Tony Hawk's Pro Skater: HD (PC) rant/review

Sign in to follow this  

Hey guys, so, as many of you might not know, I've been a fan of the Tony Hawk games, and like many my love for the series started to go down around THUG2, although the last one I played was Proving Ground. Years later, I heard about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater: HD, which from the title alone, I thought it was going to be just that, the first Tony Hawk's game with Next Gen graphics, boy was I wrong. Turns out the game uses at most 2 songs from THPS, and the rest from THPS2, and if I'm not mistaken 3 of the 7 levels are from THPS, whereas the rest are from, you guessed it THPS2.

Now I'm not saying this is bad, I like the fact that they merged two games into one, but at the same time it's a bit lazy imo. That said, the merger isn't the laziest thing with this game. Oh no, the laziest thing is the options section. The only thing you can edit are your tricks, (although it costs ingame money to buy new tricks) Music volume, and SFX volume. That's it, you can't create your own character, you can't build your own maps, you can't even rebind the keys (well there is a way to do so but you have to jump through hoops just to do so, along with changing the graphical settings). You can't even change the songs, and imo the only one worth listening to is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeNKhm09Q88

The default controls are wasd for movement, space for ollie, , for flip tricks, . for grind/lip, and / for grab tricks. Good luck getting used to those controls. Although if you have a x-box 360 controller (guess which system this game was poorly ported from) then you can use that, no other controller works. Now I've read there are workarounds for this, like x360ce, but I've had no luck with that. Oh and let's not forget that there's no Multiplayer.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Something similar happened to me recently. The last spyro game I've ever play was Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage. So out of the blue I decided to research on wikipedia what the newest spyro game was, Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. I looked at some of the sales on the wiki page and such and thought "wow this game is really successful". So I popped on over to youtube to see if I can't find a trailer for it. I did find one. I have never felt this depressed over the topic of video games.

I'm not going to embed the video but I will post a link to the trailer.

Watch at your own risk! You may end up feeling depressed too after watching this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuRQMmjLc5A