Fave Quotes Thread

Sign in to follow this  

"War. War never changes."

You'll be jarated and headshoted if you don't know this one.

"War. War never changes. Did it? .... The war has changed. Has it? Ofcourse not! Unless it did." - Duty calls :P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here's one. Continue it if you get the reference:

"You remind me of the babe."

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

The one from Labyrinth?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

"Now the chorus comes in, but no one knows why except Mozart and he's dead."

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

LxoE2az9mJM

Gotta do it before RD ninjas me. Ima just ignore BTG though.

I'll Fight You for the Library

By Taylor Mali

For Dr. Joseph DeAngelo, [Mali's] Fifth and Sixth grade English Teacher, PhD, Eighth degree Black Belt Sensei (Huuwa)

I'll fight you for the library, a Poem in four letters.

1. To Clarissa Leaner, Librarian

Dear Clarissa: I understand that the research periods I reserved in the library next week have been canceled. Just out of curiosity, who and/or what is more important than my classes' research needs?

2. To Nancy Devlin, Secretary to the Principal, and Dr. Richard Blackstone, Dean of Instruction

Dear Nancy: The Librarian informs me that Dr. Blackstone has "reserved the library for a facilities utilization meeting" of the administration next week, and that all classes scheduled to meet in the library on that day, have been canceled.

This is unconscionable.

Academic instruction takes precedence over administrative meetings. Period.

That Doctor Richard Blackstone, The Dean of Instruction would even consider cancelling a single class in order to hold a meeting called "Facilities Utilization" IS SO OBTUSE, I AM INCAPABLE OF APPRECIATING THE IRONY IN IT.

3. To Dr. Richard Blackstone, Dean of Instruction

Dear Dick: With all due respect, I do not think you actually do understand my "frustration". Or else you would not have used that word because you see, I am not in fact frustrated. The correct word would be OUTRAGED!!

I will not reschedule any of my classes library periods for any administrative meeting, especially one that purports to be discussing the effective use of the school's facilities!

I do not care if the Library is the only place in the school big enough to accomodate your meeting; it is also the only place in the school WITH BOOKS. Lastly I would be the first to apologize for editorializing through your secretary if I thought that the statement "Academic instruction takes precedence over administrative meetings" were matter of opinion, and not in fact, a matter of fact. And not one I thought I would have to explain to THE DEAN OF INSTRUCTION!

To conclude:

If any one of my classes are denied the use of the school's Library next week, then please alert Dr. Joyce Santiago, the District Superintendent to be ready to accept my resignation.

4. To Dr. Joyce Santiago, District Superintendent of Education

Dear Superintendent Santiago:

For 40 years I have served the interests of my students, providing them with encouragement, guidance, resources, respect and love they require to grow into productive, responsible, informed and well prepared members of the community. I do not take this responsibility lightly, I take it with all the nobility, grace and gravitas of the teaching profession. So on behalf of my students and their parents, I thank you for finding another place for Dr. Blackstone to hold his meeting.

680-true-story-guy.png

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.