REACT TO FINE BROS CONTROVERSY

Sign in to follow this  

UPDATE: A "magic link" -a clear explanation from a lawer who takes care of this case and helps channels that suffered:

Long story short, the FineBros had a "great" idea to copyright "reaction" videos on YouTube... like Sony tried with "Let's Play" name. Some Youtubers who post reaction videos already got copyright strikes.

A nice parody of the whole idea found itself on Reddit:

MrAMWtpJ19I

and here, their happy news: r2UqT6SZ7CU

I'm sure everyone were as joyful about this new manifestation of greed! :mrgreen:

The FineBros are losing subscribers very fast... the Internet has spoken.

Now... imagine Ross copyrighting the "mind" format :lol:

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Yeah... It's a total joke. I can't believe they think they can get away with it. I just found out recently that they're actually pretty terrible people overall, like with the whole Ellen ordeal with her showing kids old typewriters. I saw the screenshot of their facebook/twitter posts of them basically saying "Oh, you didn't include us? Wow, you stole our stuff!" I just don't get it.

EDIT: I also saw the reddit post that explained how they are going to lose their show that's on TruTV and that they are trying to save face by deleting a bunch of comments and the like ( or were, apparently that's over ) to keep subscribers and all that.

Thanks for the reply! I must say I've been getting asshole-ish vibes from them. Looks like it's true. and they dared to talk to Ellen like that? Oh my!

Also, here you can watch REAL-time Fine Bros subscription drop counter: http://www.livecounts.x10host.com/?channel=Fine%20Brothers%20Entertainment

In this case, it's a huge drop! And it updates every 5 seconds! I've never seen anything like this before!

The Fines Bros are assholes? :( But... they make such funny content...

That's depressing...

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

1st heard about that issue this morning through AlphaOmegaSin's videos:

ObI0eDa-P2U

I'm not a fan of reaction videos, but yeah, Fine Brothers fucked up big time with their asshole move.

Now... imagine Ross copyrighting the "mind" format :lol:

hmmm... reminds me of what I thought would happen if Machinima.com would copyright the word "machinima". I think heads will roll when that happens.

Btw, this counter updates by the second, if anyone likes to see a channel lose subs.

https://akshatmittal.com/youtube-realtime/#!/TheFineBros

Welp, now what?

YN-vhZoO7wM

This guy has a rather interesting perspective on it, considering both sides of the issue. I'm frankly a little scared of this idea myself as well because of the wording they use. I still feel AlphaOmegaSin raises stronger points, super passionate rant aside.

Though, admittedly, I can't get over how the Fine Bro on the left(lol) looks like My old Senior Thesis instructor crossed with Steve Buscemi.

Retired Forum Moderator

I oppose any and all forms of copyright. In this day and age copyright does nothing but hurts our freedom of expression and any amount of leeway we give to the attempted manipulations of our freedom is a sin. As much as I would like to see less and less reaction videos being made copyright is an incredibly unjust way to go about it. People need to choose to leave the reaction format and let it die of their own accord for what I would like to see to be righteous.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Has anyone even seen their clarification video, which came out only hours later, and explained that they are NOT copyrighting reaction videos? They're just setting up a network, guys. Just like how TYT has copyrights on its network and format, but they didn't copyright news talk shows.

0t-vuI9vKfg

Funny how people love to get pissed off about things that ARE NOT HAPPENING, regardless of the facts. Finding any little way to twist somebody's words into something horrible because they fucking feel like it, or instantly buying into such a narrative the instant it's presented to them.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Has anyone even seen their clarification video, which came out only hours later, and explained that they are NOT copyrighting reaction videos? They're just setting up a network, guys. Just like how TYT has copyrights on its network and format, but they didn't copyright news talk shows.

0t-vuI9vKfg

Funny how people love to get pissed off about things that ARE NOT HAPPENING, regardless of the facts. Finding any little way to twist somebody's words into something horrible because they fucking feel like it, or instantly buying into such a narrative the instant it's presented to them.

I think you missed the important part when the various YouTube videos with a word "react" in their titles started being taken down with a sudden copyright claim out of nowhere...

Besides, their explanation is very vague and... honestly, look at their faces and tell me you believe them... :roll:

My personal impression is that they look tired, but also, their eyes are mostly empty, no passion and the guy wearing glasses looks like he has something mean on his mind. Not a sincere smile from any of them.

And now think about PewDiePie or Smosh. You may not like them, but they are pretty much honest people, even if you hate them :mrgreen:

0t-vuI9vKfg

I think you missed the important part when the various YouTube videos with a word "react" in their titles started being taken down with a sudden copyright claim out of nowhere...

Besides, their explanation is very vague and... honestly, look at their faces and tell me you believe them... :roll:

My personal impression is that they look tired, but also, their eyes are mostly empty, no passion and the guy wearing glasses looks like he has something mean on his mind. Not a sincere smile from any of them.

And now think about PewDiePie or Smosh. You may not like them, but they are pretty much honest people, even if you hate them :mrgreen:

Pretty much this. It's just them trying to save face. They're currently being sucked down the toilet and they're trying to save what little they can right now.

You people are unhelpable.

"But they look tired, therefore they're lying!"

They're just tired, alright. Probably also pissed off that people are intentionally misunderstanding something they have gone to great lengths to explain.

"But reaction videos are being taken down!"

THEY ARE ALWAYS BEING FUCKING TAKEN DOWN, they're ALREADY copyright infringement on the ORIGINAL videos. There isn't anything different new, people are just scapegoating the Finebros when they got caught fucking freebooting off of the videos they're "reacting" to.

Reaction videos are the scum of the fucking earth, and get rightly treated like it. They're freebooting off of other people's videos in order to get a share of the original video's views without having to do anything for it. Look at that cunt Jinx, for one great example. They get hit with copyright strikes ALL THE TIME, because they FUCKING DESERVE IT, and the only reason Finebros' videos don't get taken down as often is because they at least make sure to get permission from the original creators first. That does NOT mean Finebros is responsible for other people's "reactions" being taken down, they aren't the ones doing it. Finebros is just the newest scapegoat. Before this, it was Jacksfilms.

Well, if you refuse to consider the other sides of the situation, I suppose this link is relatively useless to you :

Well, if you refuse to consider the other sides of the situation, I suppose this link is relatively useless to you :

You people are OBJECTIVELY WRONG. I already explained HOW you are OBJECTIVELY WRONG, and you pick the one sentence at the beginning and act like that's all I had to say on the matter. (Thanks for proving that statement right, by the way.) YOU are the one not considering the "other side".

Again, this entire thing is COMPLETE BULLSHIT. It is MADE UP. The Finebros are just being scapegoated for copyright claims that were ALREADY HAPPENING, and have been for YEARS, by twisting something they said until it snapped, gluing it back together in a different order and twisting some more. Whiny little bitches like Jinx are complaining about getting copyright strikes when they ARE violating the copyrights of the original creators they're "reacting" to and freebooting off of their videos, and they're blaming whoever it's convenient to blame because they can't blame the actual, original creators they are stealing from. I saw this movie a couple months ago, only then it was Jacksfilms being blamed for all the copyright strikes.

As long as "reaction" videos are on the internet, they will be hit by copyright claims, because they ARE violating copyright, they ARE thieves, they ARE freebooters, and they DO deserve it. The only reason Finebros doesn't get hit with claims as often is because they ask permission first, and even then they DO get hit with copyright claims on a regular basis. They are NOT responsible for the copyright strikes happening right now anymore than Jacksfilms is responsible for the copyright strikes that were happening a few months ago, or the next scapegoat will be responsible for them in another few months.

You people are OBJECTIVELY WRONG. I already explained HOW you are OBJECTIVELY WRONG, and you pick the one sentence at the beginning and act like that's all I had to say on the matter. (Thanks for proving that statement right, by the way.) YOU are the one not considering the "other side".

Again, this entire thing is COMPLETE BULLSHIT. It is MADE UP. The Finebros are just being scapegoated for copyright claims that were ALREADY HAPPENING, and have been for YEARS, by twisting something they said until it snapped, gluing it back together in a different order and twisting some more. Whiny little bitches like Jinx are complaining about getting copyright strikes when they ARE violating the copyrights of the original creators they're "reacting" to and freebooting off of their videos, and they're blaming whoever it's convenient to blame because they can't blame the actual, original creators they are stealing from. I saw this movie a couple months ago, only then it was Jacksfilms being blamed for all the copyright strikes.

As long as "reaction" videos are on the internet, they will be hit by copyright claims, because they ARE violating copyright, they ARE thieves, they ARE freebooters, and they DO deserve it. The only reason Finebros doesn't get hit with claims as often is because they ask permission first, and even then they DO get hit with copyright claims on a regular basis. They are NOT responsible for the copyright strikes happening right now anymore than Jacksfilms is responsible for the copyright strikes that were happening a few months ago, or the next scapegoat will be responsible for them in another few months.

Incorrect. When I replied to your comment, that was the only sentence there. Besides, the issue is what the Finebros are doing as a whole (as there are a ton of "reaction videos" that aren't just "Ooh, watch me watch this video!" and actually contribute to the topic of the video). People like pyrocynical and the newly popular Leafyishere are good examples. They at least talk about the video and make jokes and side-notes/side-stories alongside a minority of their videos being the video they are reacting to, at the very most small clips from the videos being shown. They also show their own footage (e.g. CSGO surfing, footage of CSGO matches, CoD footage, etc.). "Reaction videos" is a very broad genre in any case.

EDIT: I also fail to see the objectivity of your post. Saying a genre is "the scum of the Earth" isn't objective, it's subjective. The same goes for calling the whole situation fake, which it is quite clear that it isn't. The Ellen "fiasco"(implying it didn't even blow up that much) was a real thing, as well as their TV show being a thing as well. There's a lot of people backing how illegitimate they have been in the past, as well.

Incorrect. When I replied to your comment, that was the only sentence there.

Unless you got there less than two minutes after I posted, which you didn't, that's a complete and barefaced lie. And oh, look at the timestamps.

Besides, the issue is what the Finebros are doing as a whole (as there are a ton of "reaction videos" that aren't just "Ooh, watch me watch this video!" and actually contribute to the topic of the video). People like pyrocynical and the newly popular Leafyishere are good examples. They at least talk about the video and make jokes and side-notes/side-stories alongside a minority of their videos being the video, at the very most small clips from the videos. They also show their own footage (e.g. CSGO surfing, footage of CSGO matches, CoD footage, etc.). "Reaction videos" is a very broad genre in any case.

And Finebros IS NOT FUCKING COPYRIGHTING THE FUCKING GENRE. They have explained exactly what they're ACTUALLY doing, and people like you are FLAT-OUT FUCKING IGNORING IT. The only "evidence" you sheeple have is "But reaction videos are being taken down!", and that was ALREADY HAPPENING.

The Finebros did NOTHING WRONG HERE. They are JUST making a network, that is ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING THEY ARE DOING. They are just being SCAPEGOATED for something that was ALREADY GOING ON for YEARS before their channel EVEN EXISTED. This has been happening since Youtube was FIRST CREATED.

How is this SO hard to wrap your mind around? PROBLEM THERE BEFORE PEOPLE SAY THING, SO PEOPLE SAY THING NOT CAUSE OF PROBLEM. Is THAT easier for you? Is THAT an adequate explanation? Or am I COMPLETELY WASTING MY FUCKING TIME trying to explain this EXTREMELY SIMPLE CONCEPT to you?

Of course I am. You have bought so deeply into this narrative that, remember, has NO SUPPORT FROM THE FACTS, that reason and logic are completely lost on you and you've convinced yourself either that this issue that is almost eleven years old is somehow brand new or otherwise come to the conclusion that Finebros can send copyright strikes BACKWORDS IN TIME. And either way, you're really starting to PISS ME OFF.

Reaction videos are the scum of the fucking earth, and get rightly treated like it. They're freebooting off of other people's videos in order to get a share of the original video's views without having to do anything for it. Look at that cunt Jinx, for one great example. They get hit with copyright strikes ALL THE TIME, because they FUCKING DESERVE IT, and the only reason Finebros' videos don't get taken down as often is because they at least make sure to get permission from the original creators first.

This has been an exhausted subject covered by many youtubers and law professionals alike, all boiling down to "Fair Use". Whether or not it's "scum of the earth" is irrelevant since at it's core, and as long as they don't just sit there doing nothing and actually provide some commentary or insight, then it's transformative of the original work therefore legal under the pretense of fair use.

That does NOT mean Finebros is responsible for other people's "reactions" being taken down, they aren't the ones doing it. Finebros is just the newest scapegoat. Before this, it was Jacksfilms.

And yet there's people exposing cases of copyright claims on their video's by their company where the only similarity is the word "react" in the title.

(name misleading and sarcastic. Video may be a bit as well.)

THEY ARE ALWAYS BEING FUCKING TAKEN DOWN, they're ALREADY copyright infringement on the ORIGINAL videos. There isn't anything different new, people are just scapegoating the Finebros when they got caught fucking freebooting off of the videos they're "reacting" to.

Most cases of copyright claim on reaction video's never fall through when the channel in question is large enough to challenge it. A lot of times it's the result of either system abuse or report spamming(the latter less of the case in this one)

If you really want people to consider your side, this is far from how to do it. Let's not forget that I AM trying to look at both sides of the argument here and the more I look the less I like.

That being said, IHE comes out with yet another video that sums up a how i feel on this as a whole.

FjOKNSOflhk

Edit:

Top post is interesting

Retired Forum Moderator

Yeah, after seeing that, it is the EXACT STUPIDITY I WAS TALKING ABOUT. Random things being taken down by copyright strikes that they have no proof are at all related. Just like they were a week ago, a month ago, a year ago and a decade ago. I fucking give up.

Yeah, after seeing that, it is the EXACT STUPIDITY I WAS TALKING ABOUT. Random things being taken down by copyright strikes that they have no proof are at all related. Just like they were a week ago, a month ago, a year ago and a decade ago. I fucking give up.

LOL good for you :)

Alright alright back on topic please.

I feel weird using Reddit for all this but so far they're to only one's I've who've really cited some form of sources half the time. O_o

Retired Forum Moderator

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.