My wife's antinausea meds and antianxiety meds are neither addictive nor dangerous. Maybe you just need a better doctor.

What are the drug names? I bet you'll find something not on the label online about them...

What are the drug names? I bet you'll find something not on the label online about them...

Possibly, but then again I completely trust neither online sources nor the drug approval proccess.

For instance... Did you know that a drug canot get approval from the FDA unless they can determine how much of it will kill you? I learned this while my brother was in pre-med. If someone came up with a drug that you could take in endless amounts, and it would never kill you, it could not be approved.

Anyway, Phenergan and Ativan.

Possibly, but then again I completely trust neither online sources nor the drug approval proccess.

For instance... Did you know that a drug canot get approval from the FDA unless they can determine how much of it will kill you? I learned this while my brother was in pre-med. If someone came up with a drug that you could take in endless amounts, and it would never kill you, it could not be approved.

Hence why they haven't approved marijuana...

Anyway, Phenergan and Ativan.

Phenergan: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000637/

Ativan: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000560/

First links on Google for both... Both have harmful side effects.

Marijuana doesn't have any harmful side effects.

Of course we should legalize drugs (all drugs).

The only violence that comes from drugs is the direct result of it being illegal. The government has no role in regulating what goes in and out of a person's body. If someone takes drugs, they're hurting no one but themselves.

Some will say that if drugs are legal people will be more violent, so drugs should be banned. Using the same logic; in the event of a car crash, it's the car's fault that there was a crash and not the irresponsible person driving it.

If someone takes drugs, they're hurting no one but themselves.

But there are some drugs that do nothing but make a person violent... Those should not be legalized.

I don't know Bullseye...drugs affect different people in different ways. If someone has an aggressive personality, a drug will probably bring them out; it wasn't the drug's fault.

In either case, people who are violent should be blamed--not drugs.

Cocaine makes even the calmest of people become violent. I've seen it personally. Opium does it once they go into withdrawal. (as do most physically addictive drugs)

If someone takes drugs, they're hurting no one but themselves.

But there are some drugs that do nothing but make a person violent... Those should not be legalized.

I can agree with that, it's just too dangerous. Not to say they are not going to be used, but it doesn't matter, when a person takes those kinds of drugs they are extremely vulnurable to harming society and themselves. On these extreme levels it's just wrong.

But, I can't understand why a normal person would ever try such things as cocaine, only a person with deep troubles or a poor terribly stupid fool does.

Drugs like cocaine make me sick, and the drug users even more, because a lot of them take it because they think the facts about cocaine is government propaganda, since some drugs that are illegal aren't that harmful. (Which is aother reason to legalize marijuana)

Hell, anything can make anyone violent.

There are many legitimate (from a moral sense, I mean) reasons why someone would want to do drugs. Sigmund Freud prescribed cocaine to some of his patients.

Some people get violent when they do drugs granted. A lot of people also get violent when their hockey team loses. *cough*Vancouver*cough*. Should we ban hockey as well?

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.