Rate the Last Movie you saw.

in current times, yes. but it was pretty good in it's time, so i kept that in mind while rating it ;)

I gave it a 2/5 because it kinda had nothing to do with the actual game...

I watched it expecting to see someone's spine get ripped out. :(

Also known as "Username"

yes but censoring back then was tighter, so i doubt any movie allowed that kinda of visual awesomeness back then...

Censoring? It was 1995, not 1950. The producers chose to hold off on the gore and violence. Paul W.S. Anderson could have gone all out, but they wanted to teen dollar and needed that PG-13 rating to get it.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

Last I saw was the new Karate Kid. That was surprisingly well done. But then again, Jakie Chan is my hero so There may be some bias to this.

I give 4/5.

Retired Forum Moderator

Paranormal Activity

5/5

Nothing about this movie seems fake, even if you know it's fake. It's extremely well done, never overplays itself so much it becomes incredible, and overall its scares comes mostly from its suspense and its minimalism. It's the only movie I've seen where something as simple as a light being flicked on scares me.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Jesus Christ Superstar:

Terrible, terrible movie. The fact that all the clothes seemed weirdly out of place broke my suspension of disbelief. I didn't like how they're all clearly actors reenacting the gospels. I'm serious; it's not that they're bad actors, it's that the movie begins with all of them getting out of a bus and putting on costumes. The market Jesus walks through was too contemporary--some of the merchants were even selling machine guns. Judas running away from the tanks was the last straw.

Music was...ok. While it will never be as good as Les Misérables or Wicked, I have to admit there were some catchy tunes. "The Last Supper" and "Superstar" were my favorites.

Jesus Christ Superstar:

Terrible, terrible movie. The fact that all the clothes seemed weirdly out of place broke my suspension of disbelief. I didn't like how they're all clearly actors reenacting the gospels. I'm serious; it's not that they're bad actors, it's that the movie begins with all of them getting out of a bus and putting on costumes. The market Jesus walks through was too contemporary--some of the merchants were even selling machine guns. Judas running away from the tanks was the last straw.

Music was...ok. While it will never be as good as Les Misérables or Wicked, I have to admit there were some catchy tunes. "The Last Supper" and "Superstar" were my favorites.

I would say Monty Python's Life of Brian is a much better movie in that sense.

Thor 5/10 (This is the 2nd time I've seen it).

Its good, every scene in Asgard or in the ice giant realm (forgot name already lol) is awesome, on earth is was all kinda either just good, or meh. The love plot was alittle silly to me, it felt just crammed in there. Can't wait for the Avenagers movie though! :D

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

As one who very much enjoys the movie Apollo 13 (a movie which imbues heroism in the ideals of utility, knowledge, bravery, problem solving and nerves of steel with factual history), the movie Zoolander made me envy the deaf and the blind. (-3/5)

It was funny, but that sort of not completely censorable funny that I never want to see again as long as I live. I'll re-iterate my disdain for the Fashion industry.

The mindset and motives of all of the protagonists seem beyond not only refusing any of those aforementioned "heroic" ideals, it was as if there was a universal contempt for them. Fashion portrayed was the antithesis of intelligence, morality or practicality. That said I know it was all in good fun, and to that end fun it was, but all it did was paint a caricature of the things I dislike the most.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I would say Monty Python's Life of Brian is a much better movie in that sense.

Oh, a hundred times better! Life of Brian is witty and original. It's music is very clever, catchy and memorable.

As one who very much enjoys the movie Apollo 13 (a movie which imbues heroism in the ideals of utility, knowledge, bravery, problem solving and nerves of steel with factual history), the movie Zoolander made me envy the deaf and the blind. (-3/5)

Apollo 13 is one of my favorites.

Zoolander is cute, nothing more. There were times when it was charming and other times where it was dumb. Apollo 13 is infinitely better; it's blasphemy to mention it alongside of Zoolander.

I forgot to say, went to the movies with a friend watched 30 minutes or less because I like the actor who played the main villain bomb guy from other movies...like ehmm what was it, Pineapple express I think.

The guy did a fairly decent job in the movie although I saw better from him.

Overall I rate the movie 7.5/10 because it was mostly funny but at parts a bit cheesy (attemping to be funny but overtrrying it)

This might seem like a low rating to others but that's only because 10/10 for me is extremely high rating that only few movies like LOTR, Tarantino movies, Predator 1, Indie movies and Russian Jewels and Matrix (Even though people critic it I just love the story) got. In fact there is probably only 1 movie of the 2000's decade that deserved a 10/10.

So 7.5 is a fairly rating to me.

It is probably one of the best commedies out of 2011 though.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Make Mine Music - 2/5

Not a bad Disney movie, perhaps very overshadowed by the more famous ones. It does feel like it drags on a bit though, mostly because it's presented as several short films, sort of like Fantasia, only not as memorable. Standout moments include the rotoscoping of two live action dancers that are mixed with animation but turned into silhouettes to make it completely seamless. Overall, typical Disney quality animation and great music from the 40's too. Had its share of touching moments even. But yeah, this is probably best left in the Disney vault.

Last movie I saw in the cinema was Captain America.

It wasn't too bad but I kind of expected a little more... I dunno, originality. Everything in the film was very predictable and it just felt like a massive advertisement to The Avengers.

Rating: 3/5

COURIER'S MIND: RISE OF NEW VEGAS

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2181

http://www.youtube.com/user/101Phase?feature=mhee

SEASON 5 WILL AIR IN SUMMER 2013!

Last movie I saw in the cinema was Captain America.

It wasn't too bad but I kind of expected a little more... I dunno, originality. Everything in the film was very predictable and it just felt like a massive advertisement to The Avengers.

Rating: 3/5

I liked Captain America, but kinda felt like it dragged near the end. I was ready for it to end, of course it was late when I was watching it so I might've been tired because of that. I made the mistake of listening to a very spoilerish review before I went to see the movie, but I liked it. I forget what I gave it, but its in this thread I think.

EDIT: This is what I thought earlier:

Captain America 4/5

-Alright, I gotta say I love how the the Big Avenager's movie is coming together. I'd say of the movies leading up to the avenagers, this is probably abit better then Thor, but not as good as Iron Man.

My thoughts are still the same :).

Has anyone dared to watch the Human Centipede? Just curious...

I saw a commercial and already gave it a -oo/10

However I really want to see how bad it is I refrain myself from doing so because I think I won't be the same person anymore after.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Has anyone dared to watch the Human Centipede? Just curious...

I saw a commercial and already gave it a -oo/10

However I really want to see how bad it is I refrain myself from doing so because I think I won't be the same person anymore after.

My reaction:

"What I've never heard of this, let me look it up on youtube."

*Watches it on trailer on youtube*

"Wtf... DEAR LORD!" :shock:

I actually watched it. And let me tell you, it was FUCKING AWFUL.

Now i generally don't like horror movies(because most of them are just gore fests which i find not entertaining to watch). But this one takes the cake at being bad.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I actually watched it. And let me tell you, it was FUCKING AWFUL.

Now i generally don't like horror movies(because most of them are just gore fests which i find not entertaining to watch). But this one takes the cake at being bad.

Second question, why did you watch it????????

I first saw the movie on the russian documentary, top 5 worst movies ever made.

........dude don't even bring it up. i watched it because i didn't believe the hype on how bad it was...yep, awful movie.

i give it a 6/10 though...since it's impressive that a movie can gross me out at all.