Breaking News

Sign in to follow this  

A 54-year-old man ran into trouble while on his lawnmower.

Police arrested Michael Murden, and he was charged with driving under the influence.

Monroe police in Walton County said Murden drove the lawnmower with a trailer behind it on North Midland Avenue.

Police stopped Murden and said he told them he had been drinking.

He has a criminal background including six prison sentences -- one was for drug possession.

Why do I find the image of a drunk person on a lawnmower funny?

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

A 54-year-old man ran into trouble while on his lawnmower.

Police arrested Michael Murden, and he was charged with driving under the influence.

Monroe police in Walton County said Murden drove the lawnmower with a trailer behind it on North Midland Avenue.

Police stopped Murden and said he told them he had been drinking.

He has a criminal background including six prison sentences -- one was for drug possession.

Why do I find the image of a drunk person on a lawnmower funny?

Because it is... There are videos of similar all over youtube...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Rioting in London And unrest in the uk

16000 police deployed to maintain order In London

Here's some interesting clips featuring some rioters/looters. Despicable stuff.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9560000/9560646.stm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I find the current trend truly disturbing. The fact that average people can just decide go out and burn and destroy everything in a place like England (which I have always viewed as a mature and civilized society) shows a deep rooted anger and disregard for any kind of social conventions.

In one of the links Sinister posted, one young guy that was involved in the incidents, and was interviewed by BBC in Manchester, said this: "I'll keep doing this every day until I get caught," and "When I get home nothing is going to happen to me."

I mean, WHAT THE HELL? Whatever happened to knowing the difference between right and wrong, behaving in a civil manner, being a useful and respectful member of a community? I would NEVER be part of a mob that goes around rampaging, setting fire to cars and buildings and looting, because I know that's WRONG. But I guess that difference is not very clear to some... or maybe they just don' care. Some fundamental part, in the core of who they are, seems to be missing.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I believe that the ability to avoid mob violence is directly proportional to the ability to put a few rounds through the body of a rioter. But in the UK, they have an effectively neutralized populace, where the monopoly on violence now seems to be in the hands of the street toughs rather than the honest citizenry.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I find the current trend truly disturbing. The fact that average people can just decide go out and burn and destroy everything in a place like England (which I have always viewed as a mature and civilized society) shows a deep rooted anger and disregard for any kind of social conventions.

In one of the links Sinister posted, one young guy that was involved in the incidents, and was interviewed by BBC in Manchester, said this: "I'll keep doing this every day until I get caught," and "When I get home nothing is going to happen to me."

I mean, WHAT THE HELL? Whatever happened to knowing the difference between right and wrong, behaving in a civil manner, being a useful and respectful member of a community? I would NEVER be part of a mob that goes around rampaging, setting fire to cars and buildings and looting, because I know that's WRONG. But I guess that difference is not very clear to some... or maybe they just don' care. Some fundamental part, in the core of who they are, seems to be missing.

I think you misunderstand european culture. The elderly are the ones that are content and mannered. The youth in europe though, unlike many places, is very active and pushes away from their parents traditions, they have their own culture, for example remember the Acid House race movement? Techno Love Parade Movement in Germany? Recent Youth Reforms in Netherlands?. Whether it is art, politics, and in sad occasions thiefing and anarchy, it all demonstrates that the youth in Europe is active and has a voice and freedom. All this really shows, is that the country is liberal, secular, active. It can happen anywhere. Remember Canada over the vancouver loss in hockey? So in a way this is assurance that Britain is part of those countries. What this is, is the price of freedom and secularism, form your opinion yourselves.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I think you misunderstand european culture. The elderly are the ones that are content and mannered. The youth in europe though, unlike many places, is very active and pushes away from their parents traditions, they have their own culture, for example remember the Acid House race movement? Techno Love Parade Movement in Germany? Recent Youth Reforms in Netherlands?. Whether it is art, politics, and in sad occasions thiefing and anarchy, it all demonstrates that the youth in Europe is active and has a voice and freedom. All this really shows, is that the country is liberal, secular, active. It can happen anywhere. Remember Canada over the vancouver loss in hockey? So in a way this is assurance that Britain is part of those countries. What this is, is the price of freedom and secularism, form your opinion yourselves.

^This

Hi Friend.

What this is, is the price of freedom and secularism, form your opinion yourselves.

I really don't think chaos, disregard for lives and property and hordes of people rampaging through a city can be called the price of freedom and secularism. I believe "a truly disturbing sign of our times" is a better description.

The amount of pure rage and hate waiting to be unleashed is staggering. The future looks really bleak if this is to become the natural, expected reaction from people faced with economic problems, government issues or simply bad sport results.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

The amount of pure rage and hate waiting to be unleashed is staggering. The future looks really bleak if this is to become the natural, expected reaction from people faced with economic problems, government issues or simply bad sport results.

It has nothing to do with that.

I have come to the bottom of it and found out that almost all criminals there were ethnic foreigners in bad regions of the uk.

It seems to me they felt like they felt they weren't part of the uk and decided to form gangs, where they feel more related to each other. Since the Uks has more ethnic foreigners than other european nations it was only a matter of time when the gangs had the opportunity to do something like this.

I must say, these people aren't too stupid (as criminals) using an opportunity like a small peaceful riot for their usual thiefery and gang behaviour. Most could get away with it. It's like something you see in a movie.

If my sources are true then this is what's to blame...

Foreigner culture, immigration, regional seperatism, secularism, democracy, youth activism, soft police system.

Now, I'm not saying any of these are usually bad, but in this case they were all triggers.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I remember reading somewhere that the Norwegian shooter wrote some sort of "manifesto" where he said he wasn't really religious. I could be wrong about that.

MONTREAL - Canadiens prospect Brock Trotter awoke Wednesday morning to the shocking news that a plane carrying the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl Kontinental Hockey League team had crashed, killing 43 people. The plane crashed shortly after takeoff and was en route to Belarus for the team’s season opener against Dynamo Minsk.

“I woke up and I had these text messages from friends and family,” said Trotter, who played with Dinamo Riga in the KHL last season. “I played against a lot of those guys last season, and my memories were still fresh because that’s the team which beat us in the playoffs last season.”

The crash sent shock waves through the hockey world, which was already mourning the tragic loss of Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien and Wade Belak in the off-season.

Former Canadien Alex Kovalev, who returned to Russia this season to play for the KHL’s Atlant Mytischi team, reflected on the international nature of hockey when he told Sovietsky Sport: “I can’t talk. I had so many friends on that plane. (Igor) Korolev. (Alexander) Karpovtsev, who I won the Stanley Cup with (in 1994 with the New York Rangers).”

Kovalev was among the scores of players, teams and league officials who expressed their condolences through tweets and other social media.

The Lokomotiv team, which is based in the modern industrial city of Yaroslavl, featured players from 10 countries. Former NHL all-star Pavol Demitra of Slovakia was among those who died in the crash, along with former NHL defenceman Brad McCrimmon, who was in his first year as a head coach in the KHL. Other players who would be familiar to North American fans included Joseph Vasicek, Ruslan Salei, Karol Rachunek and Karlis Skrastins.

Russia’s record for air safety is one of the worst in the world, but Canadiens defenceman Andrei Markov – who said he was shocked when he learned of the crash – said it was too early to assign blame for the crash.

“We have to see what the details are,” Markov said.

Markov added the crash might make some players wary about playing in the KHL, but that it was too early to assess the impact.

“It’s a tragedy,” he said. “I know some of the players from playing with them and against them.

“It might be something players – especially from North America – think about, but I don’t think it should be a factor,” Trotter said.

Trotter added he didn’t have any bad flying experiences during his season in the KHL, but hastened to add he was playing in Latvia.

“Latvia is now part of the European Union, and Riga is a great city,” Trotter said. “The planes we flew in were all pretty modern. I had a great experience there. We had a great rink, and while the atmosphere wasn’t quite the Bell Centre, we sold out every game and the fans were great.”

There was at least one report that the Yak-42 plane that was carrying the Lokomotiv team was barred from travelling in European Union air space because of concerns over the plane’s safety. There are about 100 Yak-42 planes still in service in Russia and other former Soviet states, but president Dimitry Medvedev announced this year that Russia would phase out all Soviet-era aircraft by next year.

Ironically, Medvedev was scheduled to be in Yaroslavl this week for an international forum designed to showcase Yaroslavl as a modern, vibrant city.

“You don’t want to think about it because we’re flying almost every other day,” Detroit Red Wings defenceman Nicklas Lidstrom said. “That’s a lot of time up in the air. You try not to think about it, but accidents happen. It’s a tragedy for all of the hockey world. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families.”

Washington Capitals forward Andrew Gordon said via Twitter: “So hard hearing about the plane crash in Russia. Hockey teams travel so much it could have been any of us. Too many tragic stories this year.”

Said former NHLer Jeff O’Neil, a former teammate of McCrimmon’s with the Hartford Whalers, via Twitter: “Brad McCrimmon my very first NHL roommate. No one loved hockey more! Love you ‘Beast’ you taught me so much about respect.”

And from New York Rangers forward Brandon Prust via Twitter: “The hockey world mourns yet again. Please God, we can’t take much more. Thoughts and prayers in Russia and to all friends and family.”

There was no word on the immediate future of the Lokomotiv team, which finished third in the KHL last season. But Russian Ice Hockey Federation president Vladislav Tretiak said: “We will do our best to ensure that hockey in Yaroslavl does not die, and that it continues to live for the people that were on that plane.”

Most leagues have a provision for an emergency draft to cover such disasters.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Russian+plane+crash+puts+Canadiens+hockey+world+shock/5366814/story.html#ixzz1XNuKjdYZ

The Yak-42 Russian jetliner that crashed Wednesday, killing 43 people, was relatively new, it didn’t appear to be overloaded and the plane’s captain had nearly 7,000 hours of flying experience.

Poor-quality fuel is now emerging as a possible reason the crew’s attempt to take off was undermined. Investigators will look at factors such as human error and engine failure as they probe the cause of the crash that wiped out most of the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl hockey team, Deputy Transport Minister Valery Okulov told reporters Thursday

My comments are:

1. This plane should've been banned/dismantled 20 years ago.

2. Horrible capitalistic corruption from the top guys who are all after money instead of safety.

This reminds me of the story with my dads company, who worked for Antonov (Luxury and Cargo Plane) as one of the head engineers in the Soviet Union, he deserved as he was a straight 5er (A+) in University and got the highest diploma. Anyway he was working for a genius guy who invented the company and was actually interested in it, of course ladies and fame surrounded him but he didn't care about them much. Anyone who works for Antonov gets a free car after some months and free luxus apartment of course after 5 years of work and other privileges. Shortly after the Soviet Union breaks up and it's my dads last years at the company, guess what? Some idiot takes position as the head manager, doesn't care about airplanes at all, gets chicks in his office all the time and has tons of money by cutting the employees paychecks. Free Luxus apartment? Forget it.... now my dad is working as a programmer due to the horrible corruption of the company and bad salary.

They need to remove these retards and put the engineers back!!!

I heard about this shortly after he died... sad considering how fond I've grown of my iPod, even though I once swore to never give in to the Apple bandwagon. :oops:

So apparently, "hairy crazy ants" are plaguing parts of the South (Mississippi, Florida, Texas, and Louisiana) and Georgia's next. Does anyone know what these creatures do?

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Western leaders have condemned the jailing of former Ukraine Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko.

The US and EU said the trial was politically motivated and Russia's foreign ministry said the ruling had a "clear anti-Russian subtext".

Tymoshenko was jailed for seven years for acting beyond her powers in sealing a gas deal with Russia in 2009.

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, who signed the deal, said he could not understand the court's verdict.

"It is dangerous and counterproductive to cast the entire package of agreements into doubt," said Mr Putin.

The judge ruled that Tymoshenko had "used her powers for criminal ends" by pushing Ukraine's state energy firm Naftogaz into a deal with Russia's Gazprom.

'Regrettable' case

The US called for the release of Tymoshenko and decried the "politically motivated prosecution".

"The charges against Mrs Tymoshenko and the conduct of her trial... have raised serious concerns about the government of Ukraine's commitment to democracy and rule of law," the White House said in a statement.

Several European countries were scathing about the sentencing, Sweden's Foreign Minister Carl Bildt labelling it a "political show-trial".

Rights watchdog the Council of Europe accused Ukraine of "criminalisation of political decision-taking", while Amnesty International demanded that Tymoshenko be set free.

EU foreign policy chief Baroness Ashton, who has been involved in negotiating a free-trade deal with Ukraine President Viktor Yanukovych, said the trial "did not respect international standards".

"This unfortunately confirms that justice is being applied selectively in politically motivated prosecutions of the leaders of the opposition and members of the former government," she said.

Analysts say the jailing of Tymoshenko has threatened to torpedo the free-trade deal, which was due to begin in December.

Tymoshenko's supporters say Mr Yanukovych orchestrated the trial to get rid of his bitter political rival.

I am really pissed right now.....

As the verdict was read out over several hours, Tymoshenko stared at her iPad, apparently not listening to the judge.

And now really confused.....

You're pissed... at which side?

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

At the other nations involving themselves in this without any studying whatsoever.

The funny thing is Putin likes Tymoshenko. He recently commented "I wouldn't mind working with her".

At the other nations involving themselves in this without any studying whatsoever.

The funny thing is Putin likes Tymoshenko. He recently commented "I wouldn't mind working with her".

From my reading of the article, he's still saying that. He said said he could not understand the court's verdict against Tymoshenko.

The whole thing confuses me. As I understood it, Tymoshenko was one of the leaders of the Orange Revolution, which the Lefties I know hold up as an example of a wonderful, peaceful revolution.

But if she turned out to be a crook, well... that rather bolsters MY feelings about revolutions, instead.

From my reading of the article, he's still saying that. He said said he could not understand the court's verdict against Tymoshenko.

The whole thing confuses me. As I understood it, Tymoshenko was one of the leaders of the Orange Revolution, which the Lefties I know hold up as an example of a wonderful, peaceful revolution.

That's exactly my point, I think in reality Tymsohenko only loves money, she likes countries that give it to her. In the 90's she became the richest woman in Ukraine (Some speculate) using the opportunity of the 90's which to me means mafia & robbery. I bet that's why putin likes her, he can just bribe her.

All she's ever told was a lie. Even Yushenko (As far as I know not corrupt) hates her and testified against her, he was partners with her during the orange revolution. Guess why he barely won that revolution by the way? Everyone liked him, almost noone liked tymoshenko and he sided her...

IMO she is the worst propaganda politician a country could have, complains about everything like a *****, brings problems (even now she is trying to make bad relations by making ukraine look like a corrupt country [in politics] which it isn't really) because other countries believe her propaganda as we once did and also she steals money when she has the opportunity. And some of her ideas are just radical. Seriously I am not the only one, lots of people want her to just seriously shut up.

Yanukovich on the other hand is not a pro-russian guy as people say. He may not be very powerful or intriguing but he seems like the type that takes care of his house, he will always try to take care of Ukraine is my point. Putin is at most neutral with him and he does all the reforsm he promised. And he respects the view of most ukrainians.

So basically in my opinion all countries accusing ukraine of corrupt politics because of tymoshenko are ignorant.

But if she turned out to be a crook, well... that rather bolsters MY feelings about revolutions, instead.

I think the revolution was needed, Yushenko did some good reforms, the only reason it failed was because of Tymoshenko, (Premier of Yushenko's doctrine) she pretty much ruined every single plan Yushenko had internationally by ruining relations with both Russia and the EU.

EDIT:

Saw this today on CNN....

Yet at stake here is the country's democratic future. Under Mr Yanukovych's stewardship, Ukraine has already been demoted from Freedom House's list of "free" countries to "partly free." The choice now is whether it heads down a Belarusian path -- facing isolation and further sanctions -- or shares Mrs. Tymoshenko's vision of being European, democratic and free.

My response (It may or may not be offensive so your choice):

b006ffb5e5.jpg

It seems the world knows nothing at all of tymoshenko or ukrainian politics.... or is this some kind of propaganda attack/excuse on ukraine for plans of the UN or EU? Honestly I am very angry at the press of these foreign countries taking this so seriously either way. The worst part is people believe this shit.....

If it were me I would suspend her freedom outside of her home and never allow her to enter politics. And I am a guy who is for good relationships with both the EU and Russia.

Just read the president's opinion on his prime minister during the orange block after the revolution.

Former ally and President of Ukraine Victor Yushchenko stated in November 2009 "I am sure that every week, spent by Yulia Tymoshenko at the post of Prime Minister, leads the country to a catastrophe. Because of Yulia Tymoshenko – it is a crisis, crisis in everything". Yushchenko has repeatedly accused his former ally turned rival Tymoshenko of acting in the interests of Russia, she firmly denied the allegations. On 31 May 2010 Yushchenko stated that Tymoshenko was his "worst mistake", "The most serious mistake was to give the power to her twice”. Former Ukrainian Minister of Finance of Ukraine Viktor Pynzenyk has called Tymoshenko's decisions “normally guided by ‘adventurous populism,’” which she saw as a tool to “consolidate power in her own hands” and believed Tymoshenko should have "taken advantage of the opportunity presented by the 2008–2009 Ukrainian financial crisis to reform”.

End Rant.

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.