Rate the Last Movie you saw.

Has anyone dared to watch the Human Centipede? Just curious...

I saw a commercial and already gave it a -oo/10

However I really want to see how bad it is I refrain myself from doing so because I think I won't be the same person anymore after.

Even if films like that is seen as 'good', they would only become cult classics or something like that. I personally refuse to watch it on the grounds that it would only give these film makers the idea that 'disgusting concept/shock horror sells'.

COURIER'S MIND: RISE OF NEW VEGAS

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2181

http://www.youtube.com/user/101Phase?feature=mhee

SEASON 5 WILL AIR IN SUMMER 2013!

The last thing I saw today was something like behind the scenes of Crocodile Hunter. Quite good and crazy stuff

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Second question, why did you watch it????????

Because sometimes movies are so bad they are downright funny. *cough* The Room *cough*

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I LOVED the Human Centipede.

It's a fantastic blend of body horror, experimentation and a good old fashioned case of the director saying 'fuck you' to the audience.

I can't wait for the next two. I'm a huge horror and horror film theory guy and I was thrilled with it.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

It's a fantastic blend of body horror, experimentation and a good old fashioned case of the director saying 'fuck you' to the audience.

I can't wait for the next two. I'm a huge horror and horror film theory guy and I was thrilled with it.

Don't know if troll or serious.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I don't fuck around when to comes to horror. I'm deadly serious. I loved it. I thought it was composed very well, paced well, and I really enjoyed the use of old horror standards with cinema cruelty. I'm a huge, huge fan of the cinema of cruelty. The French are doing it best right now, but there are some others out there doing it right.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

I don't fuck around when to comes to horror. I'm deadly serious. I loved it. I thought it was composed very well, paced well, and I really enjoyed the use of old horror standards with cinema cruelty. I'm a huge, huge fan of the cinema of cruelty. The French are doing it best right now, but there are some others out there doing it right.

You must also be a Saw fan then. I've only seen the second one but it wasn't something I'd get into (the way the traps are designed is quite clever though).

To be honest, if you want to talk about body horror, I prefer things like The Fly and The Thing.

COURIER'S MIND: RISE OF NEW VEGAS

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2181

http://www.youtube.com/user/101Phase?feature=mhee

SEASON 5 WILL AIR IN SUMMER 2013!

From Dusk Till Dawn - 8/10

Aside from a slightly jointed pacing (it suddenly turns into an all-out splatter-fest near the second half of the movie), it's a fun and enjoyable b-movie about vampires. Enjoyable performances from George Clooney, Quentin Tarantino, Juliette Lewis, Harvey Keitel, Tom Savini and other great Rodriguez staples here.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

You must also be a Saw fan then. I've only seen the second one but it wasn't something I'd get into (the way the traps are designed is quite clever though).

To be honest, if you want to talk about body horror, I prefer things like The Fly and The Thing.

I said I liked horror film so I actually have taste, fuck Saw. The Saw movies are jokes. They stop being mildly clever halfway through the second one.

I love Carpenter and Cronenberg. Halloween, The Thing, The Fly and Videodrome are always consistently on my top 20 list of favorite films. Shivers was great too.

I said I liked horror film so I actually have taste

And yet you like the human centipede.

Because it's an interesting, well made film and I'm not a baby like most of the movie going public.

Extreme cinema is the only working artistic cinema out there nowadays.

It was awful. I only like horror movies that are creepy and have some kind of mystery to them. Not movies that completely rely on jump scares or movies that are just plain disgusting. The Human Centipede is the latter.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was awful. I only like horror movies that are creepy. Not movies that completely rely on jump scares or movies that are just plain disgusting. The Human Centipede is the latter.

Jump scares? after the second act, it more or less drops those completely. It presents itself rather openly, I think. They barely hide after the beginning of the training.

and for the record, few movies are 'plain disgusting'. That's childish thinking. That's why I consider most moviegoers babies, they think anything that uses violence is bad. It's a piece of fiction with the purpose of telling a story and likely to point out some perspective. It's art. It's fun art at that. I felt the creepyness in the atmosphere of the film and the tension within the primarily static setting.

Meta settings in horror usually don't work (just look at the latter Scream movies), but I think the Human Centipede pulls it off rather well. The second one, taking place in the 'real world' where the first film has been released is a pretty great idea, I think and will be very impressive if pulled off correctly.

If you don't like it, that's your cross to bear, but I happen to like to actually think about films when I see them and I found a good deal to work with in the Human Centipede.

a movie that combines psych horror and visual horror is a good movie. whats that movie with the ventriloquist's dummies and the chick who steals tongues if you scream at her? Mary Shaw was her name. that was a good movie.

and also lux has a point, Human Centipede was disturbing, but it was well done.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

a movie that combines psych horror and visual horror is a good movie, whats that movie with the ventriloquist's dummies and the chick who steals tongues if you scream at her? Mary Shaw was her name. that was a good movie.

I believe the film is called Dead Silence. I never saw it, so can give no opinion.

yep, that's it. thanks man. i recommend it, some of the horror moments were cheesy at times, but it was a good story line, and it did it's in job making you jump also. what's the scariest horror film you like?

Haunting in Connecticut is good, but that's more of a thriller if anything. it made my skin crawl towards the ending though.