The budding game designers!

Sign in to follow this  

I do game design in college, and this is a real conversation I had about Steam.

B7lJ3.png

I'd slap them for their derpiness.

Games are going to be good because those guys won't make it well in the gaming industry with their thoughts. The future is digital and there is no coming back. Just as Vinyls dissapeard 10 years ago, DVD's will too..... unless it's a movie *derp derp...

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

These are the people who make a new game for every patch and charge people for the game disk and box separately

These are the people who make a new game for every patch and charge people for the game disk and box separately

Do you think that's profitable?

It's stupid both ways you know. If the game is crap noone will buy it even if it is in a shiny box and patched. If people feel cheated they will torrent all games from the company without a thought.

If the guys tried to think progressively and move with the world for once then this would not happen.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

The only reason I would preferring a disk over the download copy is that I'm not the only person in this house who plays computer games and my brother tends to get annoyed when I get things on steam he wants to try, meaning if he wants to play it, we have to buy ANOTHER copy for him. :/ (but that was easily solved by the thought of "buy the games we both want on the PS3")

But even then, Fear 3 has shown me that even that's gonna disappear eventually. Who's smart ass idea was it to put a Steam copy on a disk?

But other than that I prefer steam because of no product keys and downloadable to any computer. If that's honestly how those guys think then god forbid they graduate.

Retired Forum Moderator

I was originally a console-only gamer, but as of late I've been delving more into PC games (hence my love for HL and FM) and I have to say I advise those two to stfu.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I happen to like my boxed copies of games (I like how they sit on my shelf), but have nothing against Steam at all. Eventually, sad as it may be (for me), boxed copies of games will eventually vanish from the shelves of stores. I'll still have my boxed copies though. :D

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."