Jump to content

Questions for Videochat July 2021

Ask questions or topics to discuss here for the next videochat with fans at 5:00pm UTC on July 3rd at twitch.tv/rossbroadcast. Had some surprises with video production, but a lot is still happening, will definitely have new stuff for July.

  Reply to post

Recommended Posts

Is it acceptable to delete a post made to this reddit and replace it with a different one?

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/30/2021 at 7:11 AM, Rarefoil said:

Is it acceptable to delete a post made to this reddit and replace it with a different one?

Sometimes Ross glances over the questions ahead of time to prepare, but usually he is too busy for that and instead reads them for the first time during the stream

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

Share this post


Link to post

I more meant is it proper social edicate. Like will I look rude or look flaky or look like I'm trying to slip something by someone?

Share this post


Link to post

You can just edit your comment?

Enerjax (Enerjak) ((Dimitri)) (((Finitevus))) ((((Pir'Oth Ix)))) (((((Leprechauns)))))

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/30/2021 at 9:27 AM, Rarefoil said:

I more meant is it proper social edicate. Like will I look rude or look flaky or look like I'm trying to slip something by someone?

 

> worrying about social etiquette at reddit

 

welcome.jpg.feaacbebe8b94fe8edc93264649dcee2.jpg

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

Share this post


Link to post

Hey, people who care about whether they look like an asshole are the ones we should be lifting up. God knows the rest of the internet won't.

Enerjax (Enerjak) ((Dimitri)) (((Finitevus))) ((((Pir'Oth Ix)))) (((((Leprechauns)))))

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/30/2021 at 6:43 PM, Shaddy said:

Hey, people who care about whether they look like an asshole are the ones we should be lifting up. God knows the rest of the internet won't.

I respectfully disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2021 at 4:00 AM, ScumCoder said:

 

> worrying about social etiquette at reddit

 

welcome.jpg.feaacbebe8b94fe8edc93264649dcee2.jpg

>worrying about reddit

You have to go back, and Ross needs to answer questions from dvach

Edited by Im_CIA (see edit history)

"Ich bin, ja, ja, Volkswagen narcoman"

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I guess I might as well ask another question: is it also socially acceptable in terms of these Videochat Questions to ask the same question across multiple months, if the previous times it didn't get enough votes to be considered? Maybe wording it better so that your point is better communicated? I mean, after the 5th time you should obviously go "it's not happening, time to retire this question" but what about just 2 or 3 times? 

 

*And I guess to be more specific, when I say "socially accetable" I more mean "will I look annoying?"

Edited by Rarefoil (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/1/2021 at 3:38 AM, Rarefoil said:

I guess I might as well ask another question: is it also socially acceptable in terms of these Videochat Questions to ask the same question across multiple months, if the previous times it didn't get enough votes to be considered? Maybe wording it better so that your point is better communicated? I mean, after the 5th time you should obviously go "it's not happening, time to retire this question" but what about just 2 or 3 times? 

 

*And I guess to be more specific, when I say "socially accetable" I more mean "will I look annoying?"

 

 

Well, I'm guessing your original question is asking if it's alright to post one question that may garner more popularity and be subsequently upvoted more, only to edit it later with the question you really meant to ask. I think whether that's appropriate or not is self explanatory.

 

As far as re-asking each month, Ross has said before in other chats to "try again" if your question didn't get addressed, so I don't see a problem with that myself personally. You can also try sticking around until the end of the live video chats (or try to show up near the end) and try to pose your question live.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2021 at 10:14 PM, Generic-User said:

 

Well, I'm guessing your original question is asking if it's alright to post one question that may garner more popularity and be subsequently upvoted more, only to edit it later with the question you really meant to ask. I think whether that's appropriate or not is self explanatory.

 

As far as re-asking each month, Ross has said before in other chats to "try again" if your question didn't get addressed, so I don't see a problem with that myself personally. You can also try sticking around until the end of the live video chats (or try to show up near the end) and try to pose your question live.

Okay, I didn't know that Ross said "try again", but I haven't watched all of them, not even close. So enormous thank you for that, it's nice to know that officially you can try again, even if it's probably self-evident that you can.

 

My original question, however, was not even close to that scenario. Basically, what I was asking was if it was appropriate, in the same reddit thread, to first ask a question, delete the post with the question for whatever reason (but mainly because the original got downvoted), and then ask the same question in the same reddit thread but maybe phrased better, with the word fat trimmed (which works under the assumption that was the reason for the downvoting). I mean, as demonstrated by my first post here, I can mess up communicating in text.

 

I mean, now that I know that trying again is completely official, I won't even bother doing that and just ask it again next time. But I was not doing the scenario you suggested, that would definitely be subterfuge. I'm basically just overly worried that anything else I could do looks like subterfuge.

Edited by Rarefoil (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/2/2021 at 5:46 PM, Rarefoil said:

My original question, however, was not even close to that scenario [...] But I was not doing the scenario you suggested, that would definitely be subterfuge.

My mistake, I definitely misunderstood what you were asking.

 

For what you actually meant, I don't think it would be a big deal personally, but there's obviously no hard "rule" on that and each person you ask would probably have a different opinion. If you were really worried about being accused of something, maybe just in the re-posting of the question mention that you deleted the original and are deciding to re-ask it with a different phrasing since you felt like you poorly worded it the first time and wanted to ensure it got a fair chance or something.

Share this post


Link to post

two-gentlemen.jpg.b0967b12f0948dd49c0c825f3147f300.jpg

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in the community.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.