Things that you hate to see in games.

I really wouldn't know, it's been a long time since I played, never compared the loading times of both games.

As I said, I don't remember the loading time being annoying, but rather refreshing after all the madness.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Oh. And I also have a problem with mosts games that where your character has the inability to jump.

+rep.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Oh. And I also have a problem with mosts games that where your character has the inability to jump.

+rep.

CALL OF DUTY just rang loudly in my head.

Also, Undying is getting good. If you ignore the loading times it's an immensely solid game with a incredible story.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Well, that didn't stop Doom and Wolfenstein 3D from being great games, now did it?

Notice the 'most' in there... And those rectified that lack when it became a useful game mechanic.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Movement systems such as that of onimusha 2. it's doable, but it's annoying.

Still, love that game. <3

Retired Forum Moderator

my biggest complaint about System Shock 2, those stupid bees. Games should never have bees, that is such a recipe for annoyance.

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Well, that didn't stop Doom and Wolfenstein 3D from being great games, now did it?

Some games can do this very well. Especially first person games.

But I just prefer games where I break my whatever button it is I use to jump. It's happened before.

...But one more thing.

Super Mario Sunshine and Fludd <3

A recent pet peeve of mine: When your character sounds like he/she's having sex when they jump. It's gets really irritating after awhile of OHH, UHN, OHH, UNH!

A recent pet peeve of mine: When your character sounds like he/she's having sex when they jump. It's gets really irritating after awhile of OHH, UHN, OHH, UNH!

Sounds like you've been playing too much Borderlands.

Regenerating health. Not needing to be careful makes me a bored gamer.

In general, I'd agree I've had more fun with a "health meter" style, but if a game is strict and difficult enough with regenerating health, it certainly makes you more careful.

In Uncharted 2, on the hardest difficulty, it becomes an extremely hectic strategic problem to remain alive during a firefight. Three or four shots will kill you, so you need to be very careful with when you move from cover, and your attack plan in general has to be very careful if you want to beat any of the later firefights. It's not as *realistic* as a health meter, but it can be just as fun, in a different way.

Since I've been playing some DOOM 3 lately, I reiterate what I posted somewhere else: I HATE the damned flashlight/weapon switch system. I just HATE it.

Why is the concept of having a small flashlight integrated to every weapon so ludicrous? Why are you making me shoot wildly into the dark, wasting ammo and time?

Because there technology is FAR too advanced to include such a primitive contraption that is the flashlight.

Retired Forum Moderator

What about muzzle flashes? I shoot like a madman and everything remains as dark as usual... So frustrating.

in a multiplayer game where falling to your death makes you lose a kill.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU UNREAL TOURNAMENT.

In multiplayer games, I absolutely hate when the game emphasizes kills over objectives. I don't give a shit if it was designed that way, it's just boring.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

One thing I dislike in BioShock. The game has a great atmosphere and Rapture is an amazing place, but the game nags you to go on the linear path which is insulting to the design, to me.