TF2 Suggestion: Accursed Farms Server

Sign in to follow this  

My ping was

That would be because a fair few of the people on the server had pings of around 200 like myself, probably due to not being based in a nearby area.

Lag doesn't come from the server, or your internet.

That's nonsense, the distance (and I 'think' the number of exchange hops) make a big difference! :(

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Lag doesn't come from the server, or your internet.

That's nonsense, the distance (and I 'think' the number of exchange hops) make a big difference! :(

That's ping, lag is from the individual client PCs only. Lag is a framerate drop for unexplained reasons.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Anyway, I'm glad we finally have this server.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

That's ping, lag is from the individual client PCs only. Lag is a framerate drop for unexplained reasons.

The term lag can be applied to both internet and FPS (although in online gaming it appears to be more commonly used in reference to internet performance in-game). Also pings are not representative of lag from one player to another, only to the server itself. If you're home hosting your ping will be low, but if everyone has a ping of 200, you'll see them as laggy players.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

As I understand it, players with high ping have slower internet connections in general, and will make everyone's game run slower and choppier. A game with 9 people with low ping and one person with high ping will be brought down just the same, because of the server compensating for the long response time with the high ping player.

I haven't noticed any relation to the location of the server. I get a ping of ~40 on pretty much every server I've ever been on.

I haven't noticed any relation to the location of the server. I get a ping of ~40 on pretty much every server I've ever been on.

Because almost every server is on the northern hemisphere :P. Or you have some kick ass connection and no other PC you have to share your connection with. :(

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"