Guild Wars 2

Sign in to follow this  

So I've been really enjoying playing Guild Wars 2 lately. I love all the nifty little features like not having to go to individual NPCs for quests, the seamless combat and not having to use mounts to go faster just to name a few. honestly it feels very clean and slick to pickup and play. The only thing I really don't like about is the crafting system. Now don't get me wrong it's unique but it also takes forever to get the best gear which as far as I know is through crafting. What are your thoughts on it guys?

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

I wish I could play it but my account is being weird. :cry:

It asks for a verification of the new IP address it's on, and I go to my email, but there's nothing there... So it won't let me play...

It's fucking amazing though, and I'm pissed I can't play it.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I wish I could play it but my account is being weird. :cry:

It asks for a verification of the new IP address it's on, and I go to my email, but there's nothing there... So it won't let me play...

It's fucking amazing though, and I'm pissed I can't play it.

Does your email automaticly delete spam from blacklisted addresses? Someone mentioned here that this can happen to GW2 authentication mail.

. I would keep in mind that it is from two years ago. But it seems similar to what you're describing.
Some e-mail providers automatically delete spam mail from blacklisted addresses, and for whatever reason the GW2 authentication mail falls victim to this - the mail simply won't be delivered if your e-mail account's with the wrong provider. When it happened to me, I had to go through support to change my registered e-mail address to something that wouldn't block the GW2 auth mail - this process took a little while because I got template replies, though.

It's impossible to change your registered e-mail address without going through support, and they'll want to make sure you're actually the account owner when you do it - they'll ask for thing like your serial code, a rough date of when you made your account, character names, to prove you're the account owner. When I changed my address, a new gmail account worked and gets authentication emails properly.

If you still have your serial code, it's a relatively simple process to deactivate e-mail authentication temporarily when you want to log in. There should be a link to the page for it somewhere in the support system's FAQs for "problems with authentication". I'd advise turning authentication back on after you're logged in, which can be done from the security settings of your account when you log in to the forums.

I've also heard that updating your account to use authentication might fix this issue too. https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/95446157-Securing-Your-Account-With-Authentication . Though I'm not entirely sure on that method. I would try the first method I mentioned first.

@Heliocentral: I've tried a lot of suggested fixes but nothing seemed to work. I've finally sent a ticket to Guild Wars support... and hopefully should get a response soon!

In other topic related things: What's your favourite race and profession? :D

I love the Charr... the little Cubs are soooo adorable!! And as for profession, either Ranger or Thief. I'm always a sucker for light and quick, so shooting things from a distance with a long bow, or dashing around with a pair of knives so fast that you're avoidable to anything and everything that comes swinging at ya, that's pure fun for me. :D Once I get my account fixed, you bet your ass I'm posting pictures of my character here cause she is beeaaauuutiful!! :D

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

@Heliocentral: I've tried a lot of suggested fixes but nothing seemed to work. I've finally sent a ticket to Guild Wars support... and hopefully should get a response soon!

In other topic related things: What's your favourite race and profession? :D

I love the Charr... the little Cubs are soooo adorable!! And as for profession, either Ranger or Thief. I'm always a sucker for light and quick, so shooting things from a distance with a long bow, or dashing around with a pair of knives so fast that you're avoidable to anything and everything that comes swinging at ya, that's pure fun for me. :D Once I get my account fixed, you bet your ass I'm posting pictures of my character here cause she is beeaaauuutiful!! :D

I hope you get your account back. My favorite race is Charr as well :D . They're giant cats with horns and warmachines. How could they not be my favorite race? I made all of my characters Charr. I think the Charr overshadow a lot of the other races. But I'm totally fine with that due to how awesome the Charr are. Out of all the races you can pick human, taller human, a half human/ half plant, a short imp with floppy ears or a GIANT CAT WITH HORNS. As for Professions it's a three way tie between Engineer, Necromancer and Thief for me. Out of all of the professions to that I could play those three professions are the ones that I had the most fun with. I still haven't gotten the Heart of Thorns expansion pack so I don't know how the Revenant plays. But judging by couple of Revenant gameplay videos I've watched I will probably like the playing the Revenant too once I get the expansion pack.

I've been so out of touch from Guild Wars 2, it's insane. Someone's gonna have to fill me in on the Heart of Thorns expansion pack. What is it? What's it do? I'm serious, I've been away from it for so long... I literally just found out today that it's free to play. >.> Wooops! :D Problem I have with Guild Wars 2 though, is that if I try to play Guild Wars 1, I get frustrated because I keep trying to jump. XD I love the mobility freedom you get in Guild Wars 2. People who skip Guild Wars 1 take the movement for granted. This new feature was like... going from a toddler crawl to a full on sprint - awesome. But Guild Wars 1 still has a special place in my heart. :D

And yes, totally agree... Giant cat with horns. Fucking awesome. They're just... awesome. XP

-------

I never played GW1. I started with GW2 since I wasn't a fan of the subscription based model. I missed out on a lot of the forefathers of MMOs because of this. I thought GW2's business model was pretty fair. Pay what you want and own it forever. I'm glad the subscription based model died off because that means I get to play awesome games for free. I'm currently playing 3 MMOs right now. GW2, Warframe and Skyforge. Once Ross finalizes when the PlanetSide 2 meetup is happening I'll get a PlanetSide 2 account and then I'll be bumped up to 4 MMOs.

All you need to know about Guild Wars 1... There's no underwater terrain. So many invisible walls (so god damn many). No physics = no fall damage, no jumping. No movement whilst spell casting otherwise the spell is interrupted. However, you could cast fireballs out of your sword as a mage and I think that just balances everything out. XD

EDIT: Elementalist** OMG. Been playing too much Hearthstone lately. Mage, pffft.

-------

All you need to know about Guild Wars 1... There's no underwater terrain. So many invisible walls (so god damn many). No physics = no fall damage, no jumping. No movement whilst spell casting otherwise the spell is interrupted. However, you could cast fireballs out of your sword as a mage and I think that just balances everything out. XD

EDIT: Elementalist** OMG. Been playing too much Hearthstone lately. Mage, pffft.

I have the same problem. I would refer to professions as classes, crafting as skills and skills as powers. I wonder why GW2 names them this way. They do refer to the exact same things. I guess GW2 wanted to rebel against tradition 8-) . It becomes quite a pain when I have to google these things since I always google them as the other thing I refer to them as and not what they're actually called. BTW what level are your characters? Mine are all around level 30. I've been trying to keep both their levels and crafting at the same pace which is quite difficult since you can easily exceed your crafting's level. I really wish GW2 didn't had a crafting system and just gave you the best gear from boss drops or something else. Crafting is quite draconian, really grindy and very boring for me.

Ah, well... one thing to know about me, is that I prefer appearance over performance. XP (Not when it comes to my fucking FPS though). So, all my weapons are probably weaker than the average of my level, buuut, they look sick as fuck - I don't even know where to find better weapons anyway, and crafting has never really been my thing in any game.

I kinda like Guild Wars' rebellious nature though. :P Gives it character.

Anyway, guuuuesss whhaaat!! I got my account back! YUS! :D My wittle baby girl, look at her!!

http://imgur.com/a/2C5Fi

Isn't she da most adowable fwing? <3 XP Also, check out these sick as weapons. Aren't they fucking beast?

http://imgur.com/a/MBLwF

And there's also my pet that I named from "Juvenile Whiptail Devourer" to just "Whiptail Devourer" X3 Cause I love Whiptail Devourers. :D

But yeah, level 69 for my Charr Ranger. I also have a Human Thief, level 16. :3 I love this game. I can't wait to get back into it!! You gotta give me a character or account name or something so I can add you - for fun. :P If you want anyway.

-------

Ah, well... one thing to know about me, is that I prefer appearance over performance. XP (Not when it comes to my fucking FPS though). So, all my weapons are probably weaker than the average of my level, buuut, they look sick as fuck - I don't even know where to find better weapons anyway, and crafting has never really been my thing in any game.

I kinda like Guild Wars' rebellious nature though. :P Gives it character.

Anyway, guuuuesss whhaaat!! I got my account back! YUS! :D My wittle baby girl, look at her!!

http://imgur.com/a/2C5Fi

Isn't she da most adowable fwing? <3 XP Also, check out these sick as weapons. Aren't they fucking beast?

http://imgur.com/a/MBLwF

And there's also my pet that I named from "Juvenile Whiptail Devourer" to just "Whiptail Devourer" X3 Cause I love Whiptail Devourers. :D

But yeah, level 69 for my Charr Ranger. I also have a Human Thief, level 16. :3 I love this game. I can't wait to get back into it!! You gotta give me a character or account name or something so I can add you - for fun. :P If you want anyway.

Congrats on getting your account back. It seems like we differ in level quite a bit considering I have 3 level 30s and you have a level 69 and a level 16. I do have a level 12 elementalist. What would you rather do get your level 16 to level 30 and join my mains or shall I get my level 12 to level 16? We could also create all new characters. What would you like to do? Which server do you play on?

Oh shit. Forgot about the server thing. :S Oof. That might be difficult to get around. Dammit. Maguuma is the server I play on. Do you play it with anyone else? Cause you might be able to get away with a server change for free if it's your first change. I THINK. But that's if you want to. :P If you have other friends on your server, don't bother, I say.

If we can figure out something, I wouldn't mind actually playing with one of your level 30 characters using my level 69 charr. I'm trying to explore every nook and cranny of the world so I gotta do a lot of this grinding in low level areas dealio. :3

-------

Oh shit. Forgot about the server thing. :S Oof. That might be difficult to get around. Dammit. Maguuma is the server I play on. Do you play it with anyone else? Cause you might be able to get away with a server change for free if it's your first change. I THINK. But that's if you want to. :P If you have other friends on your server, don't bother, I say.

If we can figure out something, I wouldn't mind actually playing with one of your level 30 characters using my level 69 charr. I'm trying to explore every nook and cranny of the world so I gotta do a lot of this grinding in low level areas dealio. :3

I think either one of us can guest host in the other's server. That what I did with my friends who were on different servers than I. Let me know what low level areas you haven't done that are around level 30 and I'll join you on one of my level 30s.

Ah man, I almost forgot I have to leave for work pretty soon. Tell you what I'll PM you once I can play.

Oh, nevermind!

Since the April 2014 Feature Pack, all servers are linked together with a megaserver. If you have a friend, they should be in the same map that you are in, regardless if you are in another server or not. However, you will not be able to play WvW with them if you are on different servers; the rest of the game can be completed together without being on the same server.

This is a thing apparently? :3 So that's all good then. No server changes required, hooray! Have you bought the game, or you playing the Free to play version? I think that's how it works now. Geez, I've been away from this game for far too long. XD

Looking at my map... the areas that are level 0-40 that I have unexplored is... Brisban Wildlands and Fields of Ruin. If you don't have any characters around these parts, that's cool. :D I don't mind going through places I've already been, and sometimes the game updates and adds a few features to already explored areas so it wouldn't hurt making sure I've got every single waypoint and point of interest discovered.

But damn... I really want to get that Heart of Thorns expansion pack now... XD

I dunno when we'd be able to play... since I'm actually going on a flight to LA in a bit. But we'll figure it out in PM's or something.

-------