Dexter

Sign in to follow this  

Anybody else exited about the 6th season?

Today Showtime posted a ''look-ahead'' of the new season on the Dexter facebook page. Here it is:

M2C5x7UQNHo

For those who haven't watched I highly recommend this series, here's a short resumé of the plot brought to you by Wikipedia.

''exter is an American television drama series that centers on Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall), a bloodstain pattern analyst for the Miami Metro Police Department who moonlights as a serial killer. The show debuted on October 1, 2006, on Showtime and the sixth season premiered on October 2, 2011. Set in Miami, the show's first season was largely based on the novel Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay, the first of his series of Dexter novels. Subsequent seasons have evolved independently of Lindsay's works. It was adapted for television by screenwriter James Manos, Jr., who wrote the first episode.

Dexter structures his killing around "Harry's code", a body of ethics and procedures devised by his adoptive father Harry Morgan (who was a Miami cop) to make sure Dexter never gets caught and to ensure that Dexter kills only morally wrong people. Harry also trained Dexter in how to interact convincingly with other people despite his dissociative mental illness, which Harry believed to be psychopathy, arising from Dexter witnessing the brutal murder of his biological mother, Laura Moser. As an adult, Dexter has largely escaped suspicion (with some exceptions) by being genial and generous and maintaining generally superficial relationships. However, his attachment to his foster (and ultimately adoptive) sister, Debra, his girlfriend (later wife), Rita, his stepchildren, Astor and Cody, and later his biological son, Harrison, have all complicated his double life and made him question his need to kill. In fact, in the first season, his relationship with Rita set in motion the slow but steady humanization of Dexter, progressing further with each season, as Dexter begins to experience a variety of emotions for the first time in decades.''

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

The 6th season has already started... I've seen the first episode... Not that it's started in England, but I'm not going to wait the 2+ years it takes them to start it here just for mere legallity!

The 6th season has already started... I've seen the first episode... Not that it's started in England, but I'm not going to wait the 2+ years it takes them to start it here just for mere legallity!

I'm at 76.3% of the 2nd one as we post :P. Here in Costa Rica the closest I can get is Season 4 on FX (Fox Network).

I didn't want Lumen to go ):

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I'm at 76.3% of the 2nd one as we post :P. Here in Costa Rica the closest I can get is Season 4 on FX (Fox Network).

Ugh Lumen... Something about her really bothered me. I don't know what, but something. I was glad when she was gone.

Ugh Lumen... Something about her really bothered me. I don't know what, but something. I was glad when she was gone.

I'll second that... now, a moment of silence whilst I play "Want You Gone" in honor of her timely departure...

Also, just watched the first two episodes of season 6 today... it's off to a good start, I think. I won't say anything other than that regarding the show so it won't be spoiled for those who haven't seen them but want to eventually.