FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 37

Sign in to follow this  

When I play older games in 640x480 (windowed) it looks hilariously tiny on my 1920x1080 21.5" LCD.

I have to say, this made me laugh out loud several times. Certainly the best episode in a while. Keep it up, Ross!

good episode all around, my only issue being how "subdued" his reaction to remembering what had happened was. I was expecting a big HOLY SHIT I'VE BEEN KILLING ALIENS AND THE MILITARY IS FUCKING RETARDED moment, but I guess he doesn't remember the military just quite yet. I love level design criticism bits.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

good episode all around, my only issue being how "subdued" his reaction to remembering what had happened was. I was expecting a big HOLY SHIT I'VE BEEN KILLING ALIENS AND THE MILITARY IS FUCKING RETARDED moment, but I guess he doesn't remember the military just quite yet. I love level design criticism bits.

Well if you noticed, his "memory" is still somewhat screwed up, note being the part about the scientists dressing up and lighting torches, and chanting rituals on the intercom. I kinda think he doesn't yet know what he's talking about.

Retired Forum Moderator

It's not entirely accurate, but it essentially describes "The Green Apocalypse" AKA Resonance Cascade for all practical purposes....except the interdimensional rift part.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

It's not entirely accurate, but it essentially describes "The Green Apocalypse" AKA Resonance Cascade for all practical purposes....except the interdimensional rift part.

this is true. I guess I wasn't really thinking about that in reference to the aliens being scientists in suits.

Retired Forum Moderator

Can't believe I just registered to another forum, but well, here I go (sorry if it's off context, have to read the thread tomorrow):

I love Freemans Mind. Civil Protection is nice because of the 3rd person perspective (and thereby more action-driven, which adds a completely new layer to the stories) but I love FM! This and the previous 2 episodes show that even when the game is slow, Ross has the necessary kind of consistency to run with Gordons well established character in every situation.

I can't even start about this episode. How does he come up with stuff like "I'm 80% sure this is not how Cheetos are made" and the constant babbling under water, which I caught myself doing in the swimming pool the other day, just for fun...

Anyway, Ross: Last episode you mentioned that you countered the Machinima darkening of the vids by making them lighter when you submitted them. I think you should start doing that again. Also: Don't apologize if you don't get an episode out every week. The best non-profit web-arts I know took their time. Look at AlienLovesPredator - that was when I had just got out of school and it's still funny (methinks). Take all the time you need - push yourself, but don't make unneccessary haste (not that we, the fanbase, are in a position to demand anything). And when you are done with FM (and CP of course) you should start putting these two in a resume and start writing a sitcom somewhere (winkwink).

ross its just great :D

you know what would be awsome? if the guys at valve would call him to help them make a half life movie

(surely they'll make one... they have to D: )

This was a great episode, the last few weren't terrible, but there is only so much you can do with wandering around opening doors and what not, but this one was funnier and more exciting. I especially loved when he remembered how the aliens got there, though he hasn't mentioned the military at all, so I don't think he has remembered everything. Go ahead and slow down the pace Ross, I'll be sad cause I enjoy them so much, but I can wait for one every month or so, and I guess CP does need a little progress.

When I play older games in 640x480 (windowed) it looks hilariously tiny on my 1920x1080 21.5" LCD.

When I play darker games it looks hilariously green on my 1920x1080 21.5" LCD... Until you realise it shouldn't display all dark colours with a greenish tint. Tried calibrating it etc., no use, except when I turn up brightness I don't get darker colours and therefore no green shadows. But then black isn't really black anymore...

Don't suppose you know anything about it? It's just you said 21.5", and my Dell ST2210 is 21.5", which seems like a weird number and caused me to complain about it again. Hang on, that's slightly random... Think I should find some Dell forums instead to complain about it? *virtually walks away*

Demons summoned by cultist scientists? Please, please, please let this be a joke.

Well isn't it obvious?

I honestly am not sure, I really am not sure whether or not he is joking, and that is what worries me.

Laughs from the home-group here sir. First out loud was the surprise when he fell into the pit, and last the great surprise "bats" during end credits! Luv 'em man! You have three original fans at my house who always get excited and watch your episodes on the 120" projection screen! Your writing beats 90% of all network TV... (yeah, I know that's a low bar, but still...)

I think this episode IMO was worse in humour content then previous ones but I still enjoyed it!

This may well be due to the shortening of waiting time, so as a fan I say, take as much time as you need for FM Episodes! Quality is always better then quantity. Of course overusing time would be bad but you don't need to do this on a weekly basis, Thanks!

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Great episode! As others have said, the aprés-credits scene with the bat shocked me a little :D

I was kinda hoping though that he would go up to a door, find it was locked, and shout "I AM CAPTAIN FREEMAN OF THE INTERGALACTIC HOUSE OF-....Oh shit! I've said this all before!" then scream for like 10 seconds as the memories came flooding back, but oh well. It probably wouldn't have worked as well as I imagine ; )