Rate the Last Movie you saw.

The Prestige - 9.2/10

I recommend seeing it at least once. Bear in mind though that they do use flashbackception. (flashback inside a flashback)

Prestige is still on of my most favorite movies.

New ninja turtles.

Michael Bay/10 (7/10)

It was a Michael Bay movie for sure but I wouldn't say it was BAD. It just got a little too carried away with the special effects at times.

Also, Megatron as The Shredder.

Retired Forum Moderator

Boxtrolls - 8/10

Amazing movie, far from being the best I've seen this year but I loved almost every minute of it.

Curds way? Milk street turns in to it!

the name's riley

X-Men: Days of Future Past

7.5/10

(I couldn't find decent subs for only the non-English parts)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I finally watched the Hunchback of Notre Dame all the way on Netflix.

8.5/10. Still kind of wish it was Quasimodo and Esmeralda who hooked up instead of her and Phoebas, but whatever.

EDIT: Also just watched Transformers: Age of Extinction.

6.5/10. Actually wasn't as bad as people are saying. It certainly doesn't deserve the lowest score of the Transformers films. That honor should remain with the second movie, the travesty that it is. As it is, this one is decent. The biggest complaint I have for it, really, is just that it goes on way, WAY too long. I mean, it just DRAGS.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Edge of Tomorrow

9/10

It's 'Groundhog Day', except in a futuristic war against alien invaders that control all of Europe except England... Quite funny at times, others are decent action, very few boring scenes. (and the boring is short)

Stretch

Expected rating based on the description, title, and cover: 4.5-6

Actual ratings: (everything below this line, on a 0-10 scale)

Action: 8

Comedy: 7

Weird-o-meter: 9.5

Overall rating for movie: Who gives a fuck, just watch it already. (aka 8.25)

(original) Oldboy. 10/10.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

The Book of Life - 8/10

I can't really give it much of a comparison to any other animated movie I've seen this year since this one's so different, but DAMN this movie was amazing. Probably my favorite animated movie of the year.

the name's riley

Godzilla (2014) 4/10

Just disappointing, too slow of a pace and the final battle just didn't pay off like I hoped it would.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

American Mary

6/10

Slightly disappointing. It felt like they either ran out of ideas and decided to end the movie at the halfway mark because of it, or they just couldn't find enough time to cover all their ideas.

Interstellar: 9/10

Definitely the most interesting live-action film of the year, probably the best science fiction movie I've ever seen.

Big Hero 6 TEN OUT OF MOTHERFUCKING

BEST ANIMATED MOVIE EVER PLS GO SEE

the name's riley

Airheads

9.5/10

Lots of stereotypes, (pun intended) lots of humor.

Watched "Big Hero 6". 3.75 stars out of 4.

I had to dock it a quarter star because of the ending (see spoiler if you want to know and don't mind seeing the ending):

When Hiro and Baymax were inside that Stargate-like rift, Baymax's thrusters were damaged so that he could not leave the rift. He used his rocket glove to launch Hiro and the pod containing the professor's daughter out of the rift as it was collapsing, thereby sacrificing himself for Hiro and the daughter. Teary scene. However, they kind of ruin the sacrifice by revealing that the rocket glove contained the program card and all Hiro had to do was build a second Baymax. Joys of joy! But, that kind of ruins the sacrifice Baymax made, in my eyes. After all, it wasn't really a sacrifice, was it?

Ah well. I'm nitpicking. The movie is, otherwise, perfect. They play with conventions and the humor is spot on. I want to buy it as soon as it comes out on Blu Ray. Like, if they have a midnight release. Yeah. That's how good I thought the movie was. :D

Saw Interstellar last night (good rating/10), and saw this commercial for Greyhound that reminded me of Ross for some reason... Possibly the smoldering effect.

oIBYX9umHr0

Maleficent. 9/10

I didn't know what to expect when going into this but was pleasantly surprised by what I got. It really reminded me of Wicked and I love that story to death.

Retired Forum Moderator

The LEGO Movie gets 2.5-ish master builders out of 4.

I found it to be watchable, a small chuckle here and there, I did like the stop-motion effect they were going with, which can be seen as foreshadowing the ending (which was spoiled to me shortly after the movie came out, but it didn't change how I thought of the movie). Overall, the movie wasn't horrible, I am biased against actors over voice actors, when it comes to animated movies. Hard to say if I can recommend this movie to anyone or not, maybe to those (like me) who enjoy the Lego games and/or those still have Legos.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

The Expendables 3

8/10

Better than 2, possibly better than 1. Very well done IMO.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) - 8/10

A lot closer to the original comics than the previous movies.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hercules (2014) - 9.5/10

Excellent movie that I recommend anyone who knows the legends to watch, and keep an open mind about it. It's possible.