Breaking News

Sign in to follow this  

http://www.gamespot.com/news/biden-no-legal-problem-with-taxing-violent-games-6408294

Foolishly foolish foolishness only a foolish fool could foolishly dream up in his foolishly foolish head.

How the fuck is this news with all the shit in the world today?

Well, one; it's only a couple days old, two; I haven't found anything particularly shitty enough to note on this forum recently (Although I'm sure several incredibly shitty things are going, I just haven't bothered to find them because I don't actively seek out bad news) three; I really don't think this qualifies for it's own thread in Gaming in General and four; while Joe Biden shouldn't be relevant to gamers in the slightest, this is a forum dominantly frequented by them and using that line of logic, it makes sense to submit articles around the topic.

But you're free to one-up me if you want.

Well, whatever. I just don't consider this very important.

That's fine... I don't consider a lot of the stuff that fits in this thread important, but I'm not going to complain about it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

A tornado devastates Oklahoma City. Of course, the media blew it out of proportion again. "More powerful than the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings", that isn't possible! I can't believe they would even compare that! I hope that they are over exaggerating though (never thought I'd say that).

Quite possible:

Energy released by the Nagasaki bomb - 8.8E13 Joules

Energy released by a severe thunderstorm - 1E15 Joules (i.e. 11 times higher)

Source: Orders of magnitude (energy)

However, that depends on what the journos mean by "powerful". If they mean it in its proper physical sense, i.e. the rate of energy release over time, then they are wrong as in a nuclear explosion all of its energy is released in seconds, while in a storm it happens over minutes or hours.

Regards

Read an article today on Huffington Post about that soldier who got beheaded in Woolwich. I can't believe that something like that could happen in broad daylight, and nobody tried to stop it.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Read an article today on Huffington Post about that soldier who got beheaded in Woolwich. I can't believe that something like that could happen in broad daylight, and nobody tried to stop it.

Why is this discussed at all? Murders like this happen all the time.

Because it was a soldier. Soldiers don't get beheaded all the time, just regular people...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Because it was a soldier. Soldiers don't get beheaded all the time, just regular people...

Maybe in Mexico.

Guess I'm reviving this thread! Two people fired on workers inside a Navy Yard in Washington. One suspect is currently being searched for.

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.