TF2 Suggestion: Accursed Farms Server

Sign in to follow this  

Since quite a few people in our community play Team Fortress 2, and that it is free to play now, I think we should have someone host an Accursed Farms server.

It would be an excellent idea, for most people it would be to socialize while fragging, but in my case, I want to see how skilled everyone else here is.

What do you all think about an Accursed Farms server? The only problem would be finding someone willing to host it.

HUGE THANKS TO FIGUNAYE FOR PROVIDING THE IDEA ON THE TEAM FORTRESS 2 THREAD! EVERYONE +REP HER, PLEASE.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

A Server would be awesome. However they can be expensive to maintain, unless you have already bought the infrastructure to actually provide the service as well as the fee for the domain.

It would probably total in the order of about $30 a month or something like that, so it's not all that much, but still not free.

Since I'm unemployed right now, I'm not going to volunteer for that, but I will say that I am most definitely in favor of the motion.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

It would be pretty cool to have a AF server, and considering that TF2 is free now everybody could play. The only problem would be who would host the server... and considering the geographic diversity of this forum lag could be a problem for some people.

I'm a girl...

WHY IS THIS FORUM SO CONFUSING?!?

I'm a girl...

Oh. Sorry. Fixed.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

It would be pretty cool to have a AF server, and considering that TF2 is free now everybody could play. The only problem would be who would host the server... and considering the geographic diversity of this forum lag could be a problem for some people.
I'm a girl...

Epsilon wrote:

EVERYONE +REP HIM, PLEASE.

:lol:

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I'm a girl...

Epsilon wrote:

EVERYONE +REP HIM, PLEASE.

:lol:

EES FEEXED.

Alright, so... does anybody else has any idea how to make a server? And what kind of server should it be? CTF? DM? On which map?

I would like to chose koth_harvest, it kinda looks like an "accursed farm"

koth_harvest0001.jpg

What do you think?

And what kind of server should it be? CTF? DM? On which map?

Why not a mixed server?

I would like to chose koth_harvest, it kinda looks like an "accursed farm"

:lol: It does

2Fort is a pretty good "general" map, but we all know how 2Fort works..

I think the server should have a rotation, if possible.

So... how are we going to find someone willing to host the server?

Ugh, it'd be so awesome if Ross Scott could host the server, but I doubt he'd have the time or resources (resources as in having TF2 installed right at this moment).

Ugh, it'd be so awesome if Ross Scott could host the server, but I doubt he'd have the time or resources (resources as in having TF2 installed right at this moment).

We could beg and plead...

I wonder what he'd say if we emailed him about it... if he just so happens to fortunately ever play TF2, we may be in luck.

I wonder what he'd say if we emailed him about it... if he just so happens to fortunately ever play TF2, we may be in luck.

Err... He wrote he doesn't like cartoon-stylised games. I doubt he would like to play it anyway. Oh, Although You can ask him

What kind of games does Ross play (besides HL) anyway? He doesn't like Rock Band or Guitar Hero (which is understandable) and he doesn't like cartoon games. He doesn't seem like the kind of person who would enjoy CoD, either (can blame him even less).

I would like to mention that I have only just now downloaded it. I honestly do not own any Valve games, well, until now.

EDIT: I forgot, I did get Portal.