Rate the Last Movie you saw.

Mediterranean Shark Attack - 6.5/10

This movie tries to be everything a shark attack movie should be. It takes elements from movies such as Jaws, Deep Blue Sea, and Shark Attack 3: Megoladon, and melds them into a great shark flick. The effects are very good, I'd say close to Deep Blue Sea at times and Shark Attack 3 at others. The movie suffers from a horrible English dub (I watched on Netflix, so no choice to switch), where the main character VA is the weakest of the cast. It's similar to Heavy Rain to that effect. There are some parts that are laughably bad, but after about 15 minutes the movie starts to look like it's trying to be a good shark thriller. Without a doubt, this is one of the better shark/sea monster-themed movies I've seen in recent years.

Now you see me gets 3 well done magic tricks out of 4.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Iron Man 3. I liked it, but I haven't decided whether it's better than the second one. The after credits thing was something I waited the whole movie for, so I'm glad about that. Plus the villain wasn't just another guy in a robot suit, but was still really threatening.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

Orca - 8/10

A good movie once you realize it's not just another movie trying to be Jaws, because it's far from that. The special effects are fairly good and stock footage is used well for the most part (except for one clip that is used repeatedly, sometimes with a day-to-night filter). An interesting cult-movie, I'd recommend watching it. It's free if you have an Amazon Prime membership.

Now You See Me 6/10

Wasn't a bad movie, interesting to see how the magic tricks played out. Decent Cast, just wasn't the most interesting movie I've seen either. Definitely wait and rent this movie from Redbox.

Blade II 6/10

Awesome fights. Storyline is bleh, but it makes up for it by being kickass.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

The most recent movie I saw is "Epic". 7/10

Couldn't stand the slug and snail characters (and they were in it a lot!) and I felt the villains just didn't have a strong enough motivations, but overall, a pretty good flick. The interactions between the main character and the supporting characters was very good and the visuals and sound were just awesome!

My favorite scene:

The mouse sequence where MK encounters a cute little mouse is probably my most favorite scene in the movie!

Probably a good movie to watch on the small screen, but perhaps not in the theater. :)

Pulp Fiction 10/10

Just a great movie, with fantastic dialogue so many memorable quotes.

The Boy in The Striped Pyjamas: 6/10.

It was throughly depressing. It's pace was way too slow. I could see the ending coming from a mile away and I didn't like the main character. To me he was just a moan-y little bitch. I read the book afterwards, and it just seems like the author was trying to cash in. The only thing I liked about it was the actors. The film was just mediocre.

Oz the Great and Powerful: 7/10

A decent movie with some odd casting choices. The special effects were great and the story was fun, but purposely predictable.

Resident Evil Retribution: 6/10.

The fighting and action was pretty cool, of course, but the plot was...lacking, and in the end, there wasn't a whole lot that actually got accomplished.

First of all, why the is the Red Queen in charge of Umbrella Corporation? Even if she took over one facility, there's no way she could take them all - her power is based around her control of Umbrella's security systems and cloned soldiers - I doubt every single one of Umbrella's facilities can clone soldiers. And how could she even control other facilities in the first place? She'd have to do it with remote access of some kind, something that should be easily prevented.

Not to mention that it's said that this Red Queen is the same one that was in the original movie. Um, she died. A lot. So why is she even still alive in the first place? And even if she survived somehow, her entire system was in the Hive, which is beneath Raccoon City, which got nuked. So there's no way in hell anyone went down there to get her out, even if she DIDN'T die (which she did).

And, according to Wesker near the end, she's "determined to destroy all life on Earth". Uh. Again, why? The entire reason the first movie happened like it did is because the Red Queen killed everyone in the Hive to prevent the T-Virus from escaping. Therefore, she's obviously concerned about preserving life to some degree. So why is she suddenly trying to kill everyone? And if this is common knowledge, then why is anyone following her orders?

Yes, I know about the weird scarab mind controller things or whatever, but the Red Queen is still just a computer. She doesn't have hands. At some point, people had to hear what she that she was planning to wipe out all life on Earth, and say "Yeah, I wanna help with that!"

Back to the original CEO, why is Albert Wesker no longer the head of Umbrella? It's still his company. Just because he changed his mind about what they should be doing doesn't mean that he had to quit.

On that note, why is Wesker alive in the first place? He got blown up in the last movie. As in, there's no feasible way he could have survived. Yet in this movie he appears, clearly unharmed, and Alice doesn't even blink?

And why is Wesker of all people leading what's left of the US army for 'humanity's last stand'? He's basically the President now, and the remnants of the US Military, including marines, tanks, aircraft, artillery, and the Secret Service are apparently taking orders from him. What?

So yeah, basically fun to watch, but the whole time I'm thinking "WTF" at the back of my mind about a bunch of crap that doesn't make any sense.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Star trek into darkness

This is without a single doubt THE best film that has ever been made.

HOLY SHIT

My mind was so fucking blown afterwards I couldnt stand up for a while, I was crying with joy when the credits rolled.

My words cannot possible do this movie justice, if you are a star trek fan and havent seen it, go see it. See it in 3D (I usually hate 3D but this was done so well)

"Life sucks sober!"

Resident Evil Retribution: 6/10.

The fighting and action was pretty cool, of course, but the plot was...lacking, and in the end, there wasn't a whole lot that actually got accomplished.

First of all, why the is the Red Queen in charge of Umbrella Corporation? Even if she took over one facility, there's no way she could take them all - her power is based around her control of Umbrella's security systems and cloned soldiers - I doubt every single one of Umbrella's facilities can clone soldiers. And how could she even control other facilities in the first place? She'd have to do it with remote access of some kind, something that should be easily prevented.

Not to mention that it's said that this Red Queen is the same one that was in the original movie. Um, she died. A lot. So why is she even still alive in the first place? And even if she survived somehow, her entire system was in the Hive, which is beneath Raccoon City, which got nuked. So there's no way in hell anyone went down there to get her out, even if she DIDN'T die (which she did).

And, according to Wesker near the end, she's "determined to destroy all life on Earth". Uh. Again, why? The entire reason the first movie happened like it did is because the Red Queen killed everyone in the Hive to prevent the T-Virus from escaping. Therefore, she's obviously concerned about preserving life to some degree. So why is she suddenly trying to kill everyone? And if this is common knowledge, then why is anyone following her orders?

Yes, I know about the weird scarab mind controller things or whatever, but the Red Queen is still just a computer. She doesn't have hands. At some point, people had to hear what she that she was planning to wipe out all life on Earth, and say "Yeah, I wanna help with that!"

Back to the original CEO, why is Albert Wesker no longer the head of Umbrella? It's still his company. Just because he changed his mind about what they should be doing doesn't mean that he had to quit.

On that note, why is Wesker alive in the first place? He got blown up in the last movie. As in, there's no feasible way he could have survived. Yet in this movie he appears, clearly unharmed, and Alice doesn't even blink?

And why is Wesker of all people leading what's left of the US army for 'humanity's last stand'? He's basically the President now, and the remnants of the US Military, including marines, tanks, aircraft, artillery, and the Secret Service are apparently taking orders from him. What?

So yeah, basically fun to watch, but the whole time I'm thinking "WTF" at the back of my mind about a bunch of crap that doesn't make any sense.

Whole resident evil franchise just needs to be rebooted, the movie plots have gotten too confusing.

Forward Unto Dawn

I was unsure for the first half of the film whether I am watching a militaristic propaganda of the type of Soviet pre-WWII movies or a clever and deep exploration of a troubled society torn by deep internal conflicts, laced with satire and references to our times... Then the Master Chief came and - yep, militaristic propaganda drivel it is...

Having said this, just like watching the old Soviet propaganda movies can be fun so, ultimately, was watching the FUD (who the hell came up with that name???).

@Doublenature: Agree, "Into Darkness" is an achievement (maybe not the best film ever but very, very good).

Regards

Super Mario Bros Movie 7/10

I can't understand what's with all the hate this movie gets! The only flaws I find is bad special effects and the fact it has nothing to do with the video game of the same name. Just looking at it as a movie, it was pretty good.

Man of Steel - 8.8/10

Henry Cavill IS Superman, Faora is fucking hot, Zod is actually kind of scary. Perfect casting, imo. (Besides maybe Amy Adams, but I like her, anyway) Everything else was really good, too. The final fight scene was awesome,though did run a little long. I don't get why they decided to really hammer in the Jesus aspect of Superman but whatever. The movie's good, go see it.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Man of Steel - 7/10

Good first half, was really interested, but God damn that second half was a non-stop fight that went on too long. Also movie was pretty choppy and I wasn't crazy about who they choose to be Louis Lane. But liked it enough to hope to see a sequel.

I can't express the facepalm I did when I saw two favorable scores for the Man of Steel... anyway, OT:

Star Trek IV: Voyage Home - 7/10

The movie had a slow start, but it got much more interesting after that. Spock mind-melding with a whale was fucking awesome.

The Hobbit. I liked it. It started a bit slow but picked up soon and ended on a nice enough 'To Be Continued.' They really crammed a lot into this film to justify the existence of sequels, though. 8/10

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."