Game pitch!

Sign in to follow this  

(This game is pretty simple. First person comes up with a pitch or as much as a synopsis for a game. Second person gives it a title, then gives it a review. Second person makes their own, and the process begins anew. And try to be unique!)

In the temperate rainforests of Washington state, mysterious creatures lurk hidden within the fog. The children of the forest have long lived hidden, in fear of man, and for good reason. Men in black suits come into the forest to steal away the inhabitants, who never return. The children have known this fear their whole lives, but no more.

A young naga girl is discovered by a human boy, and despite knowing the risk she can't help her feelings for him. Upon hearing that his people don't even know they exist, she realizes that only a few are responsible for the terror brought upon her people, and together with her friends they decide to seek the truth behind the abductions! Play as six adorable characters, alone or with a partner, as you sneak, fight, think and navigate your way through diverse areas ranging from foggy temperate rainforest to secret military basis and alien spaceships! Between missions, return home to heal, play minigames and interact with your teammates! Level up to increase your tiny characters' unique abilities, upgrade your home and meet new allies along the way to bringing an interstellar conspiracy to light!

(Okay. Now that there's a mock game pitch, the second person needs to give the game a title and a mock review. Assume the game was handled by a good team. After that, do your own for the next person to title and review.)

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Great Naga Escape.

8/10

It was way too over exaggerated on the cute factor, and the gameplay itself was pretty bland. Everything else was fairly good.

The Year is 1945. The Empire of Japan has refused to surrender even in the wake of two atomic bombs, and has suffered several more, as well as an invasion of the Home Islands itself.

You play as either a Japanese or American soldier in realistic conditions, with food meters and blood meters, as well as sanity meters. The goal is fairly simple: survive until death or until the historic Campaign ends in victory...or defeat. The game is multiplayer compatible and is freely modifiable.

(Intended post for

Seattleite)

Naga Shadow is a fun game for the whole family from the creative mind of Tim Chauffeur, who's also brought us games like Psycho-Nuts, Grin Mango, and Wicked Myth. Everything's great about this game from the dialog to the music. I easily give this game 4 out of 4 stars.

(review of Pest's game)

Soldiers Of Survival (S.O.S.)

Another perma-death survival game. It does the job well, but offers nothing new, 3 out of 4.

(my game pitch/synopsis thing)

You are one of two top Ninjas in your clan, you've mastered water running, wall running, dragon fire, and many more techniques, even one of the few forbidden techniques, behind your master's back. It's inauguration day for you and the other top student, giving you permission for the highest ranking missions, and the ability to start your own clan if you want. However, in the middle of your inauguration, a rival clan has declared war by killing your master, and blowing up your ninja dojo. Now it's up to you and your partner, in a drop in/out co-op, to sneak around and end this war.

Edit: Dammit Pest! Why must you be such a pest?! (I keed). I'm keeping my original review and title up, because reasons.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

(Oh, come on guys! These are supposed to be positive! Two straight negative reviews in a row is just not following the rules. I call re-do! Re-do!)

(Oh, and Ninja, is the Star Wars reference intentional? Naga Shadow/Naga Sadow?)

(Ninja, Pest says to pretend he never posted. He's no good at this and wants to opt out.)

Occam's Shuriken

Another game falsely portraying ninjas as warrior-assassins seemed uninspired at first, but boy was I surprised when I actually played it. The game allows for all the classic movie-style ninja moves, you can charge into a room and clear it out with swords and fancy martial arts moves with some difficulty and the combat mechanics are pretty solid, but when you choose to act like a ninja the game really comes alive. Light level, concealment, disguises, the stealth system is beautiful and the AI is finely tuned to the task. I thoroughly enjoyed the stealth mechanics, and was pleased to find the game rewarding me for it. In single-player got through the game on the highest difficulty without killing anyone but my targets, and when co-op time came I had a fun time taking the bloody route. It could have used some better stealth co-op, but even without it this game is solid. Four stars.

Anyway, now for my post:

The year is 1945. Abducted right out of the fields of the second world war, six soldiers and six civilians find themselves aboard an alien spaceship. Enclosed together, they get to know eachother and begin to doubt their beliefs. When the ship crashes on an alien world, they decide to work together for now to find a way back home. Play as twelve distinct characters in a colourful alien world, learn to survive as you desperately search for a way back. Investigate the aliens who abducted you as you explore the world you crashed upon. Learn the stories of the men, women and children abducted and learn to understand history's greatest tragedy from the perspectives of people on all sides. Come to understand your new companions and wonder: Do you really want to go back?

(Yes, yes it is, and I'm kinda shocked you didn't call me out on my other references, also, I'd think it would be more fun if the reviews could be positive, negative, or neutral, instead of all positive)

Lost Civilians, brought to you by Snowstorm Entertainment is a fun puzzle game for the whole family! At the start, you pick three characters to control, each with unique abilities, like one can double jump to get to those hard to reach places, where as another is a fast runner who can get out of tough situations quickly. There's a lot of replayability with the different characters, abilities, and endings, depending on who you choose. I can, with out a doubt, give this a 4 out of 4.

Eight would be heros are on an epic journey to save the world, in this epic action RPG. Join Vivilece, who's out for revenge to get the one who killed his brother, soon finds him with a group of strangers who've uncovered something huge with connections to Xander.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

(Specifying genres in your posts might be helpful in the future, I think. Should reduce the incongruity of some of these reviews, although it might not affect the differences in intended tone. Like, I probably didn't guess the right tone for your ninja game, and I don't think a game that explores the tragedy of World War II through its characters' backstories could be classified as a family game. And yes, I got the Tim Schafer references, I just only brought up the Star Wars reference because I couldn't be sure it was intentional.)

(And how about this, if you want to allow negative reviews: Use reviews to reinforce the "Be original!" rule. The more original or creative a game pitch is, the more positive the review. Maybe also tie the review's length to the length of the pitch, so a longer, more detailed pitch means a longer, more detailed review.)

(And... I don't have enough to go on here. Two lines just isn't enough to tell anything about a game. I don't know who Vivilence is, or what Xander is, or any of that. So I can't really write much of a review with no information. This is all I can do, unless you go back and lengthen the pitch, of course.)

Vigilance of Vivilance:

A good indie RPG with a solid, fast-paced combat system if not much development plot-wise. I liked the gameplay and I had hopes for the way the story was going. I just wished there was more of it. Definitely worth the $10 bucks the Escapist p... I mean, I paid for it. Three stars.

Now for mine:

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

You wake up at the top of a set of great stairs in a black hallway. There's a door next to you, sealed shut. A pedestal sits in front of it, with a sphere of jet hovering over the slot in the pedestal. As you approach, the sphere floats up away from you, as you chase it down the stairs and out the tower's door it flies out into the world. You see a town before you, your home town, but the tower is new and couldn't have arisen while you were sleeping. Something seems strange, there's no people, and it's like the tower's the only thing that's real. You decide to go home, and find your house empty. Strange at your age, and at this time of day. Your family's stuff is in the same place, there's signs of them all around, but they're not there. After some time alone, you remember the jet sphere and seek it out, hoping you'll find out what happened to your family, but what you really find out is what happened to you.

Along the course of your adventure, you explore five versions of your home town in search of spheres of jet, ruby, emerald, sapphire and diamond. One the same as always but not quite right, one a burning and contested by war, one captured by the enemy, one a burnt and destroyed ruin, and one long dead with new life growing in. Fight off enemies, solve puzzles and uncover clues and memories in this action RPG, your powers growing as you progress further up the tower. Fight humanoid bosses for each sphere, each more distinctly you than the last. Find out what really happened to you as you deny the truth, strike out in rage, bargain in vain, slip into depression, and finally accept the reality of what happened to you. Return the last sphere to its pedestal, and pass through the final door.

(Bonus points for figuring out what the game's really about.)