Soundtrack update

Sign in to follow this  

Since I made the last post I've received over a dozen offers from different composers, many of which sound very promising. I think the episode is going to turn out great with the current roster of people helping on the music end now. I kind of wish it didn't have to be a competition for the lead slot of each scene, but maybe I can have some honorary mentions afterwards or something.

Anyway, I wanted to say that while I don't know who will be composing what yet, based on the past work alone sent to me by composers, I think we'll be covered for composing help. If you haven't already contacted me, but are really keen on contributing, you can still email me and I'll consider your music with the rest of the running, just don't feel obligated now, I'm sure the episode will end up having great music.

EDIT:

In the interest of getting the episode done on time, I think I'm going to have to close the door for new composers emailing me, because I'm spending too much time on email and not enough getting the footage completed. I believe I've replied to everyone offering to compose music, so everything should be underway music-wise.

As much as I know it won't happen, but I would love it if you could get it done by Saturday, it's my birthday you see.

Also, your keeping your promise the episode is coming out in Halloween! just not the Halloween you originally planned

I love how there is a little sliver of music done for part three. I imagine that music clip is less than 5 seconds long. Kind of like a 'BUM BUM BUUUUUUM!' moment or something.

Yeah, probably something to do with the monkeys...

I'm a bit worried though, about that big nasty red gash near the end of part one. Maybe Ross could pull a "Planet Terror" and put a "Missing Footage" sign there or something.

I am actually quite anxious to see "The Tunnel"; its been quite a while since we had Civil Protection, and it would be a shame if all Ross ever did was Freeman's Mind (and yes, I'm quite anxious to get more of that as well), since he is a very talented, and obviously wants to expand beyond current work.

Good to hear of progresss, albeit a slow one; that's still better than what Valve is doing with Episode 3!

I used source face poser before briefly. Its a dam long process just to come up with one good speech from a character (including the animation to go with it and custom animation takes even longer) if Dave and Mike had faces instead of masks, it would have to be animated and it would probably take even longer to make the tunnel.

I think ross is patient with it all becuase its not easy to use source, however it depends on how easy/hard ross finds it.

Ross are you hitting less walls now? Now that you got some great music and have had a long ass time to work on it, is the first part at very least will be given out by Nov?

And yes I am not being sarcastic.

I've updated it, but there's not a lot of difference since most of what I've been working on is animation. I'll be filming more today so you'll see more visible progress soon.