41 members have voted

1. 1. Should we Legalise Marijuana

• Yes
    • No
    • Just Marijuana
    • Other (Explain in a post)

Sign in to follow this  

Hell, anything can make anyone violent.

There are many legitimate (from a moral sense, I mean) reasons why someone would want to do drugs. Sigmund Freud prescribed cocaine to some of his patients.

Some people get violent when they do drugs granted. A lot of people also get violent when their hockey team loses. *cough*Vancouver*cough*. Should we ban hockey as well?

I don't really want to ban cocaine, but I'm afraid it will be misused so badly....

Imagine you are in a depressive or drunk state in a bar and some seller uses a moment and sticks a needle of cocaine in you, the next thing you know you are addicted to it and you need more cocaine.

I just don't see how cocaine can be controlled if it's going to be legal, because there would be too much of it... People will make much more plants of cocaine because it gives excellent profit.

On the other hand maybe people will understand that cocaine wasn't government propaganda once it's legal. It's just a very hard subject really. If it is legal, at least make a 20 year age restriction.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Someone sticks a needle of cocaine in you? That's assault. How is making cocaine illegal going to stop that? Besides, think about it: you said cocaine is very valuable. Why then would people waste it by giving it to other people i.e. taking a loss? I don't think you can inject cocaine either, but not important.

So what if people start making lots of plants? If it's legal, at least growers will owe a duty of care to their customers e.g. someone can bring a legal claim against them if they mix the cocaine with flower and claim it is pure.

An age restriction would be a good way to start, but I also don't think it's the government's job to be parents.

Marihuana is illegal because of the silly use we give it (ussually smoking it) because it's a terrific drug for medical purposes, for what I've heard from respected biologists it does no harm to your body if you use it correctly, the only bad thing about smoking it it's the combustion process and you breathing it, not the components of the plant itself...

I think drugs should be legal, but as someone said before, they should not be as easy to get as cigarretes...

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

for what I've heard from respected biologists it does no harm to your body if you use it correctly, the only bad thing about smoking it it's the combustion process and you breathing it, not the components of the plant itself...

There is a relationship between marijuana and schizophrenia. http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2005559,00.html

I think drugs should be legal, but as someone said before, they should not be as easy to get as cigarretes...

All drugs, or just marijuana?

for what I've heard from respected biologists it does no harm to your body if you use it correctly, the only bad thing about smoking it it's the combustion process and you breathing it, not the components of the plant itself...

There is a relationship between marijuana and schizophrenia.

Yes, but you should compare that result to tobacco, and to eating the marijuana instead of smoking it. Result is skewed otherwise.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

There is a relationship between marijuana and schizophrenia.

Yes, but you should compare that result to tobacco, and to eating the marijuana instead of smoking it. Result is skewed otherwise.

How about avoiding both tobacco and marijuana? That seems like a good idea.

There is no relationship between marijuana and schizophrenia, when people are laidback and think about random stuff they have higher chances of getting schizophrenia, and guess what??

That's exactly what marijuana users usually are like.

Never trust these reports as soon as they say: Marijuana users are twice more likely to end up with schizophrenia therefore marijuana is the cause.

It's a stupid observation, just like an observation of let's say:

White are 10 times more likely to finish university in Ukraine, therefore white people are smarter....

(While in reality it's because of the small amount of black people, them being mostly immigrants, and them not knowing Ukrainian or Russian that well plus other reasons...)

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

There is no relationship between marijuana and schizophrenia, when people are laidback and think about random stuff they have higher chances of getting schizophrenia, and guess what??

That's exactly what marijuana users usually are like.

Can you support that statement? I can support mine.

http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/51/4/273

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/abstract/135/10/1213

I don't really care, but if everyone starts to turn into marijuana abusing zombies, I totally call dibs on robbing the nearest GameStop. I can just stuff things in a big duffle bag, nobodys gonna notice.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I don't really care, but if everyone starts to turn into marijuana abusing zombies, I totally call dibs on robbing the nearest GameStop. I can just stuff things in a big duffle bag, nobodys gonna notice.

Yup... If you're willing to stuff 2 of each game, I'll keep watch, distract onlookers, and carry one of the bags as we leave...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Well, as a dutchie I have heard enough about our half-assed legalisation (it's not actually legal, you just don't get punished... or something like that) of drugs, and how it actually was a good move, reducing the number of drug-related incidents and increasing the tax incomes of the government :) our economy is based on 'Nederwiet' (Dutch weed/marihuana). I did not, however, know that Portugal did so well with drugs, and I have to say that it's a rather convincing argument. It makes me wonder why this isn't the international standard (I mean, it's been proven to work in multiple countries). Probably because it goes against common sense (without these numbers I would probably have thought that it was better not to legalize any drug), but if it works, why don't we just do it? Are politicians really only concerned with their image and not with how the country can best be ruled? (Stupid question, I know, we're all democracies after all...)

Marijuana's probably better for you than cigarettes or alcohol. I'm not saying it's good for you, but I don't see why it should be illegal.

"Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, EVERYONE DIES!" - Gordon Freeman

None of them should be legal in the first place.

Haters gonna hate....

Let the potheads have it. They'll wipe themselves from the gene pool in a few years. (I hope. I really, REALLY hope.)

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

It's pointless to have this debate... The opposing side never knows what they're talking about, and they just list all of the pieces of misinformation that they've been blindly led to believe throughout their childhoods.

You're never going to convince an ignorant non-user that they don't know anything about drugs, because if they were rationally-minded enough to be capable of understanding that then they wouldn't be trying to argue about something that they have no experience of and know absolutely nothing about.

It's like someone who's never even seen water, trying to tell you the best way to swim. There's just no point arguing with anyone dumb enough to try and express opinions that they don't even have. Their heads are just full of trash that someone else put in there, and they'll never consider you to be more credible than the mommy or the tv character or the "scientist" who inserted it.

My Little Pointy: Friendship Is Stabbing - http://i.imgur.com/Qz1bx.jpg

It's like someone who's never even seen water, trying to tell you the best way to swim.

Baah, all you need to do is have a fair understanding of the principles behind buoyancy. Not to mention the fact that the "best" way to swim is going to depend upon a whole mess of variables.

This, however, is true.

The opposing side never knows what they're talking about, and they just list all of the pieces of misinformation that they've been blindly led to believe throughout their childhoods.
Just not the way you think it is.

But keep it up. I have stock in Big Tobacco. Exploitation FTW!

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.