Anti-natalism

Sign in to follow this  

Okay i'm back, so i figured i would stop lurking and post something. Can't quite remember if there was already a thread about this before but w/e. Anyways, i recently heard about the anti-natalist debate and haven't really gotten into it, was hoping you guys could shed some light and if there was an anti-natalist here that would be even better. So far, the only point for anti-natalism i've heard is that life is an imposition, or something along those lines... Help me out here guys.

That would probly fall under the abortion thread... It's not exactly the same, but so similar to the actual discussion there as to make it fit.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

From what I understand from Wikipedia, they just don't think we should have babies--they think that our moral imperative is not to have babies.

WHERE CAN I SIGN UP?

No, just kidding. There's a difference between not liking babies and thinking that people who have babies our immoral. I believe that you have no obligation to sacrifice yourself to the human race. It's true that for many people, having a baby would be self-sacrifice. For others, it would be self-sacrifice to not have a baby. The antinatalists are opposed to both parties having babies. I don't think a human should live for the collective--they should live for themselves; it seems that the antinatalists are thinking more about the collective than the individual. Thus, I guess I oppose them.

Ugh, it's too late for philosophy. I'm going to go play Viva Piñata.

Wait THAT'S what anti-natalism is? WTF is wrong with people. Look, 9 times out of 10, it's some jagoff getting knocked up because she was too stupid to use protection. The rest are people who WANT the child, which wouldn't be living for the good of mankind, it'd be living for oneself's goal of starting a family. (or various other reasons) And either way, who gave these assholes the right to judge our 'moral imperative'? I think I'll decide that thank you very much.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.