FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 37

Sign in to follow this  

I like how he is lamenting at something serious right before he plunges into the water.

"Wait, why doesn't this room have any doors? Did I actually come in here the right way?"

*turns around*

"OH MY GOD I'M GONNA DI-"

*splash*

This is definitely one of the funniest moments in the entire series thus far.

I want the download...my collection is incomplete!

I know how you feel!

I was kinda hoping though that he would go up to a door, find it was locked, and shout "I AM CAPTAIN FREEMAN OF THE INTERGALACTIC HOUSE OF-....Oh shit! I've said this all before!" then scream for like 10 seconds as the memories came flooding back, but oh well. It probably wouldn't have worked as well as I imagine ; )

Actually, I thought that was kind of interesting. It's always a shame when I hear a nice idea for how something might happen later on, because it means it's one more idea Ross probably won't use, either for respecting the original poster or for not having read the post in the first place. I don't like to think about it though. It obviously wouldn't be Ross's own character and writing if he took everyone's comments and integrated them. His own way is what I love about the series.

Hey Ross. Do those crushers really work that way normally in HL:Source? 'Cause I know in the original (HL1), they only shut down for about 5 or 6 seconds, and if you mess up the timing you have to wait for the switch to reset.

Yeah, there are a few things like these I've noticed too, but they all behave differently depending on difficulty, I believe. Otherwise I think they're all identical, you should re-check Half-Life 1 to make sure your memory is right.

Not to start any rumours here but has anyone ever seen Ross and Machinima in the same room at the same time?

Not to start any rumours here but has anyone ever seen Ross and Machinima in the same room at the same time?

Machinima isn't a person.

I meant Machinima as one collective whole. It is run by people is it not? But that little joke of mine flew way over your heads anyway so never mind.

If that's not what he was doing, I'm completely lost.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

I meant Machinima as one collective whole. It is run by people is it not? But that little joke of mine flew way over your heads anyway so never mind.

They just don't get it do they... :(

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

What I was implying is obvious. Ross took ages to put up a link to this episode. What organization is notorious around these parts for being a slowpoke?

BTG getting it is less surprising than the rest not getting it.

Now I have the episode on my hard drive. Case closed.

What I was implying is obvious. Ross took ages to put up a link to this episode. What organization is notorious around these parts for being a slowpoke?

Oh... I geddit... *laughs 2 days too late*... you're implying that machinima and Ross had a meeting in a room, but they were both slow and arrived late!

(Facepalming can cause serious and permanent brain damage. I should know...)

Oh... I geddit... *laughs 2 days too late*... you're implying that machinima and Ross had a meeting in a room, but they were both slow and arrived late!

no... no that's not what he's implying...

Machinima is infamous for being late. Ross is late with the upload. the quote "never seen in the same room together."

It doesn't get more obvious than this what he's implying.

Retired Forum Moderator

What is he saying underwater from around 2:56 to 3:03?

Dunno. A portion of it sounded like "Round, round... (or "wait, wait... [or "one, two...]) I don't care!"

But it could be anything, really. There ought to be subtitles!

no... no that's not what he's implying...

Machinima is infamous for being late. Ross is late with the upload. the quote "never seen in the same room together."

It doesn't get more obvious than this what he's implying.

That's what I thought about MY comment, too, but I guess sarcasm is always easily missed on the internet (no offense). I always think people are being sarcastic when they're just really dumb, or that they're being serious when they're not... Oh, the interwebz...

Man I got spoiled, I keep checking to see if there's a new episode up... :(

I'd really like the description for how each episode is made and where the biggest timesinks are. The other minds were done pretty quickly, though the writing in them was more or less complete shit, so maybe it's the script that eats up all his time... I mean, it's not like it seems like there's that much to do, his work flowchart is more or less [Walk Through Level] -> [say Witty Things] :D

I registered just to say: Best episode, period. Not even 'I love it' or 'new favourite'. THE non-subjective best. :) Everything involving the 'meat dumping room' had me in fits. Amazing effort with pretty lame source material. Leper flesh dandruff. Wonderful. :lol: Thank you for improving my day.