Motion Blur?

Sign in to follow this  

Hello, everyone.

I've been a huge fan of Freeman's Mind / Civil Protection ever since I first stumbled upon the series back in 2007/08. Over the years, I've felt compelled to create a Machinima series of my own. I've had a few attempts at test videos, and they look decent - to say the most.

But, I'm not as experienced when it comes to video game web series, and I was hoping I could get some assistance with a little video effect I've been wanting to replicate. You see, I'm doing a Machinima series in Black Mesa - akin to Freeman's Mind. So... a mind series in Black Mesa, basically. I'll share the first few episodes when they come out. Been wanting to do this for quite a while.

Anyways, as the title says, I need help when it comes to motion blur. I'm not as technical as Ross is, so I'm basically clueless as to when it comes to recording at 180FPS/using scripts to smooth out motion/etc. I was just hoping if anyone could help me on creating an effect similar to the motion blur seen in Freeman's Mind, or just suggest ways of creating said effect.

Thanks.

Motion blur is just taking two sequential frames, and blending them together... Most programs will do it for you without any advanced input from you, it's usually just a small checkbox or option box.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.