Things that you hate to see in games.

Games that take great weapon/item balancing and trash it because 3 people said they didn't like losing to someone better than them.

I hate that. I generally find most games to be the most balanced upon initial release, especially with class based games like TF2. I also don't like nerfs as a solution to balance issues. sometimes they're needed but no matter what someone is going to see their favorite item/character/weapon/whatever become worthless and ruin the fun they were having.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Games that take great weapon/item balancing and trash it because 3 people said they didn't like losing to someone better than them.

I hate that. I generally find most games to be the most balanced upon initial release, especially with class based games like TF2. I also don't like nerfs as a solution to balance issues. sometimes they're needed but no matter what someone is going to see their favorite item/character/weapon/whatever become worthless and ruin the fun they were having.

World of warcraft anyone? They've been doing this for years.

Retired Forum Moderator

If the game is a sequel, I hate to see or read things that contradicts the continuity of the two games

This also, here we have Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time. It has few basic rules that are completely ignored in the rest of the Sands series. They all deal with the Sand Creatures. One, they're unpredictable, as in they can show up at anytime (though in reality they're in prepicked locations but later on you fight a wave, and then more show up), they can teleport, and there's only a few ways that you can kill 'em: you incapacitate, then stab them with the dagger of time, thus absorbing the sands to get, well more sands. You can also stab them with the dagger so they go in a floating sand like statue, then you slice them in half. You can also trick them into falling to their deaths. Also, if you have a strong enough sword, then you can slice them in half this ripping them asunder, as long as it's in once slice. Now when you get the dagger back in The Two Thrones, there's now teleporting, and the dagger acts like a regular weapon because IT'S THE PRIMARY WEAPON AND NOT THE SECONDARY ONE! GAH! Oh and don't get me started on The Forgotten Sands, having little to no connection to any of the games.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

If I'm playing an RPG, I hate to see people who play them as if they were FPS games. You know, optimization, doing whatever they want for the best items, killing everyone who gets in their way/they can. Those kinds of things that completely miss the spirit of RPGs.

If I'm playing an RPG, I hate to see people who play them as if they were FPS games. You know, optimization, doing whatever they want for the best items, killing everyone who gets in their way/they can. Those kinds of things that completely miss the spirit of RPGs.

Reminds me of the "hardcore" players on the 'Normal' servers in WoW... So much asshole, not enough toilet paper...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

People who play FPS's and think they're "H4RDC0R3!!!111!!!!!!2!!!11!" and have nothing better to do than scream it into their headsets. I already listen to loud music, no need to add to my hearing damage.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

Seriously, No one else hates loading screens? :arrow::|

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

Reminds me of the "hardcore" players on the 'Normal' servers in WoW... So much asshole, not enough toilet paper...

well, I'm more talking about single player games. I can understand that sort of attitude in a competitive game.

Loading screens are almost a part of the gaming experience for me.

But with my current computer my older games, like Jazz Jackrabbit 2, load so fast that I can just barely make out a loading screen. I have to read the savegame info to see the level name.

Loading screens are almost a part of the gaming experience for me.

But with my current computer my older games, like Jazz Jackrabbit 2, load so fast that I can just barely make out a loading screen. I have to read the savegame info to see the level name.

I love how Jazz 2 still looks awesome because it doesn't use any blocky 3d graphics.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I hate it that you get a long loading screen after you die, even if it's loading the exact same place you just were. How does that make sense?! Did the computer just forget?!

I hate it that you get a long loading screen after you die, even if it's loading the exact same place you just were. How does that make sense?! Did the computer just forget?!

to avoid breaking the game, all data is purged and reloaded. trust me, I know from tinkering with BASIC that shit goes seriously wrong if you don't reset all values before each reload.

Retired Forum Moderator

I don't hate loading screens, but it is a pleasant suprise when they aren't there. I think Portal 2 would've been better without loading screens, even if I would have missed out on all the Apeture logos through the ages.

Can't say I hate loading screens, some of them can be very entertaining, or even helpful at times...

I hate seeing 12-15 year olds in multiplayer games that whine about hacks whenever someone beats them... (they seem to grow out of it by age 16 for the most part)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Hats.

Why are hats such a problem?

it's a TF2 thing

or maybe he really hates hats

either of those two