Rate the Last Movie you saw.

Wait, hold up. I swear there was a different comment above mine. It wasn't a spambot either. At least, if it was, it was a bot that comment on how "a movie" was real shit, without giving any specifics, and there was no links or anything.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

3 hours ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

Wait, hold up. I swear there was a different comment above mine. It wasn't a spambot either. At least, if it was, it was a bot that comment on how "a movie" was real shit, without giving any specifics, and there was no links or anything.

Or the user might've just deleted their comment/account...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Nope, never that simple...

Also:

Invader Zim Enter The Florpus gets four phases out of four.

Edited by Psychotic Ninja (see edit history)

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

11 hours ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

Invader Zim Enter The Florpus gets four phases out of four.

I've yet to watch that.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling

Spoiler

I should get it out of the way that RML never really appealed much to me. The humor never was really my thing and in that respect, ~22 years later, it really hasn't changed much at all. This, along with the kind of generic cultural takes you'd expect to find in a boomer's newspaper comic, pretty much ensured I didn't really laugh at any point in the movie. Not to say there wasn't the occasional good or clever joke, I just didn't find it all that funny, at least for my first viewing. I'd probably appreciate the humor a bit more going in to it again.

That said, the cultural takes are there for a reason and they're fitting and not played to anyone's expense, which I totally resepct. The message this special really pushes forward is that you can appreciate the past without rejecting the present, and it's told in an extremely heartwarming way which may not change many peoples' minds on the topics it tries to tackle, but certainly will tug at your heartstrings if the message appeals to you at all.

8/10

the name's riley

UHF

10/10

Weird Al is great at whatever he does, and the critics don't know a good comedy from a hole in their head.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Extraterrestrial

2/10

Dropping this in a spoiler because hot damn I gotta rant on my hands

Spoiler

That movie was hot garbage. I watched the whole thing intently and could not tell you who any of the main characters are or what their names were, except for one because she was named after a month. Almost all of the characters were written for the sole reason of "you're supposed to hate them. See how evil they are? you hate them now. God look at how hateable this person is." and yeah I hated them because they were stupid useless characters and achieved hateability for all the wrong reasons. The only remotely interesting one was killed off 40 minutes in and the rest of the hour left of the movie was spent achieving literally nothing. His death wasn't even satisfying or meaningful. It was purely to show that "the aliens have this power now. Scaaaaary" and then never visit that power again. Ever. There were no lessons learned, no character growth, no plot resolution, just an ending that made me go "ugh of fucking course they end it like that."

What a bad movie. I'm easy to please and this one pissed me off with how bad it was

Edited by Blightmare (see edit history)

Retired Forum Moderator

On 9/2/2019 at 9:17 AM, BTGBullseye said:

UHF

10/10

Weird Al is great at whatever he does, and the critics don't know a good comedy from a hole in their head.

Can confirm

The Thing (The 82 film)

I thought it was amazing, even better than Alien in some aspects. It had more believable characters and a better fleshed out monster for one thing. It even got me a few times with the twists. It's definitely one of the best science fiction horror movies to ever come out. The only problem I have is that the opening gave away too much information, although this might be me watching it in 2019 and being able to predict things that might have flown over people's heads back in 82. Surprised it didn't get any sequels up until 2011.