Android Vulnerabilities

Sign in to follow this  

This thread is for informing of new vulnerabilities, known fixes, or information pertaining to known Android vulnerabilities.

I'll start off... There is a spam e-mail going around sending an MMS that is designed to exploit one of the Mediaserver vulnerabilities, (probably this one) it's coming from [email protected]. If you get this, DO NOT OPEN IT! Also, do not delete it, as it needs to be reported to your carrier so they have a reason to push a fix to your phone.

As a stopgap fix, you should disable automatic downloading/retrieval of MMS messages in whatever app you use for texting, (here's how to do it in the default Android text messaging app) and install a firewall. I personally recommend NoRootFirewall. (it doesn't require rooting of your phone, can be set to run at boot, is very customizable, and it's completely free)

Also, beware of a new AudioEffect vulnerability... (information found here) No name for it yet, but I'm sure they'll come up with one soon.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.