Starcraft 2

Sign in to follow this  

One question. Is this expansion (Heart of the Swarm) going to be continuing on from Wings Of Liberty or is it going to be the same story just from Kerrigan's point of view? I'm just not sure so if someone knows that would be nice to know.

Im a helpful person :D if you want to contact me or wanna do some games then add them...

Skype-benny_v.t7

Steam-bvant6

I think it's a continuation. I somehow get the feeling the last game wasn't the end of kerrigan as we knew her.

Retired Forum Moderator

I think it's a continuation. I somehow get the feeling the last game wasn't the end of kerrigan as we knew her.

Well i was watching the Heart of the Swarm video and looks like it is a continuation of the last game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG_3R9BoVvg

Im a helpful person :D if you want to contact me or wanna do some games then add them...

Skype-benny_v.t7

Steam-bvant6

It's a continuation of the storyline (but you play as the Zerg rather than the Terrans, although there may be the odd exception like in Wings of Liberty), but stand-alone with separate multiplayer to Wings of Liberty with the introduction of new units and abilities such as (respectively) the replicant and the ability for burrowed banelings to move (a hive-tech upgrade).

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

YAY!!! Finally able to make burrowed things move!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Roaches could already do this. But banelings...oh the banelings...

Roaches could already do this. But banelings...oh the banelings...

Im sure that will be removed or nerfed some how because when you think about that its kind of OP.

Skype-benny_v.t7

Steam-bvant6

It'd be just having minefields that can get up and move somewhere else by themselves.

Read this a couple of days ago, it seems two of the units coming for Heart of the Swarm, the Replicant and the Shredder won't be in Heart of the Swarm's multiplayer anymore. I don't know about single player.

Apparently the Replicant served to actually remove diversity from the multiplayer as opponent's of players using it would avoid building certain units so that they couldn't be replicated.

For those interested you can read more here:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/4833874/Developer_Update_Heart_of_the_Swarm_Multiplayer-4_12_2012#blog

I understand their reasons, but I will miss the Replicant, I thought the idea was pretty cool. :P

Read this a couple of days ago, it seems two of the units coming for Heart of the Swarm, the Replicant and the Shredder won't be in Heart of the Swarm's multiplayer anymore. I don't know about single player.

Apparently the Replicant served to actually remove diversity from the multiplayer as opponent's of players using it would avoid building certain units so that they couldn't be replicated.

For those interested you can read more here:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/4833874/Developer_Update_Heart_of_the_Swarm_Multiplayer-4_12_2012#blog

I understand their reasons, but I will miss the Replicant, I thought the idea was pretty cool. :P

Yes I read this and as I am a Protoss player I was looking forward to the Replicant, but that's a good reason why they removed it I must say.

Skype-benny_v.t7

Steam-bvant6

Ah, StarCraft 2, my favourite RTS of all time. I play as Terrans, just because I love their play style and MARAUDERS! I dunno what it is about those guys, but I just love 'em. I use them in every game, usually as part of MMM.

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3