mind series help

Sign in to follow this  

yea i was planning to give myself a couple days after the first one, but i had a huge inspiration on the second episode that i just had to get done. heres the link to the second one by the way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0gbX-mYiHQ

edit: there was a volume balancing error on my part at 4:03, it was recorded slightly louder than the voice over file before that, and i didn't catch it until i watched it on youtube.

That was actually better than the last one. I laughed a little bit when you tried to sneak up on that Barney. :lol:

Great job!

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Oops.

In fact, the skill.cfg are in the hl1/cfg folder.

yea thats one of the things i did first. but the mp5 still kills too slow, its damage value is 8 same as the pistol. so i think it should be able to kill faster.

yea i was planning to give myself a couple days after the first one, but i had a huge inspiration on the second episode that i just had to get done. heres the link to the second one by the way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0gbX-mYiHQ

edit: there was a volume balancing error on my part at 4:03, it was recorded slightly louder than the voice over file before that, and i didn't catch it until i watched it on youtube.

That was actually better than the last one. I laughed a little bit when you tried to sneak up on that Barney. :lol:

Great job!

yea the last one was basically me killing time while listening to a tram. in the second one the voice thing was some lucky fluke i knew i had to exploit. im still wondering what people think about what i did with the HUD.

so i was doing something non important when i had an epiphany, my voice sounded so boring and kinda unplayed out, so i dedicated an hour saying freeman's mind lines, just recording and listening to what inflections sounded funniest, i couldnt figure it out it always sounded, without. for the first two episodes i recorded laying in my bed, my body upright by the wall, then i tried it standing up with my microphone in a stand, and for some reason the quality of my lines just heightened instantly, they sounded more articulate, enthusiastic, and natural. so i felt like i should share that with you guys

short version, i think the quality of my voice acting is going to improve.

edit: alyxx had an excellent point with maintaining quality, so i finished filming with the third one, but im gonna dedicate a pretty ridiculous amount of time on the lines, probably record a line at a time, then splice it together rather than record a whole episode in one take....