Has "toxic gaming culture" preempted the future of politics?

I think GG could've really benefitted from having a centralized leadership; having people like Bryan "King of /pol/" Dunn and Vordrak on your side is not going to be a benefit.

It could have, certainly, but then I also think it would have stopped being a consumer revolt at that point, which was basically all its ever been. Its also probably what has made it more popularly bulletproof from any kind of dismantlement, how exactly is one supposed to "break" a group of members who don't adhere to much central organization, and are basically just united by the common thread that they're various gamers or game enthusiasts with similar opinions on certain subjects?

The fact that nobody can truly ever either lord themselves over so many different types of people and claim to speak on their behalf forever, and simultaneously no single person can ever truly be lambasted as the "Leader of GG" has its benefits, with the drawbacks being that organization is very impromptu and in many cases not as effective as it could be, and that GG as a group has basically no surefire way of "protecting" its "image" (some tried to organize to do this job during the early days apparently, but it was a thankless and herculean task, so most got burnt out and disheartened trying to do it).

On the other hand, I don't necessarily think this matters since the image was basically shot from the get-go via it being a "hashtag" movement, and how basically 98% of all news sources were automatically against being honest about us. The mountain of articles written by hacks all over the world jumping on the bandwagon to just blindly hate on GG for reasons which are anything but consistent (seriously, if you read through them, they'll contradictory in claiming we either had ZERO impact at all, or that we're apparently the boogeymen hiding and have complete control over the entire industry, with no matter what case the result is that they somehow cannot ever stop referring to us.) have all but guaranteed that unless someone becomes morbidly curious or determined enough to dig deeper to get all sides on the matters, they're guaranteed to just take the wall of trashy articles at face value, and with how many there are out there, its easy to not blame people for getting that impression.

The fact that almost none of the detractors have ever brought up the FBI's results on GG as a group only shows how selective they are with their info to maintain this narrative of toxicity around the whole thing. They don't care about honesty, they just want a demon to hang up and scare people into their social engineering agendas, and any critics are obviously just demons themselves who are better to be silenced than listened to. Kinda just like what some politicians today try and do.

Long is the way; and hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light-Paradise Lost

By the power of truth, while I live, I have conquered the universe-Faust

The only absolute is that there are no absolutes, except that one

Vae Victus-Brennus

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.