Finding scientific journal articles....

Sign in to follow this  

Okay, so it's dissertation time for me in my final year of University. Rather than focus on something game related I decided I'd do something more AI oriented. Anyway, long story short I've been trying to find scientific journal articles on electronic text analysis, or text analysis using AI. Problem: FINDING THESE THINGS IS HARD.

Seriously, it's starting to frustrate me somewhat. So I'm wondering if anyone 'out there' knows of any source of free journal articles online that may contain articles of relevance to me and so on. Or maybe not, but it seemed like something worth asking here as someone may have some idea of where I can look. Also the University's system for accessing scientific journal articles appears to be less-than-brilliant (and I will be speaking to my project supervisor about this at the next available opportunity).

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

The only ones I've ever come across were extremely unobtrusive, and never seem to show up on Google searches. Last time I tried, I ended up having to wade through a hundred pages of "the new Skynet" or "oh no, it could become the Borg" shit just to find one mediocre page with lots of broken links that after going through a chain of about 20 links, I finally found a decent paper on the subject.

In short, good luck... You're gonna need it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I've also had this problem in the past, and it's exactly like Mr. Norris above me said, they never show up on google searches. I've used this myself with some success, and I've heard good things about these as well.

However, I've never researched AI type things specifically, so I'm not too sure about the best place to look, hopefully one of those sites will have what you're looking for.