Rate the Last Movie you saw.

The Avengers. What a horrible piece of ****. They gotta stop doing these Superhero movies. The original hulk was one of my favorite movies. So was dark knight. Now they've just turned into something... really, really bad. I used to read these comics in the 90's. There was a story behind all those screens of action sequenses. Now it's just... meh.

Really? The 2003 Hulk movie was one of your favorites? That was sooo boring. All these comic book heroes got pretty solid stories, its just the ones you like are alittle darker then the other movies that are out. The original Hulk, and Dark Knight don't have any comedy in them.

I think you may appreciate the Warner Bros/DC movies more then Disney/Marvel. The Dark Knight series is serious, and the new Superman movie looks like its taking that same approach.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

TDKR: 3.5 out of 4, I'm not going to compare it to the other two, 'cause IMO there's nothing to compare, it has its own story to tell, and it tells it well the ending with

Robin

was predictable, and cheesy, but I loved it, and I can see it happening, even though I know it wont, it's just Nolan teasing us.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

The new 'Total Recall'.

10/10

Better than the original. Earth/Mars is switched to Europe/Australia, but it isn't in the slightest diminished for the few changes.

Yes, the triple-boobed girl is still there, and so is the 'two weeks' lady, just not as you expect.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I have to say that the original with Ahnuld is still king, but the remake is pretty good in its own right. I think the biggest problem I had with the movie was in the spoilers:

"The Fall". The stupid-ass "The Fall". I understand the need for it and how it works, but the physics involved just make my brain explode. Or rather, the LACK of physics. If you had a tunnel that went through the Earth and the core and out the other side, first, the car would have to enter free fall. Almost immediately, the riders inside would experience weightlessness. You couldn't walk around inside the car as it's falling like Quaid/Hauser did. And you wouldn't SUDDENLY experience weightlessness at the core's perimeter. The usage of weightlessness during the climax just had me facepalming. And, once you're on the other side of the core, gravity just doesn't RETURN all at once to have a poor officer falling to his death. Then they open the door at the climax and decide to just climb up the ladder outside. WHAT. In order for the trip to take only 17 minutes, the car would have to be traveling around 28,000 miles per hour, creating a fireball on the outside of the car from the air friction and compression. And a human body couldn't survive unprotected at those speeds. At freefall, it would take over 40 minutes to reach the other side of the Earth, assuming it would even make it considering terminal velocity speeds and such...but they could have booster rockets (though they didn't show that in the movie) to assist getting the car the rest of the way to the surface.

Just...argh! But, then again, the near-vacuum eye bugging-out sequence in the original didn't make any sense either...even if that did happen, you just can't recover from something like that by simply adding air to remove the near vacuum...

Ah well, I liked them both. The original edging out over the remake.

I have to say that the original with Ahnuld is still king, but the remake is pretty good in its own right. I think the biggest problem I had with the movie was in the spoilers:

"The Fall". The stupid-ass "The Fall". I understand the need for it and how it works, but the physics involved just make my brain explode. Or rather, the LACK of physics. If you had a tunnel that went through the Earth and the core and out the other side, first, the car would have to enter free fall. Almost immediately, the riders inside would experience weightlessness. You couldn't walk around inside the car as it's falling like Quaid/Hauser did. And you wouldn't SUDDENLY experience weightlessness at the core's perimeter. The usage of weightlessness during the climax just had me facepalming. And, once you're on the other side of the core, gravity just doesn't RETURN all at once to have a poor officer falling to his death. Then they open the door at the climax and decide to just climb up the ladder outside. WHAT. In order for the trip to take only 17 minutes, the car would have to be traveling around 28,000 miles per hour, creating a fireball on the outside of the car from the air friction and compression. And a human body couldn't survive unprotected at those speeds. At freefall, it would take over 40 minutes to reach the other side of the Earth, assuming it would even make it considering terminal velocity speeds and such...but they could have booster rockets (though they didn't show that in the movie) to assist getting the car the rest of the way to the surface.

Just...argh! But, then again, the near-vacuum eye bugging-out sequence in the original didn't make any sense either...even if that did happen, you just can't recover from something like that by simply adding air to remove the near vacuum...

Ah well, I liked them both. The original edging out over the remake.

I have a response to the spoilers...

I agree with your assessment of "The Fall".

In the original however, it wasn't a "near vacuum" scene, it was a "lack of nitrogen". (see The Bends, this is what I heard right from someone who helped write the script) But yes, it isn't something that can be recovered from by simply applying pressure & the right gasses.

Saw "The Reaping" on AMC two days ago.

4/5

A very well-formed plot, with a lot of elements that remind you of horror games, where occasional random flashes and visuals piece together an idea in your mind of what's happening. The acting was good. It wasnt AMAZING, but it kept you from looking at the screen with a gawking expression thinking "Really?" Also, good special effects and very good use of biblical reference to strengthen the plot. The best part is that a lot of the serious, hair-raising thriller scenes are just part of the rising action, the climax being one of the most epic I have seen in a movie. Great twist at the end that surprised me, as they did a great job of using visuals and influencing your opinion to think that the first idea was the right one. The last two minutes or so were a terribly weak ending though. They were trying too hard to add on and leave the story open-ended, and it added an problem that a simple abortion would solve. (She basically gets pregnant with the Anti-Christ). but aside from that, I thought it was a very good movie and would certainly watch it again.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Hunger Games 7/10

Decent enough movie as a whole, and lots of great acting (who knew Lenny Cravitz could act, and be really really good at it) but you could tell it was a book first because there was lots of stuff that obviously had more explanation/setup in the movie, like how you only really knew the little girl for 10 minutes before they killed her off, and I'm sure more of the tributes had characters than what we saw.

My main problem with it was that they were trying to go like three different routes with Katniss. Was she ignoring the flare because she wanted to do everything without outside help? Was she at first trying to do it on her own but eventually the system got to her and she became that which she hated? Was she swept up in it before the games, but during the games she realized that beauty and lies can't really help you?

And a similar problem with Peeta. Was he the whiny bitch, the unfavorite, the overcomer, the selfless helper, the reluctant helper, the love interest, or what?

I appreciate that they aren't sticking to a set character loadout, but at the same time try and stay consistent at least.

It's Running Man meets Princess Diaries meets District 9, which is a very odd mix but I think pretty accurate.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

Maxim Perepelytsya 8/10

1955 Black and White comedy.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

OMG, watched "Battleship" this weekend.

Plot: WTF?

Score: FFS!

I hoped the aliens would quickly win and put an end to all that, but no such luck - after about 2 hours they were defeated by an illegal floating museum and POTUS gave a posthumous medal to the half-wit who started the whole war through his sheer incompetence (on the second thought, maybe that last bit was not so out of this world)...

Regards

th?id=I.4963977986966608&pid=15.1

Last movie I saw..

The Hobbit Unexpected Journey - 8/10

Pro:

-Great effects

-Good Acting

-Action PACKED

Con:

-Scenes dragged on (spent way too long before getting onto the actual quest).

-Some of it was just too silly. After watching Lord of the Rings Triliogy. These two stories are vastly different.. and it might just be my personal bias, but I like the Lord of the Rings story more than that of the Hobbit.

Paranormal Activity 3 on Netflix, give it a 3/5. By the third installment, the story elements are very much the same. It was kind of cool to see the demon terrorize the girls as kids, though the rules for the demon are loosely followed here. We finally get to see the bitch grandmother that's responsible for this mess, which only goes to prove my statement that there's at least 1 women behind every cosmic fuck up.

Summer time is upon us, which brings those big summer movies. So I'm necroing this thread once again now that i'm becoming semi-active in forums (atleast plan too).

Django Unchained 7/10

-Good movie, sometimes too over the top. Could see how it could be offensive. Wasn't as crazy about it as some people were.

Iron Man 3 I give 3.5 working Iron Man suits out of 4

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Saw Iron Man 3 recently, it gets a 9.3/10. Easily the best of the trilogy IMO.

Just watched Django: Unchained last night:

Overall a great movie, though the scene where the guy is ripped apart by dogs and the fight between the two slaves was almost too much for me to watch. Also, they used a little too much ketchup making that movie. Also:

JnpsgIU.gif

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Saw Star Trek: Into Darkness yesterday. Just go see it. Right now! It's up there on my list of favorite Star Trek films.

Star Trek Into Darkness give it a 8 out of 10.

I like/loved most of it, but there was a scene in particular that bugged me alot and killed alot of the tension for me. It brought me out of the movie a little, but the rest of it was fantastic. Only other problem is it did feel alittle long too.

When Spock yells Khan, I thought that was very cheesy and hurt the movie alot.

I'm rewatching the early films of Takeshi Kitano for the first time since I bought them (and the fact that I have them on vhs should give you a clue as to how long ago that was.) Last one I watched was Boiling Point, which I'd rate 7/10. A good film, but not his best.