The Half-Life and Portal Movies Dream Cast Game

Sign in to follow this  

It has been pretty much confirmed that J.J. Abrams is working with Valve to make at least two movies (one for Half-Life, the other for Portal).

In this game, you give who you most want to star in various roles in each of the two movies. This is pretty open ended because you get to pick the roles and, if you'd like, explain why you think they'd be perfect for the roles, but that's not necessary.

This is not a thread to discuss the wisdom of making said movies, or for giving your input on the movies in general. It is only for whom you would cast in the roles. Keep in mind the ages of the actors. Don't cast Hugh Laurie as Gordon Freeman because Freeman is 27 years old and Laurie is 57. Laurie would be great, but he's too old to play the character. Also, please don't cast Ross Scott in the role of Freeman. He'd have to cut his glorious hair and that's not going to happen! Discussion of the actors/actresses is fine, but let's keep this friendly.

Beyond that, go wild!

Gordon Freeman: Kellan Lutz (with green contacts)

G-Man: Richard Sammel

Eli Vance: Don Cheadle

Chell: Victoria Justice

That's my list to kick things off. I'm probably really bad at this game, though. I'd love to see what you all come up with!

I'm going to do two scenarios, one where it's live action. The other where it's CGI/animated and instead of doing celebratory actors, they get voice actors (assuming they don't use the game's actors).

Live Action:

Gordon Freeman: Hugh Laurie

Barney: Brett Dalton

G-Man: JK Simmons

Eli Vance: Denzel Washington

Kleiner: Bryan Cranston

Chell: Summer Glau

Glados: Gina Torres

Voice actors:

Freeman: Ross Scott :D (but really I think it should be no one or Kevin Conroy)

Barney: James Arnold Taylor or Phil Lamarr

G-Man: Steve Blum

Eli Vance: John DiMaggio

Kleiner: Billy West

Chell: No one or Tabitha St Germain

Glados: Tara Strong

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA