Things that you hate to see in games.

Real time cutscenes, and those damned long ass speeches made by characters that I dont give a F$%& about

...like in Final Fantasy

And Metal Gear Solid?

I basically dislike unskipable cutscenes in general. I wanna play a game, not watch a Machinima, no matter how much work was put into it.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I don't mind cutscenes, if not to frequent they give me a little pause from the action(if there is any) and some time to breathe while(hopefully) continuing the story.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cutscenes and quicktime events. Just ruins the "game" for me.

I also hate it when a game is like a railway shooter.

And when games are too short. It. Sucks.

Or when you pay 80 dollars for the Collectors edition of a game that only took a day to beat, and you only get a couple challenge maps, a character skin (two if you count pre order but you could`ve gotten it with the normal version) and a flash drive that only takes 2 gb!!!

But yeah.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Games that flood you with hundreds of enemies in an attempt to keep the game interesting. If it was a good game, you wouldn't have to do that.

Retired Forum Moderator

Unfunny 4th wall jokes. Breaking the immersion just to tell a shitty joke is very annoying, looking at you Matt Hazard >:|

Gmes series with very little to no innovation between games, especially ones with yearly release schedules charging full price every year, looking at you Bobby kotick Money Sucking Beam.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Whenever a game paints someone to be the Big Bad, but then kills them off and replaces them with something (supposedly) worse out of nowhere. The Doctor Who Cloned Me DLC for DNF was bad about this, but at least the replacement was most definitely the larger threat.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

I like it when games are comprised majorly of cutscenes. I find them fun to watch. I like it even more when a game smoothly combines cutscenes and gameplay (and no, I don't mean quicktime events).

Oh yeah, things I don't like.

Being given no direction at all? I like to be lightly funneled towards my objective. I don't like to have no idea what to do. And don't think I dislike games like Skyrim. In those games, the idea is that you can acquire quests that are all pretty linear. What I don't like is when there's one option to progress the game, yet the game gives you know clues as to what that is.

when a game goes from being silly and fun to a clusterfuck of retarded bullshite, like TF2. it was fun for me before all that laser gun shite showed up, then it became too retarded.

i also hate when the community massively complains about a bug that will be eventually solved in a matter of weeks. when BG2 2.1 update released, hundreds complained about it, they made the attempt to boycott it and massively ragequit the game, saying it was shite. now the question is, the update was in public beta for over 6 months before the release... why in the fuck didn't you complain earlier?!

last but not least, i hate to see trolling without purpose. for instance, a random guy joining a server and micspamming/namechanging the shite out of the game. it ends up ruining the experience for all of us. now, granted, if it's a clan/server that deserves it, and the trolling has a publicly known objective, im not as opposed.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

it was fun for me before all that laser gun shite showed up, then it became too retarded.

You thought it was less stupid before that?

LOL

Oh yeah, one other thing.

I hate it when there's a filter on the screen when your health is low, and that filter obscures the action so much that it makes it hard to play. The last thing I need when I'm about to die is the screen going blurry and shaky. Just bad game design.

Oh yeah, one other thing.

I hate it when there's a filter on the screen when your health is low, and that filter obscures the action so much that it makes it hard to play. The last thing I need when I'm about to die is the screen going blurry and shaky. Just bad game design.

A fucking men.

"Life sucks sober!"

When there a sequel just for the sake of having a sequel.

It's like what GLaDOS does with your one room full of air...

Here's an interesting fact: you're not playing a new game. It's too expensive to make a game from scratch. We just take the first game, freshen it up a little, and put it back on the shelf. So you'll be playing the same game for the rest of your life. I thought that was interesting.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

When there a sequel just for the sake of having a sequel.

It's like what GLaDOS does with your one room full of air...

Here's an interesting fact: you're not playing a new game. It's too expensive to make a game from scratch. We just take the first game, freshen it up a little, and put it back on the shelf. So you'll be playing the same game for the rest of your life. I thought that was interesting.

I was doing some research on game publishers for an upcoming test. Do you know what company would release the same game year after year and continue to make billions of dollars in revenue? No one. No one but Activision is that pointlessly cruel.

This going through my head as I play Bioshock 2.

Well then, I guess we can't be friends anymore.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This going through my head as I play Bioshock 2.

Well then, I guess we can't be friends anymore.

I fail to see how adding shitty, tacked on multiplayer and a blatantly political story with zero depth when compared to the original's compelling story that caused me to read through Ayn Rand's work is any improvement on the original Bioshock story. Bioshock 2 just tries to hard but fails to compare to the original, similar to how Bioshock tries but fails to live up to System Shock 2's greatness.