NEW EPISODE: MORNING PATROL

Your videos are by far the most interesting ones on machinima. It might seem pointless for you to make these videos, since you don't get anything from them. Still please make more, because your work is splendid! (CP is good but I prefer FM) no offense they are both great series!

great work !! the donot shop and the music ... just awesome ... best episode ever !!

greetings from germany !!

Waited so long for this. You really out did yourself this time Ross. I only wish it was longer.

im not sure if anyone has said this yet but you are a god in the machinima world. damn CP and FM are hilarious!!!

I was thinking, maybe you should crank out a lot of Freeman's Mind so that the two series could intertwine (Mike and Dave trying to find Freeman). Just a thought.

great work on the animation! long work=great output, so it's okay it took a long time. just a couple things:

-Did you copy donut the idea from the last part of FM Ep. 12("Do you know who ate all the donuts?"-Weird Scientist 1)?

-Something "weird" in the video quality, either an unusual frame rate, or you did a REALLY super job on smoothing animation.

-Are you adding any more main characters (a pet, another guard, alien...)?

Wow, if this is what you call a normal episode then I can't wait for an action based episode. This is quite possibly the best one yet, everything flows so well and the dialogue is some of the most humorous so far in the series. The new animations are really worth the time invested in them, they really bring the whole thing to life.

Even though you may get lots of requests to only focus on Freemans Mind I really think that Civil Protection has inspired many machinima makers, including myself, to really start using the power of the source engine for high quality films. Don't get me wrong I still think that Freemans Mind is an Excellent piece of entertainment but it doesn't exactly push the boundaries for machinima, Civil Protection really shows what's possible in Source and I hope that you continue to awe us with it.

I also have a few questions about the episode:

- How many NPCs were in the donut shop scene?

- Are you using a modified version of the engine to get the Houndeye NPC into the game or is it an existing NPC with a new model?

- When the Houndeye attacks did the shock wave effect come from a particle emitter in the map or is it coded into the NPC's attack?

YES! FINALLY! THANK YOU ROSS! UGH! Why am I so late in replying?

This episode is quite incredible! I love all the detail that you and your fellow developers of this video have put into it. Its first day out and already 34,515 views, thats not counting how many just downloaded them or watched on machinima.com! It seems you have gather quite the following Ross!

I got the joke reference with the Houndeye. In Half-Life, The hound eyes were originally supposed to be a friendly NPC that helps the player, but through play testing Valve found out that people would shoot the dog first and ask questions later.

Not a fan of CP but that was good. Now waiting for FM...

YAY! Finally, a new episode!

Man, I'm sure that Dave loves dangerous aliens! XD

I really liked the donut shop scene. It made me LOL.

Keep it up, Ross!

Haha great work man. I loved the use of the Hound-Eye as an allusion to the Freeman's Mind series. Those bastards... bahaha.

Anyway, I look forward to more quality works from you in the future!

Cheers,

Kon

P.S. A surreal Civil Protection episode, oooo I'm all giddy just thinking about it.

Dude your shows are hilarious, I love the new Cp, and how did you manage to take the screamer and boost up the graphics? he wasnt in the HL2 I played

Is that you, Ross? Why are you Anonymous?

And mate, that was awesome! I really agree those animations are so superb and improved that they were more than worth the wait, and I hope the hard time invested as well. (Good job, Javid!) Really brilliant and spectacular job well done. Animation, modeling, level design, acting, particle effects, writing (which was fine) all of it for this episode was stunning.

And jeez, you can really see those reflective eyes close up in this quality. Really fun to watch.

yay cp one week freemans mind the next great episode