recording settings help.

Sign in to follow this  

so, in a while i'm making a sort of vocals demo track to prove a point to someone(nevermind the point) i'm using Audacity as a recorder, what settings do you guys think i should use for the best demo?

i'm probably going to use slight reverb, i'm not sure yet...i'm doing the song "take me away" by Globus if that helps.

i'm using a Rock Band mic( :lol:), and i have a factory sound card for the 32-bit windows vista home premium edition...

i looked most stuff up on google, but i can't understand half of it, and alot of it doesn't help this particular song :/

if you guys know of any settings that will make any demo sound good then share that too :)

Thanks for any help guys

(btw, i wasn't %100 sure where to post this, so i felt that "computer hardware" was good so people would take it seriously..if any mods think it should belong somewhere else, let me know please :))

yup, i know :/ it's much better than the turtle beach headset mic i have, i tried recording on that... i never loved my RB mic more. XD

edit: well, i installed Adobe Audition, i'm gonna play around with that for awhile. :)