Heartless' Game Review: Stranded II

Sign in to follow this  

Hey guys, my name is Ecorp99, but you can call me Spicy Night Owl or Sno if you'd like. Recently, I've been going by Heartless in video games, and I've been playing video games for a long time, since I was 3. Because of all this and my increasing boredom and wanting to do more on the forum, I'm going to start doing game reviews! Let's begin, shall we?

-----------------------------

Stranded II, or S2, is a wilderness survival game, and one of the best in it's genre. It's made by Unreal Software, an independent game develepor. The game has two modes of gameplay, modding capabilities, an ingame map editor, and is open source. The Adventure Mode puts you on a yacht as a millionaire. Everything goes smoothly until the boat drifts into a storm and is struck by lightning. You become stranded on an island, as the name implies, but as you survive on the island, not all is what it seems, and you're adventure has just begun. The Freeplay Mode lets you survive on a randomly generated island, though you do get to set the size and climate of the island, as well as the difficulty. The files of the game are made to be easily modified and the ingame map editor is easy to use as well, allowing endless customizations, even more so with the release of the source.

-----------------------------

I love the customizabilty of the game. If you get bored with the island you're on, you can download a mod or two and have even more fun, or play a few custom maps. The expandability is endless, especially with the release of the source code. I've always wanted a realistic and well made wilderness survival game, but everytime I tried to find one, horror survival games would pop up. S2 was like finding an oasis in the desert. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay is spectacular. I love it.

----------------------------

Though the game is great, the story gets unrealistic and utterly ridiculous later on, but I won't give any spoilers. Also, the game gets boring pretty fast on it's own and it soon becomes a build-a-better-fortress type of game. Thankfully, mods and maps always keep it interesting. Other than that, I don't have any problems with the game.

Ratings time!

Graphics - 3.5/5

Story - 3/5

Gameplay - 4.5/5

Replay Value - 5/5

Final Rating - 4/5

Heartless Score - A

Hope you liked the review guys! I'm open to criticism. Let me know what you think! This is actually the second time I've reviewed this game, the original is actually at the original forum for the game. The website for this game is http://www.unrealsoftware.de and I encourage you to play it for yourselves. That's it for this review. Looking forward to the next one!

All of those problems will be solved once I get a computer. Mine fried and I'm in the process of getting another.

Yes ma'am, all on my phone and thank you! I'll probably post a review every Wednesday. I'll see what I can do about the pictures and length until then. Looking forward to the next review on...Review Wednesday? That has a nice ring to it, don't you think? :D