Fave Quotes Thread

Sign in to follow this  

"If you're too idealistic, you're considered naive. If you're too realistic, you're considered evil."

-Me at attempting to sound intelligent

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

"I can put a f***ing lead ball in your face 500 yards away with my Short Land Pattern Brown Bess Flintlock Musket."

-Pte.Koach

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

In response to Activision CEO Bobby Kotick.

"If you went to our press conference, you saw PS3 footage and Xbox 360 footage. If Bobby thinks that is PC footage, he's in real trouble."

- John Riccitiello

Hi Friend.

A pessimist is a man who looks both ways when he crosses the street.

Laurence J. Peter

I have been judged to be a pessimist but what abyss of ignorance and low egoism is not hidden in one who thinks that Man is the god of himself and that his future can only be triumphant?

Eugenio Montale

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion or in politics, but it is not the path to knowledge and there is no place for it in the endeavor of science.

- Carl Sagan

"I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."

- A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

"You proceed from a false assumption: I have no ego to bruise."

- Spock, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This one i like a lot to:

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Serious Sam " just once I'd like to wake up in the morning and not have to fight off an alien invasion"

And when he gets to heaven,

To saint Peter he will tell;

One more soldier reporting, sir.

I've served my time in Hell!

"War. War never changes."

You'll be jarated and headshoted if you don't know this one.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

"War. War never changes."

I don't know that one.

20110128203738!Trollface.png

"I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace; that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God, I have had this Congress! For ten years, King George and his Parliament have gulled, cullied, and diddled these colonies with their illegal taxes! Stamp Acts, Townshend Acts, Sugar Acts, Tea Acts! And when we dared stand up like men, they have stopped our trade, seized our ships, blockaded our ports, burned our towns, and spilled our BLOOD! And still, this Congress refuses to grant ANY of my proposals on independence, even so much as the courtesty of open debate! Good God, what in hell are you waiting for?"

Retired Forum Moderator